How did I get here?

Options
13»

Replies

• manjila
    manjila Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Rosee...You have made the decision....you would get there...!!all the very best girl !!!
  • sulyvan
    Options
    You go girl. One step (or KG) at a time. It won't always be easy, but just keep your focus. You will feel so much better physically and mentally. God bless you on your journey.
  • black_cats
    black_cats Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thank you, everyone.

This really is a fantastic community and I know I will be able to do this with such a great group of people supporting me.

Thanks for the tips re: setting goals. I feel like I have so much to lose I don't know where to start. 10% Increments seems doable. The idea that I might one day end up at 65kg seems like a million years away, smaller goals definitely have me looking at the bigger picture.

I've already gone and bought myself a set of food scales, they're life changing. I've come to realise just how much I don't know about portion sizes! haha
  • thingal12
    thingal12 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Thank you, everyone.

This really is a fantastic community and I know I will be able to do this with such a great group of people supporting me.

Thanks for the tips re: setting goals. I feel like I have so much to lose I don't know where to start. 10% Increments seems doable. The idea that I might one day end up at 65kg seems like a million years away, smaller goals definitely have me looking at the bigger picture.

I've already gone and bought myself a set of food scales, they're life changing. I've come to realise just how much I don't know about portion sizes! haha

Same here! I love my scale. I bought it about a year ago and use it even @ work (sometimes I bring it with me, it's small enough). 1oz of chips or tater tots is smaller than I ever thought!
  • bgelliott
    bgelliott Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!!! Congrats on getting started and feel free to add me and bug me any time with any questions you have. Just remember one thing, it's a long road and can be a slow process so DO NOT give up if you are having a bad day!!!!
  • NanahcubJess
    NanahcubJess Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Congrats on being so brave and taking action! You should be proud of yourself! Welcome to MFP :)
  • fmebear
    fmebear Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Take it one day at a time. If you slip up, see if you can figure out what triggered the slip. You will have good and bad days - it's okay. You are human and you are in the process of changing. You can do this.
  • Ladykills82
    Ladykills82 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You are awesome, and so brave! I was also bullied in school and have had a lifelong battle with my weight. I know exactly what you mean when you say that your body doesn't feel like it belongs to you anymore. We're all here for you!
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Congrats for making the decision to get healthy. You can do this. Take it one day at a time and if you fall down.. just brush it off and get back up.
  • KellBells3
    Options
    Number 1 you are beautiful and you should FEEL it!
    Number 2 it's okay to not have a number goal just yet.
    Number 3 set small goals along the way to build up your confidence.
    Number 4 keep at it when you feel like giving up because that's the most important time.
    Number 5 (I'd say the most important) You deserve this and you are worth it!!!!

Us MFP members are here for you to help from food ideas, resisting temptation, and exercise tips!

YOU GOT THIS GIRL!!!! :)
  • trcharon
    trcharon Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Rose you can do it... one pound at a time... how you got there doesn't matter... Where you going does! Stay with it! I sent you a friend request.
  • RobfromLakewood
    Options
    You did a brave thing by posting those feeling and your pictures, you really made yourself vulnerable and I am proud of you and impressed by you. Making yourself accountable like that is a bold, but necessary step. Going into this in such a brave fashion, I know you will be successful if you match that bravery with persistence.