100 pounds to loose? REALLY??

Options

Replies

• raystark
    raystark Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Wow, did I really type that? 100 pounds, how did I get this far out of control...sigh...a friend introduced me to this site, and I am hopeful that one day at a time I can move things in the right direction. I am a type two diabetic, have sleep apnea, and asthma along with the other aches and pains of being overweight. Okay, day one...here I go again.
    :smile:

Best wishes to you. I have taken off just over 100lbs in the past 13 months. For me, consistency with maintaining a reasonable daily calorie deficit and walking several miles daily have been key.
  • akern1987
    akern1987 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    It seems really daughting at first, I know! (I have more than 100 to lose) but just make small goals for yourself, and just live in the day to day, log your food, and stay within your calorie count and it will come off!
    I'm into week three and have lost 10lbs already!

Good luck!
  • hrmom26
    hrmom26 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    looks like we are in the same boat i have 100 pounds to loose also , its a daunting number for me anyway but i am taking it small steps my first goal is to get under 200 pounds i want to step on the scale at the doctors and not have to watch them push that thing to the 200 spot lol

i look at myself and wonder how i got here? but life has a mind of its own i guess one day i am 20 and pregnant showing off my belly and now i am looking down the barrel of 40 in a year and i am sooo not showing off my belly lmao

i like the MFP app it helps me figure out the calories and keep track i am currently doing 1325 calories a day i have only gone over by 25 so far i have not restricted my self like crazy either i just changed the amount and such like instead of chips i get the baked partridge farm ones count out the serving size etc but i get the snack you know. i ate out at olive garden got a not so healthy chicken dish but i came home did 15 minutes on the bike so i ended the day even when it comes to eating out i have found a lot of places actually tell you the calories count which is helpful like last night i went out with my sister in law she was starving and wanted to go threw McDonald's i said "um can we hit Panara bread instead?" i know they have the calories listed right on the menu so its was easier for me to find a thing to eat that was not going to kill my calorie budget for the day so far i am finding that those small type of changes make a huge difference.

i also like the way the app converts the exercise to calories for you because although i figure its not a good thing to get into habit wise but if i find myself craving a cookie or chocolate etc i just use the bike a bit more to balance myself

i am new here also if i can figure out how to friend you i will good luck!!
  • blondiethorne
    Options
    Hey,
    I also have 100lbs to lose but I wanted to tell you how Im loseing it!!! I am doing Herbalife Aand I Love it. Have you ever heard of Herbalife? It is NOT a diet program (weight watchers, Jenny Craig) It is a nutrition company who cares about the people useing Herbalife. Anyway my Health coach (who coachs me for FREE with Herbalife) has lost 40lbs with the Great nutrition. My sister has lost 40lbs and my moms coach has lost 70lbs and has kept it off for 4 years!!!!!! I am excited to tell you it is NOT impossible. and just to let you know its not just about the calories, its about GREAT nutrition!!!!
  • chocolate_barbell
    chocolate_barbell Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I am almost there and never EVER thought I would be able to lose all this weight. I like to see it as 10lbsx10lbs instead of 100lbs- smaller goals are less daunting. All I do is the 30 day shred, and eat a sensible well balanced meal with lots of protein, fiber and good fats.

You can do this! :) Good luck! :)
  • imheavenbound
    Options
    You absolutely CAN do it!!!!!

My best advice: HAVE A PLAN. Decide HOW you plan to lose the weight. You know you have to eat less and exercise more, but how will you do it? Are you going to count calories? Points? Will you be walking? Swimming? Working out at a gym?

By developing a realistic plan for success and following it you will probably not only reach your goal but be a terrific inspiration to others in the process!!!

Take it one day at a time, become your own best friend, develop a good support system, and set small, achievable goals along the way and then SHATTER THEM!!!!!

Keep going until you start to feel so good the numbers don't matter as much anymore. The pounds are just pounds - this is about YOUR LIFE!!!! Big props to you for starting a brand new life! You are worth it!!!!

P.S. My ticker shows only 25 lbs to lose but I have more. One goal at a time!!!!
  • NoleGirl0918
    NoleGirl0918 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    YOU CAN DO THIS!

This is one time that i would suggest looking at a short term goal b/c it can seem overwhelming to look at the long range. i started off with 82 pounds to lose & now i'm 66 pounds on my way. (SW: 212 lbs @ 5'2", CW: 145 lbs, GW: 130 lbs). You will honestly be AMAZED at how much better you will feel even by losing 10 pounds. Don't be discouraged if you can't join a gym or have a personal trainer - you can do exercises on your own that will help out in your weight loss journey. No, i'm not against a personal trainer or going to the gym - just saying that you can be successful without them.

i'm sending you a friend request & will try to help provide you with some encouragement along the way :flowerforyou:
  • sheshappynow
    sheshappynow Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    You can do this! I too have over a 100 pounds to lose. Well I did now that I've lost some it's less than that. Take one day at a time and log in every day. Try to get in at least 8 glasses of water a day and exercise. Add me if you want and I'll encourage you along the way:) Best of luck to you:)
  • Midnight1210
    Midnight1210 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    You can totally do this! When I started MFPal I needed to lose 89 lbs. - now I'm down 26lbs with 65ish to go.

My suggestions to you would be: Set reasonable mini-goals, keep an honest food/exercise diary (even on "bad" days), exercise as often as you can (pushing yourself a little harder every time) and surround yourself with supportive MFPals.

Just take it slow and build up as you get stronger and the weight starts to come off. Nothing happens overnight and not with effort. Just keep a positive frame of mind.

And remember, everyone trips and falls - just pick yourself up and keep going. Never quit. :bigsmile:

You and anyone else can feel free to add me. I love cheering people on and sharing in their successes.
  • ItsFinallyHappening
    Options
    Make baby goals! My goal is always to lose the next 10 lbs. I don't think about the big number at all.

Me too!
  • muttmom105
    Options
    I love the idea of sets of 10 pounds at a time, I don't know why I've never thought of it that way!!! Thanks!!
  • LitaRose77
    LitaRose77 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I am at an identical place myself. I have 150+ pounds to lose to be considered "health". I look at that & cringe. I've struggled all my life with my weight & as you can tell, have been a member on this site for a bit. I get motivated, fall off the wagon & hop on another one down the line.

I work in a two story builing that naturally has stairs, but also elevators & escalators. After being in this building for over a year, I forced myself to stop being lazy & taking the escalators to using the stairs primarily. Until recently, heading up was a chore, but there are days now that I can jog up them without feeling like I need a medic on standby with an oxygen tank! Let me tell you, that is a great feeling!

In short, it will get easier. You can do it!

(I've sent a friend request to you, so we can keep each other motivated)
  • paulaspoole
    paulaspoole Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am starting week three of my lifestyle journey....losing OVER 100 lbs. I have attempted it before, but something feels real this time. I am asking for help and friends on the same life long journey I have started. I am doing mini goals. I bought a pair of jeans one size down and my 2nd goal is to get in them. My 1st goal was to be able to sleep in my wedding rings with out the circulation being cut off. Baby steps this time and a strong network of support is going to bring us success!
  • LilRiver
    LilRiver Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Really!

And it is totally doable! Really!

I started with MFP on Feb 10, 2012. It's been almost a year now and I've lost 93 pounds as of this morning. So close to 100 that I can smell it!

My trick? Dedication.

There are times when I'm totally motivated and times when I'm totally not motivated, but I am *dedicated* to losing this weight. I lost my dedication a bit this fall and then played the "I'm going into maintenance mode for the holidays..." game. But, pretty much, for 9-10 months of the last year I have been completely dedicated to losing the weight.

I also move a lot more than I did and wear a pedometer every day. It took me 6 weeks to get to 10,000 steps, but I did it. Moving has been key. Mostly because moving more means eating more ;)
  • Hippie_Soul
    Hippie_Soul Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    This thread has actually been very inspirational for me, so thank you everyone and OP!

OP - I have been on here for a year now, played around, worked hard, stopped eating healthy, had ups and downs in my life, but I HAVE seen amazing transformations on this site! That dedication word...it really works!!

Feel free to add me....we could always use more support!!!
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    You can do this. You really really can. One think we tend to forget as 'large' people is how darned strong we have to be just to live life normally.

All you need to do is make small changes, a bit at a time. And don't worry if you're not perfect, just aim for doing better and better. If you can handle a big rush of changes, go for it. I couldn't. I had to accept that losing a lot of weight is going to take a long time. Longer for me than for you, I've no doubt, since when I started I had double to lose.

I'm doing it. So can you.

You're welcome to friend me, if you like.
  • PlainOldElizaJane
    Options
    I'm in the same boat, and it feels impossible some times! Please, any and all feel free to add me!
  • olores
    olores Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    One bite at a time!! YOU can do this! We're here for support....joining in is the first step!!!
  • pamgirl1
    Options
    I just started today. I have about 90 pounds to lose. I'm happy with how easy it is to track food with this site. Would love to be your "weight-loss-get-healthy-buddy"!:smile:
  • lyricalcandy1903
    Options
    It can be done! I know it can be done because I have done it, and I still have some pounds to go. Like everyone is saying you have to take it one step at a time you can't look at "100 lbs". This site is a great tool. Just start making healthy food choices and working in physical activity on a daily basis. You don't have to start out with anything drastic ... The first 40-50 lbs I lost all i really did for exercise was walking, and it worked. Do whatever you can do until it becomes too easy and then kick it up a notch. You CAN do this! Not overnight mind you ... it took me about 2.5 years. And every day won't be perfect. I would have reached the 100 lb lost mark last year but I had a major setback ... but once you know the kinds of good choices to make, it is easy to get back on track, and I was able to lose what I had gained back and then some! DO NOT beat yourself up ... that negative self talk will undermine you every time!