this happened to me at the gym this morning!

Options

Replies

• MyProgressISYour1Proof
    Options
    There is nothing more motivating than this: the 75 year old man RUNNING at a 7.5 speed and a 6.0 incline next to me. As we both got off the treadmill at the same time he asked if he could speak with me and pulled out his wallet. We sat down at a table as he showed me a picture of him and his granddaughter 5 years ago, her about my age then, he 767 pounds and her 398. With tears running down his face he showed me another picture of him walking her down the aisle 2 months ago. He is now 215 and she is 150. With more tears he says"I dont even know you but you remind me of my granddaughter, and I couldnt miss walking her down the aisle because I was killing myself slowly and didnt even realize it." I was wearing my cross and fish necklace so he asked if he minded if he prayed woth me. For 10 minutes we sat holding hands in the gym praying for the life I have ahead of me. As we were both wiping tears from our face, he told me to just keep going and when i dont want to, to remember him.This is a man I will NEVER forget.

WOW Amazing
  • rnash1
    rnash1 Posts: 8
    Options
    It always amazes me how things like this happen. What a blessing! Keep up the work and thank you for sharing!
    God has a funny way of putting people together for a purpose. Be blessed by His direction. Thank you for sharing this with us.
  • scriehl
    scriehl Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Incredible. That makes me smile! :)
  • cordianet
    cordianet Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    That's awesome. I have no doubt God put that man there for you when you needed to hear this. Please don't forget what he said/did when you are feeling low. If he can do this, you can! Make it happen!
  • kasealey
    Options
    This is very inspiring and reminds me of how important it is to stay on track. Thanks for sharing! :)
  • mcotterell11
    mcotterell11 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Truly amazing how God brings us people to help! Truly an angel:heart:
  • trishaswiss
    trishaswiss Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Wow. Most people don't take the time to speak to others, let alone encourage them. Great story :)
  • sunnie326
    sunnie326 Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing. How wonderful that he shared with you and it is something that you will keep with you forever! Brought tears to my eyes.
  • marinegirl92
    marinegirl92 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    A walking angel! Thank you for sharing and taking the time to share that special moment together! :)
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    That's awesome. I have no doubt God put that man there for you when you needed to hear this. Please don't forget what he said/did when you are feeling low. If he can do this, you can! Make it happen!

My thoughts exactly! What a wonderful story, thank you for sharing it :heart:
  • sarahcranemack
    sarahcranemack Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    That is amazing! You never know when something like that will happen :)
  • xtanyx
    xtanyx Posts: 53
    Options
    What a beautiful story!
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,946 Member
    Options
    Wow!
  • kbmiller27
    kbmiller27 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's intense. Definitely made me tear up. Thank you for sharing!
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    That is such a wonderful story, so glad you shared.
  • Iron_Duchess
    Iron_Duchess Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • Careygirl1968
    Careygirl1968 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing this story! I'm tear-y just reading it - I can't imagine how inspiring it must have been in person, and to spend time together in prayer.
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Am I really the only one having a hard time believing this? I try to be as supportive as possible but this is almost too amazing to believe. If I am wrong, I offer my most sincere apology to both OP and the 75 year old man she talked about.

After a quick Google search, I could not find any mention anyone in the world who is at least 70 years old (5 years ago) and over 700 pounds (he claimed to me 767). 767 pounds is approaching record setting levels for that age bracket (Google worthy) and I have not heard of anyone surviving to the age of 70 at such a weight.

Too many coincidences as well (getting off the treadmill at the same time, the cross, asking to pray together, looking like her granddaughter, having a wallet with him on the treadmill, the table).

If the story is true, going from that point to running at a 7.5 speed and a 6.0 incline at the age of 75 and 215 pounds (down from 767) is truly amazing.

There is nothing more motivating than this: the 75 year old man RUNNING at a 7.5 speed and a 6.0 incline next to me. As we both got off the treadmill at the same time he asked if he could speak with me and pulled out his wallet. We sat down at a table as he showed me a picture of him and his granddaughter 5 years ago, her about my age then, he 767 pounds and her 398. With tears running down his face he showed me another picture of him walking her down the aisle 2 months ago. He is now 215 and she is 150. With more tears he says"I dont even know you but you remind me of my granddaughter, and I couldnt miss walking her down the aisle because I was killing myself slowly and didnt even realize it." I was wearing my cross and fish necklace so he asked if he minded if he prayed woth me. For 10 minutes we sat holding hands in the gym praying for the life I have ahead of me. As we were both wiping tears from our face, he told me to just keep going and when i dont want to, to remember him.This is a man I will NEVER forget.
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options

Apparently most people (at least from reading this thread) seem to believe this story. I would like to apologize to the original poster and the amazing 75 year old man if I was wrong. His transformation in 5 years would be truly amazing at any age!
  • littlebeardedlifter
    littlebeardedlifter Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    wow thats awesome