Challenge Issued

Options

Replies

• VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    Now I'm getting all insecure because my success stories haven't garnered any hate messages or strikes. :sad:

I've got to work a lot harder. :laugh:

I HATE YOU LORINA...

(only because you're so awesome though, and I'm jelly!)

:wink:
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    All you ladies look amazing and are amazing!! Inspiring photos, but more importantly, inspiring ATTITUDES!! :smooched:
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    Now I'm getting all insecure because my success stories haven't garnered any hate messages or strikes. :sad:

I haven't gotten any hate mail today, either. Boo for us, Lorina! :wink:
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    And what the hell..

100_1189-1.jpg

111512192923_zpsa8f4d940.jpg

Oy that's too big.. but I can't fix it just yet...
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options

xoxoxox!!! :love:
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    And what the hell..

100_1189-1.jpg

I drooled water.... uh, hi Brett.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO you do NOT want!!
  • yoovie
    Options
    And what the hell..

100_1189-1.jpg

Oy that's too big.. but I can't fix it just yet...

yeah I would have never recognized you as that guy, but Friday when I opened the pub door, I knew exactly who you were
  • saverys_gal
    saverys_gal Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    My eyeballs are falling out of my head ladies! I :heart: you all for sharing pics! It's these success stories that help keep me motivated and inspired because I want to be one soon. Keep 'em coming!
  • mousepaws22
    mousepaws22 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I know it's completely off topic but I have to confess to reading through Vjohn04's profile. Nearly two years ago my mum fell and crushed her L4- she couldn't even have surgery because her osteoporosis had made her spine like a block of cheese according to her surgeon. That is why I lift weights, so I can avoid osteoporosis. It's amazing that you were able to get back to the activities and level of fitness that you wanted to.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Definitely do NOT post your success story until you are sure your skin is thick enough to handle the backlash. I CANNOT stress this ENOUGH.

If you are bless your heart sensitive and shy, wait til youre a little more solid in your new body and sense of self before opening yourself up to the hate that is on these boards.

I know everyone says that for every mean person there are 10 that have your back, but its that one person, the one that never posts publicly, that reads everything and stores it all up inside until they can open up a private message to you and unleash their self hatred on your unsuspecting spirit and THAT is the one that can break you and send you back into hiding if they catch you at a bad moment.

yeah there are a million supportive people on this site, but for those suffering from FFGS, it only takes the one hate-filled mom on the couch.

Oh I totally getcha... I see it all the time with my friend (who is a TV Meteorologist (an actual one with the degree)) I watch people hate on her all the time (I then I say the things back to them that she cannot)... I'm not the "shy" type so much as observant... I love to observe people... I have been around the forums a time or two that I have some pretty thick skin... And I'm just trying to lose the weight that I gained while on medication and didn't watch what I ate or did.... I was pretty damn proud of that body... and I want it back!!!!

Honestly though, y'all motivate me... I may not tell those on my friends list all the time... but they do... if anything I am most jealous of the motivation that everyone seems to have. But that's a me thing, not anyone else.
  • k8blujay2
    Options
    Boo! How ridiculous?! Makes me not want to post a success story when it's my turn.

If this thread teaches anything it's that you can't let jealous people ruin your success. They'll try, know that. But you just gotta brush it off and keep being awesome.

So true... so true...
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I may not tell those on my friends list all the time... but they do... if anything I am most jealous of the motivation that everyone seems to have. But that's a me thing, not anyone else.

YOU motivate ME!
  • yoovie
    Options
    I would just like to point out that in my photo with a tanktop...I am not wearing a bra. No for real..and I nursed for over a year.
    And I was born with this tan. So there! :tongue:

Yep...and WTF happened to your hand/nails?!?!??!?!
    Oh those pics in my profile were my zombie nails for Halloween. I even made a tutorial on how to make them. Creepy right!

just kinda fell in love a little...
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    I know it's completely off topic but I have to confess to reading through Vjohn04's profile. Nearly two years ago my mum fell and crushed her L4- she couldn't even have surgery because her osteoporosis had made her spine like a block of cheese according to her surgeon. That is why I lift weights, so I can avoid osteoporosis. It's amazing that you were able to get back to the activities and level of fitness that you wanted to.

Thanks for the kind words and taking time to read my story :)

I have to be very careful about how hard I push myself-- there are some lifts I really shouldn't do, even though I think I probably could..
  • yoovie
    Options
    nevermind
  • demery12371
    demery12371 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    To the original OP of this thread..... thank you for this.... I've been struggling alot lately and I really needed to see the successes and positive attitude of you guys here!!! You have renewed my drive for success and pushing past the crap from my husband and finding the true me. Thank you all for sharing your pictures and sucesses. Your AMAZING!!!
  • k8blujay2
    Options
    I may not tell those on my friends list all the time... but they do... if anything I am most jealous of the motivation that everyone seems to have. But that's a me thing, not anyone else.

YOU motivate ME!

Aww!! Thanks Patti! I hope to start doing a better job soon though... got my new running shoes.... waiting for my wellness money to come in (in the next couple of weeks) so I can buy some new weights... heavier than 5 lbs... my DH got a treadmill from his parents (that they don't use atm because of health reasons... to which I won't go into here)... The converting of our back room into a Family Room/Exercise room is starting and I am so excited for that!

ETA: Forget hope... I WILL!!!
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Aww!! Thanks Patti! I hope to start doing a better job soon though... got my new running shoes.... waiting for my wellness money to come in (in the next couple of weeks) so I can buy some new weights... heavier than 5 lbs... my DH got a treadmill from his parents (that they don't use atm because of health reasons... to which I won't go into here)... The converting of our back room into a Family Room/Exercise room is starting and I am so excited for that!

All good stuff! I'll motivate you to get on that treadmill!
  • k8blujay2
    Options

All good stuff! I'll motivate you to get on that treadmill!

I actually LOATHE the treadmill... it is soooo boring. But, It's just warm enough that I am willing to go out to my favorite linear park with some awesome trails and a pond that I will go out to a few times a week. :D