Hi MFP! I'm new and need friends :]

Here's the scoop: I'm brand new to this site and looking for a supportive network of friends to help me on my journey to lose 135 lbs. Holy moly, that is a big goal. But I'm ready. :]

Replies

• ECR1989
    ECR1989 Posts: 158
    You can add me :) I'm Emily, 23 yo student from England living in Germany! I'm aiming to get fitter and healthier this year and loving the challenge of it so far, feeilng better than I have in ages and it's encouraging seeing results! People here are really friendly and encouraging and give you that extra push if you need it :)
    Good luck and have fun!
  • You're in the right place. The people here are inspirational. I'll be happy to be a cheerleader in your corner. Good luck!
  • Hey! I am on a journey to lose 120 or more! I am always available to talk, motivate and support! I look forward to going through this journey together! Let's get fit and fabulous!
  • joyfulnoise27870
    joyfulnoise27870 Posts: 32 Member
    Your in the right place. You can do it. Just set small goals where the goal is always within your grasp and before you know it, you'll be on a roll. Thats how I lost all of mine. I'd set 5lb goals and work toward them. I'm now trying to lose my last 10 lbs and could also use the support. Add me :)
  • Hi! I'm cjr1951. I am also new at this and it is driving me crazy. I would like to chat with others to find out what they are eating and how they stay on trac. I find I am always hungry even if I am not. Any one with suggestion please help.

I also would like to become friends with others.
  • mama78loosinWeight
    mama78loosinWeight Posts: 130 Member
    Hi there! Welcome to MFP! You're in the right place for motivation and support for some serious goals. Feel free to add me. :happy: I started this past May myself. My goals are big too and I'm 1/2 way there now! I'm here everyday, for motivation and support because I really believe the support I get here has made all the difference in my weight loss. You can do it! It's just like eating an elephant....just take it one bite at a time :laugh:
  • aseymour13
    aseymour13 Posts: 765 Member
    welcome to MFP! Great group of people to surround yourself with! Feel free to add me! As I have said before - its a Marathon, not a sprint!
  • TwinMom0804
    TwinMom0804 Posts: 18 Member
    Feel free to add me too! I just started about two weeks ago. I am 5'6" and started out at 230. Hoping to get down to 160, then will take it from there! I would love to add some friends to chat with and to help motivate, maybe even share recipes and ideas! Always looking for some new and good food ideas! :). I live in Waynesville, OH.
  • You can add me! I'm 22. I started last May. My beginning weight was 276 pounds. I'm down to 198! So we have the same end goal! I'd love to be 140. You can do this!! I LOVE getting motivation and helping to motivate everybody... so anybody who needs extra motivation... PLEASE ADD ME TOO!!! :)
  • JuicyJBaby3
    JuicyJBaby3 Posts: 123 Member
    We can help motivate each other.... add me :)
  • cattracy0829
    cattracy0829 Posts: 177 Member
    Anyone feel free to add me. I am on every day and I love to support my pals and be supported. :)
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    You are more than welcome to add me. I have 35 plus to lose, but I'm 44 so it doesn't just slip off like it does the younger set. I'll be here a while.

:glasses:
  • welcome, you can do it! but you may want to set small goals. that seems to be working for me. (although I need to give myself a bit of a butt kick right now) anyone can add me who wants.
  • meg7399
    meg7399 Posts: 672 Member
    I'm not new, and I am almost at my goal of 40 pounds gone! Feel free to add me!
  • CandyDiehardBAMF
    CandyDiehardBAMF Posts: 41 Member
    Sending a request =) anyone else can add me too if they so desire, always up to new buds =)
  • ChrisDP88
    ChrisDP88 Posts: 8 Member
    Anyone please feel free to add me
  • Becoming_Palm
    Becoming_Palm Posts: 30 Member
    Anyone feel free to add me! Everyone need motivators in their corners! Count me in to be yours! 2013 here we come!
  • Esther50
    Esther50 Posts: 252
    You can add me, we can motivate each other.
  • gloriaallen36
    gloriaallen36 Posts: 123 Member
    YAY I am new too, add me!!
  • LunarGypsy
    LunarGypsy Posts: 18 Member
    Hi! This is a really good way to reach that goal! Anyone and everyone feel free to add me as well. I used MFP to lose almost 90 lbs about two years ago, then got pregnant with my little girl, now i'm using it again to lose the weight I gained during the pregnancy. (which was way too much lol). This time around I have lost 12 lbs of my initial 40 lb goal, but might go for more once I reach that. I am more than happy to encourage and share every tip I have on how I did it before, even including eating out once a week and having a bunch of kids running around with minimal time to exercise correctly lol. Here's hoping we all reach our goals!