this happened to me at the gym this morning!

Options

Replies

• fitzgerald29
    Options
    That's amazing. It's rare to find christians now a days who are so open to pray in public, that must have been an awesome experience! <3
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    There is nothing more motivating than this: the 75 year old man RUNNING at a 7.5 speed and a 6.0 incline next to me. As we both got off the treadmill at the same time he asked if he could speak with me and pulled out his wallet. We sat down at a table as he showed me a picture of him and his granddaughter 5 years ago, her about my age then, he 767 pounds and her 398. With tears running down his face he showed me another picture of him walking her down the aisle 2 months ago. He is now 215 and she is 150. With more tears he says"I dont even know you but you remind me of my granddaughter, and I couldnt miss walking her down the aisle because I was killing myself slowly and didnt even realize it." I was wearing my cross and fish necklace so he asked if he minded if he prayed woth me. For 10 minutes we sat holding hands in the gym praying for the life I have ahead of me. As we were both wiping tears from our face, he told me to just keep going and when i dont want to, to remember him.This is a man I will NEVER forget.

You're making me cry !
  • sarahertzberger
    sarahertzberger Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    that is absolutely amazing what a blessing!!!
  • sarahertzberger
    Options
    That's amazing. It's rare to find christians now a days who are so open to pray in public, that must have been an awesome experience! <3

So sad but true.
  • sarahertzberger
    Options
    SO Good! This is proof that God is everywhere even when we least expect it. Jesus loves each and every person in this world! PLEASE believe that!
    Amen
  • babeinthemoon
    babeinthemoon Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Tears. I just have tears. How beautiful!
  • BrotherBill913
    BrotherBill913 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    There is nothing more motivating than this: the 75 year old man RUNNING at a 7.5 speed and a 6.0 incline next to me. As we both got off the treadmill at the same time he asked if he could speak with me and pulled out his wallet. We sat down at a table as he showed me a picture of him and his granddaughter 5 years ago, her about my age then, he 767 pounds and her 398. With tears running down his face he showed me another picture of him walking her down the aisle 2 months ago. He is now 215 and she is 150. With more tears he says"I dont even know you but you remind me of my granddaughter, and I couldnt miss walking her down the aisle because I was killing myself slowly and didnt even realize it." I was wearing my cross and fish necklace so he asked if he minded if he prayed woth me. For 10 minutes we sat holding hands in the gym praying for the life I have ahead of me. As we were both wiping tears from our face, he told me to just keep going and when i dont want to, to remember him.This is a man I will NEVER forget.

As a man who walks in Faith I pray with ppl all the time. Some have been complete strangers. Your story, this story here, moved me. Thank You for sharing, and I hope many will read it, and carry it on...... You've been blessed..........
  • candykoated
    candykoated Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    My goodness!!! How great God is!!! This is such an awesome encounter! I'm sure, as you said, you'll never forget this man or these few minutes you spent praying and talking with him. This story was right on time for me. Thank you for sharing it with us.
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    WHOA! Thanks for sharing! :flowerforyou:
    Now get back to that gym and get that guy on MFP right NOW... so I can friend him! "I wanna party with THAT guy!"
  • shannypoo21
    Options
    A very touching and inspiring story. Thank you for sharing this! God Bless!
  • long4theocean
    long4theocean Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for sharing your special story. I am sure that he has changed your life forever. What a special man.
  • MandaJean83
    MandaJean83 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    What a beautiful and poignant story. Thank you so much for sharing. Just goes to show that certain people pass through our lives for good reason! :)
  • fatyoga
    fatyoga Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Wow! What a blessing.
  • aggiejk94
    aggiejk94 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    That was wonderful! I pray that is such an encouragement to you to never give up! Sounds like a divine appt. for you. :)
  • FutureSkinnyMama03
    FutureSkinnyMama03 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Wow. That is so encouraging!
  • emilypink573
    emilypink573 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    wow thanks for sharing!
  • JessinOnderland
    JessinOnderland Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    This is such a fantastic story; I really needed to hear this as I head off to the gym this evening. God bless.
  • himilayaneyes
    himilayaneyes Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing.
  • fusion777
    fusion777 Posts: 197
    Options
    I got chills reading that. Thank you for sharing. What an inspiration he is.
  • NeverGoingToQuit
    NeverGoingToQuit Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful and helpful story. It is what I needed to hear right at this moment to help me keep going!