My wife is trying to kill me

Options

Replies

• sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    Most guys and women I know who want to eat different than the rest of the family make their own food. Doesn't she have anything better to do than to figure out what you want? You do it. It's your body. If you don't like what she makes, go to the store yourself.
    Sorry, it's just I am the opposite. I eat a ton of veggies and fruit and put it out. If the family doesn't like it, there's the fridge...get it yourself. Maybe if you give her the tools if you don't want to do the cooking...or you could cook together...Buy her a nutrition book, but don't expect her to do all the work. She's not a mind reader. :)

Your incredible powers of perception give me renewed hope for the future of the human race! :huh:

Seriously! This was meant as a fun thread. To anyone who still thinks I was complaining about my wife or that burger, let me be clear: this is posted in "Chit-Chat, Fun and Games" and was a lighthearted post with my wife laughing over my shoulder as I posted it. My wife is frick'n awesome!!!! is it really so hard for everyone to see that I think so? And yea, I cook. My wife happens to be an incredible cook though, but she surrenders the kitchen once in a while to let me whip up an apple pie or a some serious steaks. Please, please, please learn to laugh a little. Life is way too short not to. :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • desiv2
    desiv2 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Where's the rest of it? Only two patties? Amateur.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Most guys and women I know who want to eat different than the rest of the family make their own food. Doesn't she have anything better to do than to figure out what you want? You do it. It's your body. If you don't like what she makes, go to the store yourself.
    Sorry, it's just I am the opposite. I eat a ton of veggies and fruit and put it out. If the family doesn't like it, there's the fridge...get it yourself. Maybe if you give her the tools if you don't want to do the cooking...or you could cook together...Buy her a nutrition book, but don't expect her to do all the work. She's not a mind reader. :)

Your incredible powers of perception give me renewed hope for the future of the human race! :huh:

Seriously! This was meant as a fun thread. To anyone who still thinks I was complaining about my wife or that burger, let me be clear: this is posted in "Chit-Chat, Fun and Games" and was a lighthearted post with my wife laughing over my shoulder as I posted it. My wife is frick'n awesome!!!! is it really so hard for everyone to see that I think so? And yea, I cook. My wife happens to be an incredible cook though, but she surrenders the kitchen once in a while to let me whip up an apple pie or a some serious steaks. Please, please, please learn to laugh a little. Life is way too short not to. :drinker: :flowerforyou:

I'm not laughing..because I see your diary everyday. *sniffs and gives the jealous look* :tongue: :laugh: :flowerforyou:
  • triciaj66
    triciaj66 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    just break up.

take the hamburger with you.
    LOL
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Just take some Alli, duh!

You should probably move the TV into the bathroom first.
  • kirstie3281
    kirstie3281 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    That looks so yummy!
  • runwmeNC
    runwmeNC Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Next thing you know she'll be serving you bacon for breakfast. The horror!

Mmmmmmmmmmm bacon bacon bacon I smell bacon!
  • TheRealJigsaw
    TheRealJigsaw Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I think you should be fine as long as you don't log it on MFP
  • Hinxx
    Hinxx Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Ok. This is serious stuff... *sigh*... I've made my decision:

I will sacrifice myself and eat that burger for you. It's the ONLY WAY. You must survive! Tell my family I love them... now RUN!
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Ok. This is serious stuff... *sigh*... I've made my decision:

I will sacrifice myself and eat that burger for you. It's the ONLY WAY. You must survive! Tell my family I love them... now RUN!

:laugh: I bow to you, sir!
  • mhotch
    mhotch Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    To paraphrase Clemenza

"Leave the wife, take the burger!"
  • Gunvy0407
    Options
    Eat the burger and veg with a knife and fork, leaving the bun on the plate. Eat half the corn.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    The HORROR
  • bekdavis
    bekdavis Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    that looks super tasty! eat it and then go exercise your *kitten* off!
  • sarahertzberger
    sarahertzberger Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    it doesn't look bad to me, maybe only one of those patties of meat, but if it's homemade, it looks like she used a whole grain bun, and she added vegetables to it, I really don't see what's wrong here, try talking to your wife instead of talking about her on her and thank her for trying for you.
  • AmberLee2012
    Options
    Ditch the bun and maybe one of the patties and you are good to go. I love corn. If you don't want it, I'll eat it :)
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    1000x500px-LL-9cd17c67_holy20thread20resurrection.jpg
  • jenniferrusso7393
    jenniferrusso7393 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    It looks truly yummy to me! Lean meat, low fat cheese? Whole corn, not processed? Bring it on!
  • bigbonedbob
    Options
    if you don't cook it yourself theres no calories in it !!!!!

aint that right gals !!!!!!!
  • edge_dragoncaller
    edge_dragoncaller Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    Needs Bacon and some Blue-Cheese crumbs (substitue Avacado if you like)

If she continues to take you down this path to your doom, I would suggest asking her to change it up a bit. Rib-eye and some mashed 'taters. Perhaps some slow-cooked ribs tossed in there occasionally.