Popular shows you don't like

Options

Replies

• Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    I don't know if this counts as popular shows... but I can't freakin stand "The Office" .
    These are older shows, but hate "Friends" and "Seinfeld".
  • Erin_goBrahScience
    Erin_goBrahScience Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    You know what's terrible?

All these shows are still on tv

FIREFLY GOT ONE. DAMN. SEASON.

Hot damn I knew there was a reason we were friends. I am a Whedon fan girl.

All good people are.

I love the way he rips your heart out by killing your favourite characters

I believe the official term for that is Whedoning or being Whedoned
  • leodru
    leodru Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I hate the comedies with the background laughing tracks - if its not funny then its not funny - most of them arent funny. Anything with an X-friends star in it like Cougar Town, whatever Matthew Perry is in etc.

Love the Walking Dead and Breaking Bad.... it is hard not to find Honey Boo Boo funny - its piggery but if you saw one episode you've seen em all - i saw 2 maybe.

Dancing with the Stars is aweful. The Kardashians, the Bachelor shows are brutal. Lots of reality is crappy with a few exceptions.

My teenagers occassionally watch the Family Channel - Disney channel equivilant i think - all those Disney comedies actually make me leave the room. Unfunny and over acted.... but then it is for kids not for me.

I dont get How i Met Your MOther - i dont hate it but i dont get it or watch it..... seems very overrated.
  • thnksfrthmmrs
    thnksfrthmmrs Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    The Only way is essex
    The Simpsons
    Downton Abbey
    Jersey/Geordie Shore

And pretty much all american shows. With an exception of Friends, Big Bang Theory, 2 & a half men & Family Guy.
  • Chibea
    Chibea Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Biggest Loser, the ones where there are lots of women and one man and he had to choose his true love:sick: and the other one where there are lots of men and one woman. American Idol...I guess any of the so horribly fake competitions. The Tyra Banks model one, too. Sorry, don't know the names, but I did watch them once.
  • jeckalynne
    Options
    i LOVE the big bang theory and i AM a nerd. i actually read comic books and dig school (not math though).

i LOVE joss whedon too! i just took my 9yr old son to the dallas comic con to meet alan tudyk & gina torres since i've molded that kid well. he also got to meet felicia day (he LOVES dr.horrible).
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    I hate the comedies with the background laughing tracks - if its not funny then its not funny - most of them arent funny. Anything with an X-friends star in it like Cougar Town, whatever Matthew Perry is in etc.

Love the Walking Dead and Breaking Bad.... it is hard not to find Honey Boo Boo funny - its piggery but if you saw one episode you've seen em all - i saw 2 maybe.

Dancing with the Stars is aweful. The Kardashians, the Bachelor shows are brutal. Lots of reality is crappy with a few exceptions.

My teenagers occassionally watch the Family Channel - Disney channel equivilant i think - all those Disney comedies actually make me leave the room. Unfunny and over acted.... but then it is for kids not for me.

I dont get How i Met Your MOther - i dont hate it but i dont get it or watch it..... seems very overrated.

FTR, Family channel (and ABC) are owned by Disney.
  • Froggy1976
    Options
    To each of you who said,

Breaking Bad

YOU ARE ALL WRONG.

Clearly, you guys need counseling or therapy or a brain transplant! LOLOL Because BrBa is the BEST TV SHOW EVAR
    ^This. Love Breaking Bad. Can't wait for the next season.
    Will agree with Family Guy and Two and a Half Men being just awful.
  • heypurdy
    heypurdy Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Big Bang Theory
    How I Met Your Mother

I don't find them funny at all! Even though I love Jason Segel!
  • heypurdy
    heypurdy Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I don't know if this counts as popular shows... but I can't freakin stand "The Office" .

Wow these are classics! haha I'm surprised you don't like them. The Office does suck now but it used to be so funny.
  • thnksfrthmmrs
    thnksfrthmmrs Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Whats so wrong with the Big Bang Theory?

I find a lot of my friends dont like it - and then i realised its because they dont understand the humour
  • rabbit__food
    rabbit__food Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Glee, Breaking Bad, The Office
  • creech6317
    creech6317 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    American Idol - can't stand the show or the hosts (except Keith Urban)
    All the other singing talent shows
    Any of the reality shows (honey boo, storage wars, jersy, hosewives of whatever town, all of them suck)
    Rachel Ray - her voice makes me want to choke someone.
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Mad Men, Family Guy, Two and a Half Men, How I Met Your Mother...

At first I didn't like Walking Dead, then I got really into it. Loved Breaking Bad from the first moment!
  • lovelyMYlovely
    lovelyMYlovely Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    dont like breaking bad.....
    dont like the bachelor and bachelorette EW
  • lovelyMYlovely
    lovelyMYlovely Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    oh ya and american idol!!!!! i only liked it with simon now i watch x factor...
    i used to LOVE pretty litle liars but omg it gets soooo boring because we never find out who A is!!

also i LOVED drop dead diva but i just found out they are canceling it!!!!!!!!! omg!!! noooo
  • devastation77
    Options

How did the "Friends" afford the places they lived in? lol I don't get it.
  • sedwards9999
    sedwards9999 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I have a real dislike for watching 'high-continuity' (HC) shows and not catching them at the beginning. It's a bit of a Catch-22:

I agree. That's what Netflix is for.
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I don't get It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. It's just not funny to me. When I had TV at my work for a little bit I always left it on the comedy channel which would be my favorite channel, but it always seemed to be on IASP or 30 Rock, another not funny show.

Again, I don't find Two and a Half Men to be funny. I do like most crude humor (Family Guy, The League, South Park, etc) so you would think it would be right up my alley, but something about it makes me angry. I can't put my finger on it. Can't stand that show.

you would also think I'd like The Simpsons and Futurama but they just don't do it for me.

Also tried to get into The Tudors. Lasted two episodes. True Blood is terrible.
  • Crystaleyed
    Crystaleyed Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Docotr Who.
    I used to be really into it while Russel T Davis was writing but then they changed the head writer and I just couldn't get into it anymore.