Things they never tell you about weight loss

Options

Replies

• GrannySparkle
    GrannySparkle Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Lets see...I have noticed them all!! I lost my wedding band last week. Luckily I found it this week!! Its on a chain now. I am cold ALL the time. And skin sag...YUCK!
  • MissDarlaDoll12
    MissDarlaDoll12 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    When my belly is gone and I lay on my side, I have no place to rest my arm. It used to lie comfortably on my belly, now I have to put my arm directly on my side kinda parallel with my hip. I could cross my legs at my knees or above. One has to learn how to reposition their selves in all places and yes, the lack of backside makes some chairs uncomfortable. High heels are easier.
  • MissDarlaDoll12
    MissDarlaDoll12 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    1. I was never cold before, and now I wear a sweater/jacket all of the time, and/or have a little heater going.
    2. My behind gets very sore if I sit to long.
    3. My feet have been shrinking, my dress shoes periodically come off.
    4. My clothes got too big, I lost my skirt at church once, fortunately I was the only one in the area, but still.....
    5. Friends have now decided to try and set me up with random guys.

lol this reminded me of when I was in high school and had lost weight, I was in gym class and had gym shorts with sturdy elastic waist, except I was wearing old too big underwear underneath. We were running and my underwear slid down and hung out the bottom of the shorts. I could of died of embarrassment...it was hilarious(now).
  • kcorby65
    kcorby65 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am really hoping my wedding rings will fit me again :) About a year ago I had to go on mega doses of steroids because of medical condition.., & HAVVE GAINED MORE WEIGHT THAN wanted toooo ! I am starting to taper down now... & trying to zumba & count calories...
  • diggswood
    diggswood Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I have lost 32 pounds and I have 10 more to go. I agree with so much -

1. I am cold more - I have to wear a hat and gloves now in the winter.

2. It really bothers me wearing baggy clothes - I am not sure why but it really does. Thank goodness for ebay because I had very few clothes that fit well.

3. Folks' compliments cause me anxiety sometimes - like I can never gain the weight back now.

4. I feel so much better and I have more moments of happiness. I think the extra weight was a bigger stress producer than I knew.

5. How much I appreciate this cool tool - mfp. While I am anxious about maintaining, I think mfp will help me so much to maintain.
  • avababy05
    avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    The cold thing for sure.My hands actually started turning purple when they were cold.I went to the Doctor and I was diagnosed with Raynauds disease.The Doctor said "it's very common in tiny people". I was so shocked at being called a tiny person,I missed most of what she told me abouth the condition and had to read up on it later.I didn't know I had this disease because I wasn't tiny.Hmmm,skinny and purple or fat and fleshtone?
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    The cold thing for sure.My hands actually started turning purple when they were cold.I went to the Doctor and I was diagnosed with Raynauds disease.The Doctor said "it's very common in tiny people". I was so shocked at being called a tiny person,I missed most of what she told me abouth the condition and had to read up on it later.I didn't know I had this disease because I wasn't tiny.Hmmm,skinny and purple or fat and fleshtone?

You might want to make sure that you are "topped up" on your essential fatty acids. That seems to help some Raynaud's sufferers. There are lots of good EFA supplements around.
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    My boobies are gone :sad:

I lost an inch on mine this past week. I was quite sad seeing as how they only finally decided to show up when I was 25 :grumble:
  • laurensmomma09
    laurensmomma09 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    funny :) I feel much warmer now than before I lost the weight. Bloodflow must be better even though the insulation is worse...

Agree on the tasting of grease. I used to LOOOOVE potato chips, now I get a nasty feeling at the roof of my mouth when I have some.
    the following is TMI, but my bowels are more... um... regular. which is definitely very good.

Im much warmer too but my irion levels are yup.
    i agree witht he chips and the BM too lol
  • nikkilynne59
    nikkilynne59 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    My boobs are gone as well and I have had to resize my rings.
  • SDHudgins1976
    Options
    My boobies are gone :sad:

I secretly hope this happens to me.
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    When my belly is gone and I lay on my side, I have no place to rest my arm. It used to lie comfortably on my belly, now I have to put my arm directly on my side kinda parallel with my hip. I could cross my legs at my knees or above. One has to learn how to reposition their selves in all places and yes, the lack of backside makes some chairs uncomfortable. High heels are easier.

I use a "clutch pillow". Much more comfortable than resting my arm on me. :wink: I agree---the loss of padding on the back side can be problematic.
  • rems2012
    rems2012 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I've noticed that on the days when I exercise, I'm not nearly as hungry as the days I don't. Can't make up my mind if it's the distraction of the workout (I'm someone who goes to the kitchen when bored) or if there's a physical reason for this. Does anybody know?

Same for me too. I'm not hungry on the days I work out. I used to be tired and sleepy when I started working out, but that changed after a week.
  • meganac69
    meganac69 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    For what it's worth, I find climbing the stairs to be much easier.
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    I feel taller because now I can stand closer to the kitchen counter (no belly in the way) and therefore can actually reach items on the top shelf of the cabinets.

People tell me I look taller all the time :)
  • dianebpotter
    Options
    Isn't that a great feeling not being afraid to sit down in a booth? I always feared going out due to this with friends, Good Job !
  • Hbazzell
    Hbazzell Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    I cant binge anymore. I have only been on here for less than a month but I can only eat small portions at a time.
  • Dexy_
    Dexy_ Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    20+ kgs later you'll still feel fat but have NO boobs.
  • AuntieMC
    AuntieMC Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    bump
  • leeluchickenbruce
    leeluchickenbruce Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Guys, you all sound awesome! Please add me for support, I'm on day 1 tomorrow!