Replies

• JudyAngelman
    JudyAngelman Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Bump to read later
  • karlalband
    karlalband Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I eat all of my exercise calories back because I calculated my TDEE without taking exercise into consideration. That was easier for me since I exercise a different amount every day.

I have been very successful. :) Check the ticker, yo! I am at least another .8 down from that as well, I am hoping by weigh-in tomorrow I'll be able to mark another full pound gone!
    Bump Very good point.
  • karlalband
    karlalband Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I'm gona give this a go.
    I have plateaued for the past 4 weeks or so even though I am eating way less and exercising. According to my TDEE calculation I am undereating by around 500 cals a day.
    It feels like a lot more to eat, its almost ingrained that you have to eat loads less to lose, but I'm going to give it a go and see how I get on.
    Nice to read peoples success using this method.

Edit - its a little confusing factoring all of this into mfp. I've worked out I can eat no less than around 1550 cal per day, and no more than around 1750 per day. This takes into account exercise, but when I add exercise to mfp it tells me I can have more cals and the working out all gets a little confusing!
    I agree, isn't that something, it's so crazy!
  • LottieLou13
    LottieLou13 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I'm gona give this a go.
    I have plateaued for the past 4 weeks or so even though I am eating way less and exercising. According to my TDEE calculation I am undereating by around 500 cals a day.
    It feels like a lot more to eat, its almost ingrained that you have to eat loads less to lose, but I'm going to give it a go and see how I get on.

Edit - its a little confusing factoring all of this into mfp. I've worked out I can eat no less than around 1550 cal per day, and no more than around 1750 per day. This takes into account exercise, but when I add exercise to mfp it tells me I can have more cals and the working out all gets a little confusing!

...so don't add your exercise. Or add it but log it as 1 calorie burned. Or add it and know that you can't eat those calories back.
  • PugCookie
    Options
    I'm gona give this a go.

...so don't add your exercise. Or add it but log it as 1 calorie burned. Or add it and know that you can't eat those calories back.

Yep thats what I'm gona do, not add my exercise, just log it in the little notes box under my food log so I can keep a note of what I'm doing. Makes it much easier for a ditz like me. Thanks :)
  • maryinnc
    maryinnc Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    bump-good info.
  • PugCookie
    Options
    I'm gona give this a go.

Almost seems too good to be true lol.
  • cassiegal724
    cassiegal724 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I've been doing essentially the same thing. I got a fitbit a couple of weeks ago and I use that to calculate my TDEE, which is great because it does vary day to day, so I can adjust my cal intake based on that day's cal burn. For the most part, I average a burn of 2700 - 2800 cal per day and I eat ~500 cal less than my burn. I've been doing this for 2 weeks and have lost about 3.5 lbs.

I think this thread is extremely important because so many folks eat so few calories and all you guys are proving that you can lose with more calories. So happy to see this!
  • ingeh
    ingeh Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Im doing this and losing 1-1.5lbs a week now. I use the scooby workshop one which uses hours worked out a week, I use 1-3hrs a week exercise seeing as im doing 30 say shred daily and another 10-20 min workout a few days a week as well. Im allowed about 1730 cals a day, I aim for about 1600cals which is more then my BMR (1578) so Im trying to be in the middle of those numbers. Im finding it fine with the amount Im eating and Im going to stick at it. Im also going to stick to at least 3 30 minute workouts a week after shred is done, Im loving exercising daily now so hopefully Il keep it up even at goal
  • Virgo09
    Virgo09 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    bump
  • greenhumanclay
    greenhumanclay Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • pretty4Jesus
    pretty4Jesus Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • ReclaimingSarah
    ReclaimingSarah Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I've been stuck for MONTHS!! However, if I'm being honest- I wasn't exercising regularly until this month. I'm going to keep on the MFP-given-calories track until this weigh-in & if there is STILL no loss, I will be switching to TDEE-20%! My MFP pal, DeterminedButLazy broke through an epic plateau with it, so she's inspired me!
  • eys81
    eys81 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • starcatcher1975
    starcatcher1975 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I started doing this a while ago and it's been working...some weeks better than others but I think that's more because I'm not very consistent with my eating. I vary rarely go over but there are a lot of days I'm more under than I should be. I've been sort of stuck the last few weeks but I think it's probably time for me to adjust my calorie count by now. If you decide to follow this I would suggest sticking with it for a few weeks instead of giving up right away if you don't see results.
  • starcatcher1975
    starcatcher1975 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    OK from this forum I went out and calculated my TDEE and I have to bump up my calorie intake by almost 500. That seems a lot to me, but I will make them healthy choices and see what happens. Nothing has worked so far and I am weight-lifting now so I am sure the cals are needed. Any tips would be great!

Mine went up by 700. It was scary! I also followed advice from others and made my carbs 40, protein 20 and fat 20. Look for the post called In Place of a Roadmap 2.0 for more info.

Please tell me how do u manage your macros at 40 20 20???? I don't know how is it grams? Carbs 40grams? Is that per day

Thanks

You can go into your goals and change your macros there and based on your calories MFP will automatically calculate how many of each you can eat. You just set the percentages 40%,20%,20% (where's the other 20%?) you want and remember to save it.

Home->goals->change goals-> select custom and it's in the first big box Daily Nutritional Goals/Target. Hope this helps
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I've been stuck for MONTHS!! However, if I'm being honest- I wasn't exercising regularly until this month. I'm going to keep on the MFP-given-calories track until this weigh-in & if there is STILL no loss, I will be switching to TDEE-20%! My MFP pal, DeterminedButLazy broke through an epic plateau with it, so she's inspired me!

I LOVE YOU LONG TIME xx
  • Nic620
    Nic620 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • whenday
    whenday Posts: 64 Member
    Options
  • bluecrayonz
    bluecrayonz Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    tdee is telling me to up my calories by around 400! should i be afraid to do that
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!