What do you ladies work out in?

Options

Replies

• alison590
    Options
    Lululemon !!!
    Best sports bras ever. Most comfy. Best looking and longest lasting workout clothes
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    I work out at home but I don't like wearing anything baggie because it flops around when you do anything like burpees or jumping jacks. Also if I am in an inversion pose I don't want anything going over my face or my stomach popping out. I usually wear yoga pants (even when I'm not doing yoga) and one of those cami's that have the builit in bra.

This is one of my favorites, as well. But then I usually work out at home and don't always bother with pants - good fitting boy shorts are just as comfy.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Whatever fits in the category of gym clothes and is clean. When it is hot, sleeveless tops. When it is cold, sleeved tops.
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    Usually one of those moisture whisking shirts and pants usually full lenght or crop pants. I don't think it's to impress anyone, I just feel better in them and it's nice not to feel moist like I would in regular cotton.
  • Narla444
    Narla444 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    The only must for me is a really good racer back sports bra. My t-shirt is usually a wicking one, and snug enough it's not going to ride up much or flop around.
  • tegantheaverage
    tegantheaverage Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Workout tee and shorts. I was uncomfortable in shorts my whole life until I realized my legs actually look pretty nice.

ETA: Unfortunately, I don't change at the gym (the locker room is never used and looks like you'll get raped in there), so now that it's winter I have to work out in long pants and it's horribly warm.

In winter I usually wear my shorts under my long pants so that I can just take them off for my workout and put them back over the top when I leave.

I've got a few different bottoms but my favourite are my nike running shorts with the tights underneath and loose shorts on top. I'm still wearing them even though they're 3 sizes too big :/ And I always wear a singlet/tanktop on top as I hate the feeling of a big t-shirt moving around!
  • DamnImASexyBitch
    DamnImASexyBitch Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Usually a bra, then a compression tank over it ( I hate sports bras because I'm too endowed in the chest area ). Then sometimes another shirt over that depending on where I am. Then I usually wear some type of tighter fitting capri pant or shorts.
  • mandiam
    mandiam Posts: 109
    Options
    If i'm spinning i wear my bibs (padded spandex oh yeah!) with a tank or an old tshirt that i've converted into a pretty cute workout tank & a sports bra.

if i'm running or doing crossfit, i wear shorts that are not super loosey goosey because i don't want any goods showing when i'm laying down with my knees bent. --on top i wear the same thing as when i spin...either a tank or a cute converted shirt/tank thing.
  • jennmodugno
    jennmodugno Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Yoga pants and a tank top at home, and I'm in a Gi while in class. Both times I don't wear socks or shoes, because martial artists never do while training. :smile:
  • Brianna716
    Brianna716 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Yoga pants and a workout top in the winter, workout shorts and top in the summer.
  • maryjay52
    maryjay52 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    varies for me . sometimes i wear shorts and sometimes sweats..being the dead of winter and living in the buffalo ny area , i opt for sweats at this time of the year
  • Misseena
    Misseena Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Usually shorts and a tank... keeping in mind the motto: "Look good, feel good, do good."

I've never heard this motto, but I love it!! :flowerforyou:

That being said, my answer to this question is: I tend to wear whatever is clean and close at hand! It's often a race to get my workout clothes on and jump on the elliptical before the laziness sets in and sabotages me!
  • Mjhnbgff
    Mjhnbgff Posts: 112
    Options
    I'm most comfortable in Dri-Fit type short or long sleeve tees, not too tight but also not too loose, and either yoga pants or compression capris.
  • LetsGetFitMama
    Options
    I will either wear dry-fit pants and tank top or sweatpants and a baggy shirt. Depends on my mood and what I am doing. I typically wear shoes when doing my at home workouts and I, as much as I hate it, have to wear a reg bra AND a sports bra ... gotta keep the girls in line! lol
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Yoga pants, tank top, running shoes.

I sweat like crazy so I couldn't imagine wearing something heavier. I'll probably switch to shorts in the summer.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Jogging pants and an oversized tshirt.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I have a home gym, so I don't dress for a training session with the intent to impress anyone, but I do like to feel like I look good even though no one is going to see me (not even me because I don't have mirrors in my gym). So I wear compression pants/shorts and cute tank tops. My biggest concern, though, is ease of movement, so I wear clothes that fit. I don't like baggy clothes or clothes that are too tight because they get in the way. They bunch up, ride up, slide down, etc. I prefer clothes that don't require constant adjusting and are not otherwise distracting in some way.

I also do not wear shoes when I train because, as with martial artists, heavy lifters either go barefoot or wear shoes with very thin, flexible soles so they can still feel the ground beneath them. It's essential to proper form.
  • turbosled
    Options
    Sweats, Tshirt and good runners.
  • imthejenjen
    imthejenjen Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    a pair of old pajama pants, a tank, and 2 bras-one reg, one sports. sometimes I'll wear shorts, but since my thighs still rub together, its a bit uncomfortable. ugh. lol
  • JustMichelleB
    Options
    Old Navy compression capris mainly and a tank top or fitted T.
    Pretty much what I'm wearing in my picture.
    I work out at home, but still like to look good. Keeps me motivated.