My 365th day.....87lbs gone

Options

Replies

• mistresstomato
    mistresstomato Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    That is great! It can be done- I've seen it firsthand with my husband.
    It's so great to see so many inspiring stories on here from so many people.
    I hope you can reach your final goal and are happy with with you accomplished!
  • cathers_
    Options
    One year ago, I woke up 87lbs heavier than I woke up this morning. 87lbs. That is almost the combined weight of my 2 sons....unbelievable!

People ask me what I’ve done to be successful and I say diet and exercise, but it’s been so much more. This is a life change. When I first started out, I just counted calories. I learned what exactly portion control was all about. What I thought was a single portion was often 2-3 times as much. A couple weeks later, I incorporated exercise. At first, I could barely last 10 minutes on the elliptical and forget about walking on the treadmill….my calves burned like mad! But I just kept plugging and I didn’t give up. Sure there have been “bad days”, but I still keep going. In the first few months, I often wanted to quit. Being fat was sure as hell easier than losing weight….I’m sure I have said this to my friends and family more than I even care to know! But I kept seeing the scale drop into the numbers I haven’t seen for 10+ years. I made little goals for myself and achieved them. I have plateaued quite a few times and even though I would get unbelievably discouraged, I still kept my eye on the prize.

I’ve had to do a lot of trial and error as well. What worked in the beginning doesn’t work now. What works now will not work in 6 months from now. Currently I am sitting at 44lbs away from where I want to be but I may not be done at that point. I've got my end goal at 64lbs more, but we'll see what I feel like when I get there.

I’m not putting these photos out there because I am fishing for comments and compliments…I am putting these up so that people who struggle with their weight can see that it CAN be done. I hope the one person that thinks there’s nothing they can do to lose weight can be inspired. :)

1year-1.jpg

So inspiring, well done!
  • Millie2045
    Options
    Well done you you are proof that determination pays off & the
    Pain is all worth it. You look great & are an inspiration to us all
    Newbies. I started jan 02 2013 lost 7lb so far
  • cupcakesnomore
    Options
    I love when people post their journey. I have started on mine and the biggest thing I have found so far is what you said: when measuring my portions I have been shocked at the amount. I was eating well before but way too much. Thank you for sharing. I have not even got the guts to take before pics. I am sure I can find some but not ones that I had taken on purpose, that is for sure.

Enjoy the rest of your journey

I am SOOOO embarrassed of those before pictures that I cringe even putting them up (and I put them on FB EEEEEEEK!!!!) but to get the fire lit under my butt last year, I had to take it. Every drop of sweat, every sore muscle, every pound gone was 1 step further away from that fat girl. I still feel some days like I am that size still, but to me that's a good thing. It'll never let me forget where I came from.
  • cupcakesnomore
    Options
    Well done you you are proof that determination pays off & the
    Pain is all worth it. You look great & are an inspiration to us all
    Newbies. I started jan 02 2013 lost 7lb so far

Oh that is FABULOUS!!! Keep on going!!!
  • Lifeisgood2008
    Lifeisgood2008 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. What an inspiring story. I'm so frustrated with myself it isn't even funny... You've given me hope
  • mrsna
    mrsna Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the success of all of your hard work! Outstanding results here! Stay strong!
  • smithfive
    smithfive Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Awesome! you message is EXACTLY the message I needed to hear TODAY! I am 'recomitting' for the 6th time today. I don't have a much to lose,but like you said, being fat is easire - but it is also a pretty awful feeling inside. thanks, you made my day!:bigsmile:
  • Clemsonlkg
    Clemsonlkg Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    We share the same MFP "birthday!" I am here one year today as well! 83 pounds lighter and much much happier! If I can do this, anyone can!
  • MrsHoback
    Options
    Amazing job! Thank you for posting! Very inspiring! :smile:
  • Chris5138
    Options
    AWESOME!!! Keep up the great work. YOUR WORTH IT!!!
  • jc501
    jc501 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    You look great!!!
  • katattak73
    Options
    Awesome thanks for the encouragement ;)
  • jweisshoff
    jweisshoff Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Wow! What a great year you have had....be proud of that accomplishment!
  • cupcakesnomore
    Options
    Awesome! you message is EXACTLY the message I needed to hear TODAY! I am 'recomitting' for the 6th time today. I don't have a much to lose,but like you said, being fat is easire - but it is also a pretty awful feeling inside. thanks, you made my day!:bigsmile:

You are so right!! Being fat isn't just an outward appearance, its inward, too. You want to be invisible, you have low self esteem and worth...the list goes on. I poured my everything into my 3 kids and last year I woke up and decided I wanted better...I deserved better, my husband deserved better, my kids deserved better. Not only have I lost weight, my whole inner self has improved and I am going back to school to become a nutritionist. I want to help people feel the way I do!
  • brandylynnjudd
    Options
    Wow! You look great! I can't see you needing to lose much more! I wish I could get motivated here. I had a baby 6 months ago and have not lost a pound. Like you said, it is MUCH easier being fat.
  • optionalsourcewins
    optionalsourcewins Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    You look FABULOUS!!! Congratulations!! Thank you for sharing your story and explaining that your process has changed throughout your journey.
  • Classyandra
    Classyandra Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    AMAZING! You look amazing!
  • Tamz2013
    Tamz2013 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    such and inspiration, thank you!!
  • wendrz
    wendrz Posts: 118
    Options
    You look amazing and great determination! 87lbs gone!! you joke about that being the combined wieght of your sons.... I do the same. I tell people that I have to loose a elementary child (95lbs). seems daunting, but with stories like yours a year to turn around your life isn't much time at all....... THANK YOU!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!