Teddy Bear Types, Ladies and Dating?

Options

Replies

• dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    There are many types of people out there. If a woman is superficial enough to only date "chiseled" guys, she deserves the what she gets. By not answering you, she is saving you from that abusive, shallow, gold digging, superficial woman.

It is hard to find your soulmate. The person that doesn't respond to you will not be that person. Move on to someone else, until you find the one who will appreciate you for who you are.

Never settle for someone that thinks you need to change something about yourself.
  • Cheri_M
    Cheri_M Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Personalities can make or break a person. You can have an extremely society attractive man/woman walk up to you, and then he/she opens his/her mouth and you are running the other way. And on the opposite spectrum you can have an average looking guy/gal, or even not so average looking, who can start a conversation with you and before you know it he/she starts to become more attractive the longer you talk to him/her.

It's not always a specific body type the opposite sex is looking at. Maybe from their first impression at a glance they are trying to picture your lifestyle and if they are attracted to your lifestyle, not necessarily what you look like specifically. If someone is huge into working out, being outdoors, rock climbing, cycling, volley ball etc... if you look strong enough and carry yourself as though you live an active lifestyle - regardless of your exact size - it may be lifestyle they are assessing, not your physical appearance. Maybe at a first glance they are just trying to decide if you may be interested in the same things so you could possibly enjoy doing them together?

Someone posted earlier, maybe some people look for people that are going to help them stick to the healthier lifestyle they have chosen to live the rest of their life. If they see someone eating crap food, smoking, - whatever non-healthy habits you are choosing not to have as a part of your lifestyle - maybe that's what they are seeing & are not interested in - not your physical appearance? maybe?? just thoughts...

Having similar interests, morals, values, goals are all things that are going to make or break a relationship. If you don't have interests that you share together, it's not going to matter what the person looks like. You have to have enough interest in the whole person to make it work. Physical attributes are a small piece of the relationship equation.

Everyone knows it's not all about looks, you can't date someone based on looks alone, YOU HAVE TO DATE THE WHOLE PERSON. We all have things about the opposite sex that catch our attention, but it is our full personality that either draws us in closer or pushes us away from a new person we are meeting/interacting with for the first time. Once you know why you are attracted to the person, they naturally become more and more physically attractive to you - the chemistry sparks - but it isn't necessarily because specific physical features. Yes, many people have their preferences, or what they lean towards, but bottom line, if you can't accept the WHOLE person - it doesn't matter what they look like.

No one is exempt from being an *kitten* - you can be a teddy bear, tall, short, lean, frumpy, buff, body builder, pear shaped, hour glass - bottom line, if people are not giving others the time of day it isn't necessarily about PHYSICAL APPEARANCE. Maybe it is because the person is carrying themselves in a certain way? Body language is huge. Body language is what also draws us in to talk to someone or not to talk to someone. If someone is opening a door of opportunity to speak to you, but their body language is screaming things that are red flags to you, it doesn't matter what they look like.
  • Jennifer1319
    Jennifer1319 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Its the heart of a man that counts with me and secondly sense of humor. Yes attraction and visual stimulation is important, it must be there but I do not enjoy only the "chiseled" guys out there. The "bigger" men Ive had were the worst. The outside looked super but their hearts and egos were shallow.

A good woman will see past what some may call imperfections if her heart is in the right place. A persons character goes a very long way.
  • LizHowerton
    LizHowerton Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I met my husband online dating.

I dated / met many different body types of men.

Personally I'm not attracted to skinny men. I like either average to thicker with a bit of chub is okay. Im not attracted to obese men.

I think there is probably just as much bias towards women that are overweight, as there is to men.

On the online dating...you just got to take it with a grain of salt, roll with the good and the not so good....and you never know...you might just meet the one.

I think one of the biggest turnoffs was people that posted a picture and represented themselves..50 or 75 pounds and 15 years ago....
  • Cheri_M
    Options
    Jennifer1319 "A good woman will see past what some may call imperfections if her heart is in the right place. A persons character goes a very long way."

You said in once sentence that I wrote in multiple paragraphs! Amen!! well said!
  • Jennifer1319
    Jennifer1319 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Lol Thank you Cheri! Amen to your post also! Very well written, props to you!!
  • Cheri_M
    Options
    Thanks Jennifer! I don't know how to use the "quote" option... clicked on "quote" but it didn't come up in the fancy box like everyone else.
  • DamnImASexyBitch
    DamnImASexyBitch Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    My husband is about 6'2" and 250 lbs. I love everything about him. We met on match.com.
  • seresha
    seresha Posts: 65
    Options
    Im roughly 6 foot, 270 lbs and my fiance loves it:) but she is also very supportive of my weight loss. I feel very comfrotable with her seeing my body, I'm just not always sure of myself but she said just stay a little chubby and I said ok because that was my goal in the first place:) I don't need to be a stick, I just need to feel healthy:) 190 is my goal:)
  • LMT2012
    LMT2012 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Handsome and confident work at any size. In fact, i'd pick a really big guy over a skinny hipster type any day.
  • tallgirlshelley
    tallgirlshelley Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    The only thing that stops me from giving someone "the time of day" is how they interact with me. If they have poor speaking/writing skills, lack good communication skills or are just plain ol' jerks, that is more of a turn off than their body type.

Personally I like men that are taller and heavier than me. But I want the man I date to be healthy and that can subjective depending on the man and his body type. I usually find heavier/thicker men seem to be more attracted to thinner/petite women. Whatever floats the boat.

If the person has confidence in who they are, regardless of their weight or body type, then that will shine through. And the right person will see it and appreciate it.

This.
    I love me a big beefy dude. I'm not attracted to morbidly obese men, but you can never completely control who you're going to fall in love with. I'm not shallow regarding looks, but I do have to find some attraction. Usually for me, that involves intelligence, sense of humor and charm. Online dating is horrific. In my experience, 75% of men want slim, petite women with giant knockers and ready to roll in the hay. But oh, please be respectable. Haha.
  • Luvmesumkenny
    Luvmesumkenny Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Men Period I don't Discriminate :-)
  • rockangel8907
    rockangel8907 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I've dated all types of men, short, tall, skinny, fat, lots of hair, no hair, I'm attracted to all different types of men I've had a teddy bear type hurt me badly and a very fit guy that would get labeled an *kitten* treat me great. I don't believe that certain body compositions are destined to be a certain personality.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    how do it delete this?
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    In my case it's because my last ex was a filthy foul mouthed abusive, womanizing, reckless, lying, *kitten* "teddy bear" as you call it, nothing cute about that.
    TED-TV-Trailer_0000-535x311.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQvA4_W31jLhsCUQnqgb48mrk_gGxvj_VvOwZIncjk2zIWmv0y2JA
  • BelindaDuvessa
    BelindaDuvessa Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    So here is a question for everyone (more specifically woman), but I definitely want my "heavier men" to chime in as I feel this could get interesting.

So ladies, how many times have you found yourself out or on dating sites and you seem to only get "hit-on" by the guy, who has a great smile, dressed nice, polite..but oohhh no he is just a little over-weight or a teddy bear type? What thoughts go through your head as he begins in conversation? Why don't you give him the chance , that the more chissled athletic guys would get from you?

I am curious to know what stops a person from giving a heavier person the time of day. Is this come type of "inner prejudice" that the heavier members of society are faced with? Now I know some of you would say personal preference but I believe that is a cop out. Why? Well how many fit, athletic guys/girls have you dated and where are they now? (*kitten*, stuck on themselves,etc I am sure). What about that chubby guy/girl that was perfect (attentive, compassionate,etc) but you put them in the "friend zone". Where is he/she at now? Do you see what I am getting at? Often times the best thing for you isnt necessarily what your eyes and mind find to be appealing.

DONT LET THE THREAD SIT, BE A VOICE BE ACTIVE, SHARE!!!!

I'm 28. I've dated 3 guys my entire life. 2 of those guys were teddy bears, and my husband has a berr gut (even tho he doesn't drink beer). I was with the other 2, because I liked their personality. Yes, I was in high school. I've never dated an actual "fit" guy, although my ex did go into the military at the end of our relationship. He broke up with me while we were both in boot camp. Yeah, *I* got the dreaded "Dear John" letter. We're also still friends. The other guy, I talk to his sister more than I do him. We've one separate ways. Neither of those guys have kids of their own, and I have 4. It's difficult now to really hold conversations with either, because I have a tendency to gravitate towards talking about kid stuff, and neither of them can relate.

I do have 1 friend, whom I probably would've dated in high school had I not been with the other 2 guys at some point. He is most definitely obese and always has been. His entire family is, actually. He's a great guy. Even after high school, we didn't end up dating because his parents wouldn't have approved of me. We don't share a religion, and he's honestly looking for someone whom he can take home to his parents. He has a girlfriend, and honestly, all of our friends have been waiting for 10+ years for these 2 to get together. I hope they end up happily married. He's a good guy, circumstances just didn't play the cards for us to be together.

My husband was skinny when we got together, but it wasn't from athletics. He is a former junkie, and still had the body of it. He's been clean since before we got together, and is much healthier now than he was then, even though he is overweight. And in high school, I didn't give him the time of day. Now, I couldn't imagine my life without him. He's a great father, and a great man. And I don't let his past taint what he is now.

You seem to have a hard time with the stereotype that all women go for fit, buff, skinny men. We don't all go for looks over personality.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    In my personal opinion the more chiseled the guy I dated the bigger jerk he turned out to be. My ideal weighted man seems to be at exactly 220 lol. And if he wasn't when I met him he got that way unfortunately with my cooking, lol.

24 pounds to go for me.
  • Jayneopopsidoodle
    Jayneopopsidoodle Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Personalities can make or break a person. You can have an extremely society attractive man/woman walk up to you, and then he/she opens his/her mouth and you are running the other way. And on the opposite spectrum you can have an average looking guy/gal, or even not so average looking, who can start a conversation with you and before you know it he/she starts to become more attractive the longer you talk to him/her.

^ this a million times over xx
  • brit_ks_89
    brit_ks_89 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    my fiancee is a teddy bear type! and i love his big o bear hugs!!! he is so so adorable, i nicknamed him panda
  • sjmitchner
    sjmitchner Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I married my teddy bear! At his heaviest he was about 280. We're both eating better these days. I was causally dating when I met him. We hung out and I can honestly say I'm not sure why we connected so well, but I can say I was massively attracted to him. I likened it to getting hit by a truck while walking along minding my own business! He's kind and funny under his gruff and scruffy exterior. I had dated thinner guys and it didn't ever go anywhere. I love my scruffy bear!