100 pounds to loose? REALLY??

Options

Replies

• pudgeylou
    pudgeylou Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I felt exactly the same way. It seemed like so far to go 100 lbs, but I am happy to say that I am now halfway there. It can be done, it will get tough but having friends on MFP really helped to push me through those tough times. You can do this!
  • LynnieG85
    LynnieG85 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Sure, accept that you have 100 lbs to lose ... then put that on the back burner and focus on your first 10. Then once you've reached 10lbs, you'll have hit a target, instead of just thinking "wow, I've got 90lbs to lose".

Add me as a friend if you would like more support. You can do this! There's great support on this site if you want it :)
  • mjterp
    mjterp Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    and this will be your LAST because this will be success! Slow and steady, one habit at a time...you can DO this!!!
  • LindseyGreen2010
    Options
    I have at least 100 lbs to loose too so I understand how difficult this is but also how difficult being over weight is too! You've got this just stick with it and remember all things are possible threw Christ who gives us strength! Good luck.
  • Skiing914
    Options
    I have 87 to lose myself, but don't think of it as a "diet" and don't think about that 100 lbs!! It's just a lifestyle change that will eventually make you lose the weight. Give yourself a good year. Don't think negatively about it. Get excited! You have the power to change all of the things you hate about being overweight. As soon as you start losing a few pounds...you will get motivated to keep going. Don't let food control you. I recommend putting everything you eat in this app and staying within the calorie range assigned. Get moving...try to get 30 minutes of walking or some type continuous exercise a day. Try this website www.skinnytaste.com for awesome recipes. My dietician says, "if it comes in a package, it's no good." Examine the nutrition labels on food purchases, paying close attention to serving sizes, fat, saturated fat and sugar content. It will become a habit if you learn to do this every day. I know I'm providing a lot of info, but I am in the middle of a weight management program with a registered dietician and it all makes sense for a lifestyle change that will last forever! Good luck to you!! :wink:
  • FinallyFindingLisa
    FinallyFindingLisa Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    It's not impossible, just feels that way now - take it slow, few little meaningful changes at a time - do NOT overwhelm yourself with trying to fix a lifetime of bad habits in a week, that's the quickest way to failure. It can be done!!:bigsmile:
  • Peazwithin
    Peazwithin Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    You absolutely have this one, this time! Like so many here, I had 100+ to lose. I have lost half, 75lbs and am confident, with all the encouragement I get on this site and being able to track my food & exercise, my goal will be obtained this year. You can do this too! I sent you a friend request and we can all encourage each other. Just think one bite at a time, don't be intimidated by the mountain, just take that first step and keep stepping!!
  • cgarand
    cgarand Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you are here! I have a lot to lose too. And, you will find people who HAVE lost a lot and gained even more here. My MFP friends help inspire me to make the changes I need to take back my life, before it's too late. All the tools you need are right here to guide you on your way. Any question you have others here have had before, so don't be afraid to post in the forums. I have learned so much from my MFP friends and have lost 30 lbs so far. You can do this! :flowerforyou:
  • Bobbie63
    Bobbie63 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I have over 100 pounds probably 115, and I would really like it to be over Oktober 1. I don't think that will happen but I am hoping to make a large dent in it. I will say, I am in the pool every morning, and it is so wonderful to keep me on track and in the right mind frame. Wonders for the attitude. I go with my housemate. We do not chat, or talk, we work out.If you do start swimming or exercising I think even if you don't lose weight right away, you will feel firmer and build some muscle. Just dont be one of those chatty people and if you are by someone who is, tell them you will chat later. Concentrate on the exercise, how your body feels, how strong you are feeling. I am kidding you not, its great. Good luck.
  • joyfuljule12
    joyfuljule12 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Everyone is right, it's the small achievements on the journey that make it worth while and keep you motivated. You've been strong enough to admit a change is necessary....you'll be strong enough to see this through. MFP is a great site with friends that encourage and keep you accountable. Welcome!
  • kali31337
    kali31337 Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!
  • CABasile
    CABasile Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Me too, I also need to lose 100 pounds. Well, actually more than that! It seems overwhelming, so I'm trying to focus on one day at a time.
  • dga226
    dga226 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    noticing is half the battle now take the time to see what you can c hange little steps at first then go form there thats waht i am doing i first started to take my soda drinking down and then ice tea and now drinking more water then i ever did and i hate tap water
  • ScarletFyre
    ScarletFyre Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    You can do it! When i started on here (again-i was on and kind of stopped then came back for good) i had 95 to lose - that was in around May/June 2012 - i am 1/3 of the way there! 65 left - still a long road ahead, but a decent road behind me too! You will get awesome support in addition go the great tools that the site provides! feel free to add me if you like!!
  • polo571
    polo571 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    You can do it. Don't forget about the weights. I used all cardio to lose mine and now trying to get that muscle back. Take it one day at a time.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Wow, did I really type that? 100 pounds, how did I get this far out of control...sigh...a friend introduced me to this site, and I am hopeful that one day at a time I can move things in the right direction. I am a type two diabetic, have sleep apnea, and asthma along with the other aches and pains of being overweight. Okay, day one...here I go again.
    :smile:

Hi :flowerforyou: you can thank your friend for suggesting a powerful weight loss and fitness tool! Many, many people using MFP have lost remarkable amounts of weight and you can too. Key is to have a goal and to use the tool each and everyday, good or bad days... Every day. Consistency, accountability, honesty important. Get on here and use it. Best of luck to you!
  • mcn79
    mcn79 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    On June 16, 2012 I decided I had to do something about my weight. I weighed 292 and wanted to lose at least 92 lbs. I found this site and someone had posted "A year from now you will wish you had started today." When I started I had all of these grandiose plans of how quickly I was going to lose weight.... I hoped to hit my "goal" of 92 lbs lost by the year mark. It's been 7 months and I've lost 26 lbs... the weight is not exactly flying off the way I had hoped. But I've lost 26 lbs! I kept it off over the holidays! I feel better, I sleep better, I am healthier... Take your time, figure out what is right for you and take it one day at a time. If you stumble, which we all do, you start again the next day. THAT is success.

Please feel free to add me as a friend. :)
  • flexdirectcpr
    flexdirectcpr Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    You have come to the right place. You can do this!
  • kcdholliday
    Options
    I just asked myself the same question before I read your blog a few minutes ago. It feels good to know that I'm not alone in this and I'm on the right path and the right website to get the support I need. This is my first day as well and I feel this is what I need to reach my goal.
  • NurseEmmyRN
    NurseEmmyRN Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Heya! Welcome! Like everyone has been saying, it's just one change at a time. Don't turn it into a race you can't win. :-) I work in medical and am on the road to eventually becoming an endocrinologist, so if you have questions about weight loss despite all those fun problems, feel free to ask! If I don't know I can ask a doctor for you. I'd suggest starting with a light walking routine in a climate controlled environment (gym, mall, etc) and a little weight lifting. One of my favorite books is the diabetes detour diet. It's simple and works with balancing sugars while still losing weight.