Black Team Week 17!

Options

Replies

• ksproston
    ksproston Posts: 6,934 Member
    Options
    I know things happen for a reason. I believe that. But why, Lord, did a husband, father of 3 wonderful kids, have to get taken in such a tragic way? A wife lost her husband. Daughters lost their daddy. I don't understand it. For what reason is this?

One of those wonderful girls, who lost their daddy, is in our girl scout troop. Although our friendship is still new, as a mother, wife, human, my heart is breaking for this family right now. Please keep them in your prayers. :cry:

Folks, please hug your spouses, children, loved ones. If they mean everything to you, tell them, tell them and tell them again. You truly never know when they or you could be gone. It can happen so quick.

Black Team - You have helped save me from myself. I am thankful for you. Inspired by you. Thank you. This team and site means so much to me.
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    I have to stop getting on myself because the scale refuses to move downward. I just did my measurements and I have lost a whopping 1.5 inches off of my thighs. Yeah uh huh I know I rock. Woot Woot !!:happy: :drinker:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    I know things happen for a reason. I believe that. But why, Lord, did a husband, father of 3 wonderful kids, have to get taken in such a tragic way? A wife lost her husband. Daughters lost their daddy. I don't understand it. For what reason is this?

One of those wonderful girls, who lost their daddy, is in our girl scout troop. Although our friendship is still new, as a mother, wife, human, my heart is breaking for this family right now. Please keep them in your prayers. :cry:

Folks, please hug your spouses, children, loved ones. If they mean everything to you, tell them, tell them and tell them again. You truly never know when they or you could be gone. It can happen so quick.

Black Team - You have helped save me from myself. I am thankful for you. Inspired by you. Thank you. This team and site means so much to me.

:heart: :brokenheart:

Back at you, my friend.
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Hery black team...busy busy busy for me here..Yesterday worked at 5 am got off work went and got princess from school then dinner then gym then walk with a friend by this time its almost 8pm..my bed time..no dinner for kids yet..finally went to sleep about 830 up this morning at 330 had coffee french toast at gym at 5 outta gym at 6 and home and daughter ready for school and I am ready for work have to be at work at 7 walked out door at 640..Got to work at 643...worked 7-2 went and got daughgter had to go back to work to get my paycheck..fixin to eat dinner just had my weight watcher ice cream as my treat..Eating dinner heading to the gym just for weights then off to baseball practice where I will run 6 miles with another mom from baseball..this lady and gents is my last minute workout...I told you I have been busy...

Tanya- enjoy your day off

Marla- after 10 pm running your amaing

Bobbi- take care of that leg

Lori- That looks fabulous

Kati - I will keep that family in my prayers...

Everyone else hoping you are doing amazing...Had good weigh in, I feel good about my weigh in tomorrow I will keep ya'll posted..

Well off I go !!
  • Marla64
    Options
    Hey troops--

So last year, my neighbor was getting rid of her canopied gliding lawn swing thingie-- you know what I'm talking about right? She put it out by the curb with a free sign on it-- and I brought it home. Not such bad shape, I've enjoyed it. However, it's damaged after a year of MY kids on it--

Today I'm driving out of my street, same neighbor is putting her brand new canopied gliding lawn swing thingie out by the curb with a free sign on it-- "Another one?" I asked. She explained it wasn't the kind she wanted, so she's getting rid of it. Wow-- must be nice.

So, I bring it home. Tell the kids to hush-- don't let Daddy know-- he's kinda weird about things like that sometimes-- and I set it up by the front door on the patio-- obviously, he'll see it eventually--

He comes out, sees it, loves it, proclaims it beautiful-- says he wants to put it on the deck-- kids and I high-five each other-- success.

Gust of wind comes along, blows it over-- he comes in asking me what idiot accepted such a piece of crap.

I told him that particular flip-flop is a record for him-- :noway: I swear the guy should be a politician--

Whaddyagonnado?
  • zippy111
    zippy111 Posts: 2,241 Member
    Options

Kati - You're going to to do great! Enjoy every minute of it. Just breathe and take in all the sights and before you know it you will be at mile 5 already and you'll be done in no time! and it is a wonderful cause:heart::heart:

Just back from Zumba! Wow this can be really addicted. I brought my daughter with me tonight and she had a blast! It just puts you in such a great mood...not to mention gives you a nice extra 300+ calories to fit in a little dessert after dinner. Water all done today....I think 96 oz is enough!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

have a great night everyone!
  • zippy111
    Options
    Going to sign off and give my family a hug now! Thanks Black Team!!!! love you guys!

hey Lori - Dress hemmed?
  • Marla64
    Options
    Hey gang-- had a nice evening out tonight-- happy hour fundraiser for some local golf guy-- took Sarah with us because the local golf community supports her so much, and we're hoping for some additional financial aid to get her on tour--

Highlight of the evening was a 33 year old, smarmy European dude hitting on my daughter in front of her mother-- I shot him down when I introduced myself-- "Hi, I'm Marla...her mooooothhheeerrrrrrr."

Gave Sarah quite a chuckle--

Heading to type-- big surprise--

Later.
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    I have to stop getting on myself because the scale refuses to move downward. I just did my measurements and I have lost a whopping 1.5 inches off of my thighs. Yeah uh huh I know I rock. Woot Woot !!:happy: :drinker:

Have to clarify that is 1.5 inches off each thigh...:blushing:
  • Marla64
    Options
    Bobbi, that is wonderful-- I need to find the positive, too--

my scale won't budge...nor will the area around my tummy.

I'm wondering if it's the lovely, uh, change beginning-- my cycles aren't flooey, yet-- but, redistribution of weight, specifically around the middle seems rather consistent with it--

'Cause I'm telling you-- NOTHING has changed in my diet and activity-- weight's only up 5-6 pounds, but it's all around the tummy and boobles--

Fun stuff--
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,758 Member
    Options
    Happy to report the dress is hemmed. Not happy that I never got to it until 8 tonight and it took almost 2 hours between trying it on a zillion times, trying to cut it off straight, etc. It went ok, I'm a perfectionist, what can I say? I can't get the bottom seam of the real shear layer like it was, it sort of lays different. No way can my fingers roll it so small, get it in the machine and get it sewn. They must have a machine that does it for them. Regardless, hubs says who cares, I'm not tripping over it, my friend told me nobody was going to look at it anyway, they'd be staring at the girls who would be glaring at them. Fine. It's done. Check it off my list.

Tired. Outta here! Night!
  • familygirl37167
    Options
    Well everyone as I told someone the other day my body is at its happy weight and is not gonan budge I was right...same weight 144.6...5.2 down from goal weight...but my muscle mass went up by 3/10 of a percent...which isnt much but hey its something....off to the gym...
  • 72lori
    Options
    Well ladies, if we could just get our brains to be happy where our body is happy, life would be easier. :ohwell:

Hugs to all my black team friends. Yet another crazy busy day, although..... today is mani and pedi day for tomorrow and quite frankly, after that, I'm not touching anything. Too risky. Might mess up the mani. Leftovers for dinner and I'm not doing dishes. :tongue: Nor will I do laundry, clean the house, do yard work. I'm on temporary strike until after the ball.

So, before I head out for my pampering, I need to work like a mad women to get stuff done. What the heck am I doing sitting here? I already woke Ian up, who has wanted a haircut for days and did it at 6 AM this morning. Later!
  • familygirl37167
    Options
    Well ladies, if we could just get our brains to be happy where our body is happy, life would be easier. :ohwell:

Hugs to all my black team friends. Yet another crazy busy day, although..... today is mani and pedi day for tomorrow and quite frankly, after that, I'm not touching anything. Too risky. Might mess up the mani. Leftovers for dinner and I'm not doing dishes. :tongue: Nor will I do laundry, clean the house, do yard work. I'm on temporary strike until after the ball.

So, before I head out for my pampering, I need to work like a mad women to get stuff done. What the heck am I doing sitting here? I already woke Ian up, who has wanted a haircut for days and did it at 6 AM this morning. Later!

Amen Lori--just so hard after as hard as I worked I wanted to see a loss...guess since I do burn so much maybe I will take my eating up a bit and see how my body responds to that...thats on the agenda for this week!!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Good MOrning my MFP family!!:flowerforyou:

It is Friday.............right? no one is jackin' me around...........it IS still Friday??? OMG what a week:sad:

Well that evil inanimate object knowns as my scale is finally moving in the right direction. Now if you look in my diary you will see I worked super hard with the food................then slammed a LOT of sodium and fat (while staying close to calorie deficite) this week.

I know I likely would have seen a pound on that thing if I didn't eat crap.............but alas, it is what it is.

I am now back to execising and being generally more active................it's all good!!

Talk to you all later.........still have massive amounts of work to accomplish in 7.5 hours:bigsmile:
  • zippy111
    Options
    Happy to report the dress is hemmed. Not happy that I never got to it until 8 tonight and it took almost 2 hours between trying it on a zillion times, trying to cut it off straight, etc. It went ok, I'm a perfectionist, what can I say? I can't get the bottom seam of the real shear layer like it was, it sort of lays different. No way can my fingers roll it so small, get it in the machine and get it sewn. They must have a machine that does it for them. Regardless, hubs says who cares, I'm not tripping over it, my friend told me nobody was going to look at it anyway, they'd be staring at the girls who would be glaring at them. Fine. It's done. Check it off my list.

Congrats Lori! If we were at the ball with you I know that's the first thing I look at .....the HEM!:laugh: Have fun pampering yourself today. DD will be doing the same as she has her Senior prom tonight...aahhh memories....and the then the thoughts cross my mind of what I was like for my Senior Prom and after and I say.....ooohh the worries. We think we are so much smarter than our parents were...I'm sure they think the same.

Good Morning Miss Jeannie....i must say it is really nice to hear from you on a daily basis again.:heart:

Marla - I am struggling with the same tummy thingy. I have worked so hard this week logging, running, Zumba. I always want to see instant results. When we were younger it was so much easier wasn't it? Oh well. i'm glad to have you all to keep me in check.

Good Morning to everyone else. Have a great day!
  • mumsanutter
    mumsanutter Posts: 3,067 Member
    Options
    Hello all,

Well weighed this morning and have managed to lose some and get to 165 instead of 166:laugh: , but now need to exercise alot, as I went out and met my friend that has just had her baby and we had chocolate cheesecake (we shared it so not as bad as it could have been :huh: ).

Feeling quite headachey today, so think the weather is about to change here ( a storm is a coming :sad: , and not just me losing my temper with the 2 year old monster my son has become today!!).

Lori - well done on the heming and have a great pamper day

Marla - well done on shutting up the bloke hitting on your daughter, and sorry that I read your post wrong the other day :embarassed:

Jeannie - hello, hope your 7.5 hours goes quickly

Donna - we don't have proms over here, but I hope that your daughter has an amazing time

Tamara - glad that you have lost some, and that the muscle mass is increasing.

Kati - hugs to your friend, and to you. My thoughts are with you all

Thank you to all of you in this team for your constant support, and this daily chit chat - don't really have many people that I can talk to about this weightlose journey, so a big thank you.
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    Hola everyone!
  • 72lori
    Options

Congrats Lori! If we were at the ball with you I know that's the first thing I look at .....the HEM!:laugh: Have fun pampering yourself today. DD will be doing the same as she has her Senior prom tonight...aahhh memories....and the then the thoughts cross my mind of what I was like for my Senior Prom and after and I say.....ooohh the worries. We think we are so much smarter than our parents were...I'm sure they think the same.

Good Morning Miss Jeannie....i must say it is really nice to hear from you on a daily basis again.:heart:

Marla - I am struggling with the same tummy thingy. I have worked so hard this week logging, running, Zumba. I always want to see instant results. When we were younger it was so much easier wasn't it? Oh well. i'm glad to have you all to keep me in check.

I know as soon as I post a pic all of your eyes are going to go straight to the bottom and say, yeah, I see how it flips out weirdly. :laugh:

I too remember being a teenager, like it was yesterday. Makes me cringe cause I know my kids are there. I swear, we are so much cooler than our parents though! :wink:

Edit to add: I picked up a 'smoother' thingy to wear under my dress. Basically, it's a nice word for girdle sorta thingy. There isn't one of those dang things that is cute, sexy or nice looking. Blah! :noway: I bought the most non tortourous looking one I could find. It gives me the heebie jeebies when my underwear go above my belly botton! :grumble: Guess I either have something to suck it in or I let it hang out over. Choices.
  • ksproston
    ksproston Posts: 6,934 Member
    Options

I know as soon as I post a pic all of your eyes are going to go straight to the bottom and say, yeah, I see how it flips out weirdly. :laugh:

I too remember being a teenager, like it was yesterday. Makes me cringe cause I know my kids are there. I swear, we are so much cooler than our parents though! :wink:

Edit to add: I picked up a 'smoother' thingy to wear under my dress. Basically, it's a nice word for girdle sorta thingy. There isn't one of those dang things that is cute, sexy or nice looking. Blah! :noway: I bought the most non tortourous looking one I could find. It gives me the heebie jeebies when my underwear go above my belly botton! :grumble: Guess I either have something to suck it in or I let it hang out over. Choices.

I bought a body-slimmer-thingy once. Wore it once. I have no idea what I was thinking. The only conclusion is that I wasn't thinking. I was temporarily insane. While in the store looking at the different ones, I thought, "You know, going to the bathroom isn't going to be easy because I'll have to take my dress off to get the thing down." Then I notice that it has 3 eye hooks at the crotch. This is where my temporary insanity kicked in. I thought, "This is perfect. I can just un-hook the hooks when I need to go to the bathroom." So I buy it and wear it to a good friend's wedding. DH was the best man and my parents had the kids and I didn't have to drive. It was heaven. I could have a few drinks and not worry. After another friend buying his wife and I drink after drink after drink. I had to potty. I thought, "Thank God for the hooks." Unhooked they came, up the dress and slimmer thingy went and I pottied. From that point forward I was visiting the girls' room about every 45 minutes since a friend kept the drinks coming. I had no sense of vision, let-a-lone the ability to hook tiny, tiny, tiny eye hooks at my crotch. It was awful. It got thrown away.