Popular shows you don't like

Options
15678911»

Replies

• Init_to_winit
    Init_to_winit Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Whats so wrong with the Big Bang Theory?

I find a lot of my friends dont like it - and then i realised its because they dont understand the humour

This right here is exactly why I don't like Big Bang Theory. I totally understand the humor. I totally get their references I realize what they are "joking" about. But it's just not funny. I feel like people like that show and say they think it's funny just because they think that it makes them look intelligent.

ETA: It's not that I'm saying that's what you are doing, just people in general. I realize that came off a little aggressive!
  • Drop_it_Like_Its_Hawt
    Options
    The Big Bang. My sis-in-law loves it, and doesn't get why my husband and I don't becasue "You're geeks, right? It's a show about geeks!" Yeah, it is - but it makes FUN of geeks more often than not, and we're more of a "laughing with you" mentality than a "laughing at you" type.

Oh, and any given Bachelor/Bachelorette style dating show - because I take marriage pretty seriously, and that show treats it like - well, a game. Or an outlet mall for skanks. Either way, it's annoying.
  • devastation77
    Options
    If anybody wants to see some on point adult cartoon comedy, check out Duckman, from the 1990s.

It was truly waaaaay ahead of it's time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOuUk1kkplY
  • Kellbellftw
    Kellbellftw Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    The Big Bang Theory. That show fills me with rage I hate it so much. As a nerd, I feel like it satire's us and does a horrible job at showing people what the nerd community is actually like. I wish that show would die!

Eh, if you can't laugh at yourself, what fun is life?

Big Bang Theory gives us perspective and lets us not take ourselves too seriously; Community lets us be ourselves. To me, they’re almost two halves of the same coin.

Oh, I can laugh at myself. BBT just is not funny. It tries too hard to be funny.
  • saintspoon
    saintspoon Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    If anybody wants to see some on point adult cartoon comedy, check out Duckman, from the 1990s.

It was truly waaaaay ahead of it's time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOuUk1kkplY

OMG!!! DUCKMAN! :love: awe you've given me back a lil' bit of my childhood today :) & yes I was a child/pre-teen when this was on!
  • saintspoon
    saintspoon Posts: 242 Member
    Options

I find a lot of my friends dont like it - and then i realised its because they dont understand the humour

This right here is exactly why I don't like Big Bang Theory. I totally understand the humor. I totally get their references I realize what they are "joking" about. But it's just not funny. I feel like people like that show and say they think it's funny just because they think that it makes them look intelligent.

ETA: It's not that I'm saying that's what you are doing, just people in general. I realize that came off a little aggressive!

I approve this message! :drinker:
  • stepherzzzzz
    stepherzzzzz Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    The Big Bang Theory
    Grey's Anatomy
    Two and a Half Men
    American Idol
    The Amazing Race
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette
    Breaking Bad
    How I Met Your Mother
  • stepherzzzzz
    stepherzzzzz Posts: 469 Member
    Options

100% agree. I understand the so-called humor just fine, I just think it's stupid. Just because the main characters are smart doesn't mean the show is.
  • HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I have NEVER liked Seinfeld.
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    The Big Bang Theory. That show fills me with rage I hate it so much. As a nerd, I feel like it satire's us and does a horrible job at showing people what the nerd community is actually like. I wish that show would die!

Eh, if you can't laugh at yourself, what fun is life?

Big Bang Theory gives us perspective and lets us not take ourselves too seriously; Community lets us be ourselves. To me, they’re almost two halves of the same coin.

Oh, I can laugh at myself. BBT just is not funny. It tries too hard to be funny.

Mmhm, ok.
  • tripitena
    tripitena Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Mad Men
    2 1/2 Men
    Glee

And pretty much all the alleged reality shows going (OpRepo, GoldRush,Hammy Boo Boo,etc)
    Ihave to admit I havent watche dan awful lot of what is popular for sometime. Lots of shows never even get a watch because the ad trailers either dont catch my attention or they play them so much I'm sick of it before the show even premieres.
  • Alma237
    Alma237 Posts: 12
    Options
    Big Bang Theory
    Here comes Honey Boo-boo
    Glee
  • yeah_im_that_girl_
    Options
    Honey Boo Boo is the most awful thing I have ever heard/watched. Only about 15 seconds of the white trash was enough for me. Any of those "Housewives of" shows. Cougar Town...really?
    I can assure you not everyone in Georgia (or the South in General) is like that :) I live in the south and hate that show because it makes us look like illiterate idiots. No, not true. Most in Georgia aren't like that. :) there are a few though that are like that.
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    Smash
    Bones
    Castle
    Glee
    Greys Anatomy
  • m8605
    m8605 Posts: 102
    Options
    Big Bang Theory
    30 Rock
    The Office
    The Daily Show
    The Colbert Report
    Tosh .0
    Parks & Rec
    Family Guy
    Pawn Stars

I used to like BBT a lot but then after the wedding everything just seemed to be reused/forced in the scripts. Same with The Office.. Shows just don't seem to be fun anymore when you figure out the formula to them.
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    Breaking Bad
    Parks and Recreation
    30 Rock
    Glee
    Two and a Half Men
    Family Guy
    Simpsons
    Seinfeld
    South Park

ANY Reality Show.... :grumble:

I know there are more shows, I just can't think of them right now.
  • move257
    move257 Posts: 313
    Options
    HATE HATEEEEE!!!! The walking dead!! I don't get it. It's so stupid and boring!! It' drags!!!! GRRR. Rant over! :D
  • move257
    move257 Posts: 313
    Options
    I have NEVER liked Seinfeld.

How dare you?!! Move out of America you Nazi!!! HAHA!!!! :P I kid of course but come on! Seinfeld is the best EVER!! :D:D:D:D
  • FGVC1188
    FGVC1188 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Any involving Zombies, Vampires, etc. So stupid.
  • flatblade
    flatblade Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    American Idol, the current Office, Biggest Loser, Bachelor, Dancing with the Stars.