How often do you weigh yourself and why?

Options
12346»

Replies

• Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    At least once a week but sometimes several times a day... I don't sweat it, I KNOW that gains and losses during the day are just fluctuation of fluid. Yes I have been known to weigh myself before and after doing my business just to see how much it weighed... (surprising little I might add)

I actually gain 5-7+ pounds between ovulation and the start of my period... when my weight starts to drop rapidly.. I know AF is on her way

I only record my weight when I see a new "low weight" on the scale. When I see a weight I've never seen before, I record it as my weight. When I gain a few pounds back and I know they're just fluid, I don't adjust my weight, I just wait for it to go back down. I only adjust my weight for gains if I know it was because I fell off the wagon for a couple of weeks.
  • terijoestoes
    terijoestoes Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Morning and night. I never fluctuate by more than 2lbs. Everyday day afterday. Really keepsme motivated
  • runningonmargaritas
    Options
    Once or twice a month. The number on the scale isn't as important to me as the way my clothes fit and how I feel. When I weighed in weekly I would beat myself up if my weight didn't go down and sometimes I would use it as an excuse to get off track.
  • krisiepoo
    krisiepoo Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    whenever I feel like, usually once a week. If I've been busting *kitten* in the gym and my eating has been spot on sometimes more than that. Someteimes every couple weeks because that number doesn't tell me how I'm feeling, how my clothes are fitting and how many inches I'm losing :)
  • MyPsalm63
    MyPsalm63 Posts: 303
    Options
    Every 2 wks on Monday mornings.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    About once a month. Anything more feels a bit frenetic to me. :smile:

While I was losing weight, I liked the monthly weigh-ins because I always saw big number/big changes over a month's time. Now that I'm on maintenance, monthly is enough to track general trends. Whereas, if I weighed more often, I think I would see fluctuations rather than the big picture trends.
  • keepsakesbyconny
    keepsakesbyconny Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I only weigh myself once a month, AND I take measurements once a month. That way I don't feel like I'm failing at my new changes if the scales not reflecting all the changes of my body. For me it's better that I focus on the inches lost right now than the pounds.
  • Bunnycub
    Options
    i weigh myself every morning, same time same circumstances etc. I have a spreadsheet graph that i add the number to. I dont worry about the daily number itself, i'm more interested in the overall graph i've created. If the trend is downward, im' happy, regardless of fluctuations. After months and months of data, i have a pretty cool graph going on.

This is exactly what I do (every morning, same circumstances then graph it)...I really only look at the graph every other week or so, and I too focus on the overall trend of the graph. As long as it is trending down I'm happy. If there is a major spike in the graph, I can go back to that particular day to see what I did or didn't do or what I ate that may have casued my weight to spike that day. Just what what works for me!
  • DaveHuby
    DaveHuby Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I weigh Friday, Monday and Wednesday

Friday for the record.
    Monday for the weekend damage assessment and to approach the week with a target.
    Wednesday for a progress check.

Always first thing in the morning, after bathroom, before coffee, butt naked! Oh and beard trim and shave on Sunday night! Every little helps.
  • RepsnSets
    RepsnSets Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Every Friday in the morning.
  • Athena53
    Athena53 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Rarely. I get crazed over day-to-day fluctuations and go more by how my clothes fit. I waited a few weeks after Christmas to weigh myself because I over-indulged a little. I had a happy surprise a couple of days ago when I did step on the scale- a few lbs. less than before Christmas. Works for me.
  • downinaggieland98
    downinaggieland98 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I can't imagine weighing in daily.. That would be too hectic and nerve racking for me considering weight can fluctuate so much each day for so many different reasons. I rather not stress.. Stress is bad. lol

This.
  • rnprincess
    rnprincess Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Twice a week. Sunday and Wednesday. This month I started adding weighing on the 18th, because I recomitted on December 18th. I set monthly goals for myself and the monthly weigh-in sees the longer term picture since I have a good deal of weight to lose.
  • Zoiiya
    Zoiiya Posts: 9
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning . Seeing the numbers on the scale decrease makes me feel like I'm actually on the right path .