Come clean

Options

Replies

• california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    I usually hope the cashier doesn't call the police when I buy a baseball bat, duct tape, plastic sheeting, 2 boxes of rubber gloves, and a disposable jump suit. Sometimes your kids start little league the same week you redo a room. Sometimes.
  • celebrity328
    celebrity328 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I dont wish the casheir would comment but they do! usually in the form of a question... what is this? how the heck do you eat that?! or why would you eat that! Its usually collar greens or kale they cant figure out what the heck it is, its kind of amusing to me :)

One time a overweight guy was behind me in the check out and as I was bagging my food up he asked me If he could talk to me after I was done. He asked me a couple questions about my food choices and how I lost my weight, told em to get check this site. I see him once in a while and hes making better choices and lost some weight :)!

I have had many people in the store comment on my food in the cart usually asking me why at first then that turns into a conversation of check this site out ;)!
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Seriously? And by what do you mean "clean" are you stating that processed foods are not clean? I mean, I dont have to wash them off....
  • valeriebpdx
    valeriebpdx Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Every time someone buys a honey bun or coke from my store, I just look at them and say, "do you even know how many calories is in that??" Then I suggest they eat eggs for breakfast and salad for lunch.

Surely you don't actually say these things out loud? I would be having a long conversation with your supervisor if you did.
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    Honestly may favorite is when I go to the grocery store right after the gym wearing a tank top and all I buy are fatty pork products, ice cream and beer. I'm like, what? I LIVE off this stuff!

Only in Florida.... put on a shirt!

Its even better when its a true wife beater and I'm in cut offs, flip flops and wearing my Skoal Chew cap . . .

yeah, I knew you'd say that. :tongue:
    It's getting cool out now, though. I'm going to have to wear real clothes. Hate that.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    Every time someone buys a honey bun or coke from my store, I just look at them and say, "do you even know how many calories is in that??" Then I suggest they eat eggs for breakfast and salad for lunch.

Surely you don't actually say these things out loud? I would be having a long conversation with your supervisor if you did.

I'm the boss. It's awesome.
  • valeriebpdx
    valeriebpdx Posts: 499 Member
    Options

Yesterday I bought Lucky Charms and Frosted Flakes.

Do you eat all the oat bits out of your Luck Charms first and then eat a pure marshmallow delight, or is that just me?

One of my all-time favorite lines from the Simpsons: Bart: (picking through Lucky CHarms) "Damn FDA, why can't they *all* be marshmallow pieces?"

Lisa: "Ewww, don't put the non-marshmallow pieces back in the box! Those go in the trash."
  • aelunyu
    aelunyu Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Not the cashier- but I like to see the shame on the face of the person checking out behind me when they have a bunch sugary cereals, frozen pizzas and icecreams. Does this make me evil?

Enjoy your rabbit food. Meanwhile I'll enjoy my full calorie soda, ice cream, cheesecake, pizza etc and continue to get stronger and shredded.

I eat like this guy. But I used to eat nothing but organic, unprocessed, 100% whole grain. He's right that there's technically no such thing as "clean" or "good" foods. But he's forgetting that he's probably missing micronutrients, which are very very important. "rabbit food" as you call it, is essential to naturally healthy recovery processes.

Now days my grocery cart is basically a mixed bag of stuff people would label "healthy" and "unhealthy". but i always.. ALWAYS hit my macro numbers. which is most important, after all.

Once the cashier asked me if I really do eat all 5 packs of skinny cow ice cream sandwiches per week, because that amounts to a little under a package a day. I wasn't sure if i was ashamed or flattered, since i was at about 9% bodyfat!
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,628 Member
    Options
    I don't care, I'll admit it. I feel good about myself when I have a cart full of fresh/healthy items. I sometimes look around to see if people are looking at how great my cart looks but they never do lol But I comment to my boyfriend about how healthy everything is and he compliments me so at least I get some validation lol
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    Personally i don;t care for comments from others. I prefer questions, lol
  • MrGonzo05
    MrGonzo05 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I'm surprised when the cashier doesn't comment about the 10 packets of beef jerky.
  • KathyPBiles
    KathyPBiles Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I was surprised at myself when I last went to the grocery store. I had filled my buggy over half full with fresh fruits and vegetables. I was quite impressed!
  • KittyViolet
    KittyViolet Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Honestly may favorite is when I go to the grocery store right after the gym wearing a tank top and all I buy are fatty pork products, ice cream and beer. I'm like, what? I LIVE off this stuff!

Only in Florida.... put on a shirt!

Its even better when its a true wife beater and I'm in cut offs, flip flops and wearing my Skoal Chew cap . . .

Lol I think I was the cause of the corner store's newly enforced "No Shoes, No Shirt, No Service" policy. I went in this past summer in a rush (I was out of something in the middle of making it lol). My outfit was a pair of short shorts, a bikini top, and flip flops. I didn't think anything of it until I went back the very next day for whatever else, and there was a brand new sign on the door with the aforementioned policy. I was like "DAFUQ? U SRS?" But then I learned that the boss is a colossal c*** with a telephone pole up her butt. If it wasn't around the corner, I'd be taking my business elsewhere. HMPH.
  • _KATzMeow
    _KATzMeow Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Not the cashier- but I like to see the shame on the face of the person checking out behind me when they have a bunch sugary cereals, frozen pizzas and icecreams. Does this make me evil?

I do this too *evil laughs*
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    Thread tldr; if they're looking in my cart instead of at my *kitten* I need to be back at the gym, not the grocery store
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Um.....why? Are you wanting a Gold star for taking charge of your health, or...?
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    I've had one person comment on my shopping. Tomatoes, mini carrots, quark, and chicken and 15 bars of salt caramel dark chocolate and about as many protein bars. The woman behind me, that goes to the same gym, pointed to the chocolate and asked "is it that good"?

Another convert to my evil ways.

Oh, and look at all the Orthorexics with their snotty superiority complexes in this thread. Smh.
  • tndejong
    tndejong Posts: 463
    Options
    i have a store that i pretty much only buy fruit and veggies from. i always wonder what the cashier is thinking when im buying all this stuff and ima fat chick lol. must be thinking that im on the new years resolution diet kick lol.
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options

I do this too *evil laughs*

how sad.
  • Dymatized
    Options
    I did have one lady gripe at her daughter, point at my buggy and comment "See how nice he stacks the items in his buggy? Don't just throw that stuff in there like it's the bottom of your closet."

LMAO! G Thanks mom. LOL