The P90X Fat Man

Options
1235»

Replies

• swashburn3
    swashburn3 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement everyone!

Just taking it easy today. I did XStretch a little while ago and it felt really good! I was able to do almost all of the stretches. I found a trick to help me get into the Kenpo Quad stretch using a yoga block. So the only stretch I couldn't do was the two-legged seated hamstring stretch, because my belly is in the way. Well, I still can't do the shoulder stand and plough.

XStretch is such a relaxing experience now.

Back at things tomorrow with CardioX! Only three more days and I'm finished with Phase 1!!!
  • babyblooz
    babyblooz Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Wow, man. I am truly impressed! Those workouts are super intense, and YOU ARE DOING THEM! Great job! :happy:
  • dsimmons107
    dsimmons107 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Well I started with P90X and cycled through it 3 times. Then went to P90X2 and from there to Insanity. I am currently doing Les Mills Combat and P90X2 at the same time. That was 72 pounds ago. Time and patience. It was very hard in the beginning and I spent a lot of time on the floor just watching the dvd. It has certainly been worth it. Keep it up. You can add me if you like I am here every day.
  • murdie
    murdie Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!!!! You can do it! I've lost over 150 pounds in the last year and a half and I started much like you are...do the best you can each day and you will get better and you will feel amazing!!!
  • HollyMomma1
    HollyMomma1 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Good job! Hang in there with Tony and Yoga X. I hate that workout so much, but I just tough it out until the clock on the screen reads 42 minutes left and then it's "easy" from there.
  • MommaFuhrer
    MommaFuhrer Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Love reading this! Way to go! :happy:
  • harlychic
    Options
    Keep posting. I read your post every day to see what you have done and your aaccomplishments. Keep it up, you can do this :smile:
  • Thinspirational_Me
    Options
    Great story, you are doing a really good job, keep it up. I too am on the heavy side (was 277lbs, now at 258lbs, target 210lbs) and am doing Insanity, so I understand what you are going through.

Absolutely right, diet is key, and it doesn't have to be "a diet". I am eating right for the first time in my life and I never feel hungry. Fruit, vegetables, no sugar, no bad carbs, and the weight is just falling away.

Keep posting, let us all know how you are getting on.
  • swashburn3
    Options
    Thanks again for the encouragement, everyone!

Today was a great session of CardioX!

It started out kind of shaky though. I'm not sure why, but my Yoga was pretty weak today. Floundering on my vinyasas and having trouble balancing even in the simple warrior poses. Oh well, I'm not going to let that shake me.

I'm still pausing at the end of the exercises, but on the upper body routines I can now make it through both sides before my HRM kicks in! The steam engines at the end are pretty brutal. I chugged along at a steady rate and I was just able to make it to the end of that routine.

So, overall, I'm very happy with the session. And I FEEL GREAT!

YogaX is tomorrow, so I get another chance at rockin' those yoga poses. Two more days until Phase 2!!
  • swashburn3
    Options
    Whew! YogaX kicked my BUTT today. Is this muscle confusion? Today it seemed everything was tight, off balance, and insanely on fire!

I kept at it though and finished the video, but missed a bunch. About halfway through the moving section I decided to just do vinyasas because I was struggling so bad.

I missed all the one legged movements, I fell out of nearly all of the balance poses at least once, and I could only get into a few of the easier stretches.

Man..

I also slipped out of royal dancer and tweaked something in my right shoulder blade. It's been a pretty disappointing. Sigh.

I still feel pretty good, and I'm glad I pushed through it.

Here's to XStretch tomorrow! Just one more day until Phase 2 starts!
  • learning2fly4
    learning2fly4 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Sorry you had a rough day. We all do sometimes.

Keep pushing yourself!!
  • _SASX_
    _SASX_ Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Swash, I'd say you're right. Muscle confusion is happening. Your body is trying too make sense of everything that you are doing, and you keep changing it up so it can't become complacent. So your muscles are recovering from your previous workouts and they still are probably carrying lactic acid in them. That would be the achy muscle soreness. DOMS = delayed onset muscle soreness. Which, in my experience, can cause balancing issues, especially when using the quads. Your legs are tired, then you tell them you are going to balance on them and try and go inverted into a half moon? my legs just laugh at me (still). I do those close to a table, so I can throw out a hand for balance if/when my legs try to gigglesnork when I try those moves.

but man, I love the feeling of DOMS. as much as it hurts. I know I've done some good work on my body. It tells me that i've broken down more muscle, and that builds even more muscle, which in turn burns more calories when I'm at rest.

I do hope that your shoulder feels better soon.
    I'm doing my cardio tomorrow (day 6, as I had to flip my rest day to today-son's hockey tournament) not sure if it will be kenpo or another kickboxing dvd that i'll use....

have a good rest/stretch day tomorrow!
  • justfoxxy
    justfoxxy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Good for you. I remember starting P90x. My biggest concern was getting through the hour long workouts, but Tony does a good job of keeping you motivated with his cheesy comments. :laugh:

I also recall that the toughest workout was Yoga X. Who knew?

Keep up the great work!
  • swashburn3
    Options
    Thanks for the info SASX and thanks to all for the encouragement! :)
  • swashburn3
    Options
    I just finished XStretch. And that means... I JUST FINISHED PHASE 1 OF P90X!!! WOO HOO!!!

Also the stretching helped my shoulder. I woke up with it still painful but the shoulder stretches worked it all out! :)

I can't wait to get going on Phase 2 tomorrow!! I think I might start a new thread for phase 2 since this one is getting kind of long.
  • lumox1212
    lumox1212 Posts: 152
    Options
    congrats. well done
  • vegas711
    vegas711 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Big Congrats! Now comes the fum part :-) Bring it!
  • harlychic
    Options
    Good job.... watch out Phase 2 here you come :)
  • swashburn3
    Options
  • swashburn3
    Options
    I started Phase 3!! Check out my new progress thread here!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/905162-p90x-fat-man-phase-3