Replies

• reese307
    reese307 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    LOL MINE TOO!!
  • alschultz33
    alschultz33 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I also had to get my ring resized haha, just got it back actually.

I'm also ALWAYS cold! I used to hate being hot, it drove me crazy. While I still do, I find I hate being cold even more now (especially in current 25 degree MD weather, ugh)
  • melbogg
    melbogg Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    My boobies are gone :sad:

mine too, so depressing
  • jnj1013
    jnj1013 Posts: 27
    Options
    I can't just go shopping for clothes anymore, I have to order most of my clothes online because there are no smaller sizes carried.

It's definitely a first world problem, but would it kill a retailer to have some size 2 pants in stock!

It's mostly annoying because now that I am smaller, I thought shopping would be fun but it's just annoying :-)

I agree with this too. I used to wear a size 10 and had no problem buying jeans in dept. stores or at Costco. Now I'm a size 0 and have to order mostly online. I've tried shopping in the juniors department but all the jeans have massive butt bling and I'm a 41 year old woman. I don't need bling on my butt, thank you.

I will say that Old Navy is great because they actually carry size 0 and it fits me well. I wish more retailers would follow suit.

I love that you brought up the butt bling - every time I see a female over the age of 16 with rhinestones on her butt I want to pull her to the side and give her a good talking too!
  • louiselebeau
    louiselebeau Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I can't just go shopping for clothes anymore, I have to order most of my clothes online because there are no smaller sizes carried.

It's definitely a first world problem, but would it kill a retailer to have some size 2 pants in stock!

It's mostly annoying because now that I am smaller, I thought shopping would be fun but it's just annoying :-)

I agree with this too. I used to wear a size 10 and had no problem buying jeans in dept. stores or at Costco. Now I'm a size 0 and have to order mostly online. I've tried shopping in the juniors department but all the jeans have massive butt bling and I'm a 41 year old woman. I don't need bling on my butt, thank you.

I will say that Old Navy is great because they actually carry size 0 and it fits me well. I wish more retailers would follow suit.

I love that you brought up the butt bling - every time I see a female over the age of 16 with rhinestones on her butt I want to pull her to the side and give her a good talking too!

Do NOT come to east Texas... EVERYONE has butt bling. Men are not excluded, it is getting scary out here.
  • ze_hombre
    ze_hombre Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I have heard of this before, but I think you have to be dramatically deficient for it to affect you. Regardless, I have an appointment with my doctor next week anyways to get tested (time for the cholesterol check, anyways).
  • ashlysnd
    ashlysnd Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    How bout being able to cross your legs comfortably or wrapping a regular size towel around you and nothing is showing! Those are mini milestones that most women (or men) could appreciate! :drinker:
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    For sure ring size....lost mine in the woods deer hunting this past fall. one borrowed metal detector and 3 hours later....found it. (lucky for me I had an idea of where it fell off)
  • ze_hombre
    Options
    Butt bling...my eyes must be going. I read that all wrong.
  • ze_hombre
    Options
    I forgot about this! I can cross my legs when sitting now and its comfortable. I have never been able to do that.
  • painauxraisin
    painauxraisin Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    bump
  • funkycamper
    funkycamper Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    I'm a freak of nature, I think. Cold bothers me much less now than it used to. I never thought I'd go running when it was 11F outside.

Me, too! I think it's due to improved circulation and muscles that might more active even when at rest (EPOC?) due to exercise (lifting and cardio both). I'm less cold now then when I was 60# heavier.
  • babylemonade
    babylemonade Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Since losing weight, I’ve noticed a number of changes that had never even occurred to me may happen:
    Rather than buy new jeans like I’d hoped, the first thing I had to change was my ring size. :laugh:

Anyone else noticed anything you weren’t expecting?

Same here. What sucked for me is that I was wearing a tungsten ring so I had to have my fiance buy me a new ring because you can't resize that.

Before I gained some weight back I also noticed less boob and that made me sad.. lol
  • wendybird5
    wendybird5 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    My shoe size went down. Nice to be a half size smaller because now I have more cute options!
  • RenfieldX
    RenfieldX Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    My boobies are gone :sad:

Me too, but since I'm a guy that's a good thing :bigsmile:

I have noticed lately that sitting for long periods of time now is uncomfortable. I guess that I got used to all of the extra padding. Sitting through an entire movie was very uncomfortable the last time that I went. Maybe I just need to find a theatre with better seats...
  • PrimalSiren
    Options
    Since losing weight, I’ve noticed a number of changes that had never even occurred to me may happen:

Sleep is much less disturbed and I find I have a full 7-8 hours now rather than repeatedly waking up.
    I used to be ill all the time – now in the unlikely event that I do catch a cold, I’m over it in a day or two.
    If I eat a take-away, I can now taste the fat and grease in things I used to eat all the time without noticing. It’s horrible. (most of the time :laugh:)
    I’m cold. ALL the time.
    My body can’t handle binges any more. I used to be a compulsive binger, and now on the odd occasion I slip up, I get AWFUL stomach pains only an hour later.
    Rather than buy new jeans like I’d hoped, the first thing I had to change was my ring size. :laugh:

I'm just going to add that the "fat and grease" you're tasting is most likely pufas like vegetable oil, canola oil, soybean oil etc. Saturated fat and other healthy fats don't leave that nasty rancid icky taste in your mouth like frakenfats do.
  • MrsG2
    MrsG2 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    You actually have a jaw line!

I'm looking forward to this one!
  • matchbox_girl
    matchbox_girl Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I've noticed that on the days when I exercise, I'm not nearly as hungry as the days I don't. Can't make up my mind if it's the distraction of the workout (I'm someone who goes to the kitchen when bored) or if there's a physical reason for this. Does anybody know?

I'm the same way. My appetite goes away after working out.
  • enewsome2
    enewsome2 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    When you've spent most of your life being the overweight wallflower, it's hard to adjust to suddenly being noticed. That sounds so depressing but it's true lol Customers that I've waited on for a year are suddenly flirting with me, the guy in Starbucks is suddenly flirting with me....it's weird lol Honestly, I'm uncomfortable with the attention and sometimes I wish they didn't see me again...is that weird? lol

nah, not weird. Last time I was really fit & thin, the attention was constant and honestly it made me feel worse in some ways, that people were only talking to me cause I looked good. At least when you're overweight you have a better chance of knowing people like you for who you actually are and not your appearance. Of course the benefits far outweigh that mixed-blessing kind of stuff though.

^^this.

It has been amazing to me how differently I get treated now. And I've only lost 16 lbs.

I work in a hospital and lots of gross old men are always hitting on me now, and my coworkers make fun of me... lol.

Also, I am very, very cold.

On a positive note, everyone says I just look "healthier" and "happier". :)
  • binknbaby
    binknbaby Posts: 207 Member
    Options

Sleep is much less disturbed and I find I have a full 7-8 hours now rather than repeatedly waking up.
    I used to be ill all the time – now in the unlikely event that I do catch a cold, I’m over it in a day or two.
    If I eat a take-away, I can now taste the fat and grease in things I used to eat all the time without noticing. It’s horrible. (most of the time :laugh:)
    I’m cold. ALL the time.
    My body can’t handle binges any more. I used to be a compulsive binger, and now on the odd occasion I slip up, I get AWFUL stomach pains only an hour later.

Yes!!! I haven't even read the responses yet, but I had to jump in and quote you on this because I swear I was thinking of writing a post almost exactly like this.

Since changing it up (eating better, moving more), I've had better sleep, but also--oddly--my dreams have been more vivid. I don't know what that's all about. Maybe because I'm getting deeper sleep--more REM??

And I haven't worn my ring in almost two years because it falls off. Why haven't I resized it? Well, other than being cheap, I do plan on having more kids, so I figure I can wear my ring when I swell with pregnancy. LOL And I want to wait until I'm really "done" with my main goals before I get it resized... and then have to do it again 6 months later.

And agreed about the not being able to handle binges. I used to eat much larger portions. I just can't do it anymore, even when I give myself permission. It hurts!