I feel like a SELL OUT!

Options
1235»

Replies

• thelaurameister
    thelaurameister Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I hadn't seen any of your posts prior to this, but you should know that you're NOT a sell out.

A sell out would be somebody who got liposuction and a tummy tuck without even trying first. You deserve to feel great about yourself and if a tummy tuck and breast augmentation is what it took to accomplish that then there's nothing wrong with that. You look awesome!
  • jesslmassey
    Options
    I hope you will post before and after pics from your beginning on here. You are not a sell out. It sounds like you have worked really hard and should be proud of where you are. As for the surgery- Ive have had friends who had tummy tucks and are bigger now then they were when they got it- 6 yrs ago. You still have to wrk to keep you there. Be proud of who you are and if people nag on you- unfriend them. This is about you and not them. We are here to support each other-not use one another as a stepping stone.:smile:
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!!! I have given myself 2 years to save money and work my *kitten* off!!! If I cannot lose my c-section flap on my own then I will go under and have the stuff done cosmetically, if I do lose it on my own because I know it CAN be done, then I will just use the money I have saved for the Camera I always wanted, seems legit to me.

You are not a sell at all, I'm sure if I had the money now I'd do it now without thinking twice about it. I've worked my *kitten* off to lose this weight and my stomach does not look great and I'm sure is the reason my confidence isn't where it SHOULD be now.
  • vbradylady
    vbradylady Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I think you look great! I'm currently trying to lose baby weight and then I will be getting the tummy tuck! After baby #3...that skin just doesn't go anywhere! You're so right...it actually seems like it sags more, when you lose weight. You gotta do what's best for you.
  • bwalker0823
    bwalker0823 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    You are not a sell out, and this is exactly how I feel. I have had 3 kids by c-section and I am working out and I can see the weight coming off and I am getting toned but that flap is still there and it really is never going to go away, and I have been seriously contemplating the "mommy" make over too! Who says that you can't look hot and have that perfect body after you have sacrificed your body for having children! :) It's almost like a celebration for what you have done.
    I think you look amazing and hopefully some day soon I can post my before and after pics. :)
  • CynthiaCollin
    CynthiaCollin Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    bump
  • weloveourboys
    weloveourboys Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I'm one of the lucky ones whose body bounced back to pre-children days after popping out 3 kids (not c-section though). However, had I been in your position, I would not hesitate to do exactly what you did. You have to be fit and toned in order to achieve results like yours, even with surgery. I don't understand why you feel like a sell out. You shouldn't.
  • imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    UMMMMMMM... Removing stretched out skin has nothing to do with fat. Your not a sell out You did the work. :flowerforyou: you just did what millions of women wished the could afford. And I don't care what anyone says, you can never nip and tuck your way to fit.
  • Zekesmom
    Options
    I used to be on the NO SURGERY LOVE YOUR BODY bandwagon...then I had 4 babies. I have 1 angel baby ( vaginal ), 1 abducted child ( vaginal ) a 6 1/2 year old who was an emerg c section that was cut hip to hip and a 28 month old who was an all natural vaginal birth. I have also had numerous pelvic surgeries and a full abdominal hysterectomy. There is NO amount of exercise I can do to get rid of my "flap". Trust me, I have tried. I am still working on my weight loss, AGAIN. I am sitting in the 160's on a 5'3" frame, and once I get down to 110-115 I will go in for a tuck and a breast lift.
    I don't think anyone is a sell out if you are doing it for your health, whether it is physical or mental health. If you do it for selfish stupid reasons, that is another story. You worked your *kitten* of hun, you made beautiful babies, then you did your best to put your body back into it's best health. You cannot control your skin. You look amazing and if it makes YOU happy, it was all worth it!
  • Itzli
    Itzli Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    You look amazing and I'll sell out happily if I ever get the money. Maybe I'll donate an equal amount to a children's hospital to assuage my guilt over my vanity (while I'm dreaming I'll ever have that much money, I might as well dream I'll have twice that much!) :laugh:

Same here!
  • OnMyWay4
    OnMyWay4 Posts: 264
    Options
    12 weeks post op...I've been doing Turbo Fire illegally for 4 weeks now!

Screenshot_2013-03-15-07-36-19.png
  • cjlorigan
    cjlorigan Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    12 weeks post op...I've been doing Turbo Fire illegally for 4 weeks now!

Screenshot_2013-03-15-07-36-19.png

You look great!! And be careful with the illegal workouts that you don't injure something (but it is soooooo totally something I would do too)
  • mamacalhoun
    mamacalhoun Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have had 4 c-sections. The first one was an emergency and my cut was from the belly-button down, the second along the same incision. The last two were by a different doctor and were cut across very low. So now I have kind of an anchor cut looking scar. I just started working out the beginning of Feb of this year. My starting weight was 215 and I am down to 202 as of this week. Thank you for your post. I would love surgery but I want to lose as much as I can on my own first. Keep up the good work!
  • malou1985
    malou1985 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    u look awesome. I hope u feel as wonderful on the inside as u look on the outside!
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Some things are just out of your control. You look great!
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    DAMN DUDe...post a warning or something.
  • kerilynne68
    Options
    You have nothing to apologize for! There is some skin that just will not shrink back and you deserve to feel great about yourself. After my two c-sections I lost about 100 pounds (this was 10 years ago) and I decided to treat myself to having my apron removed. I have never regretted it. I gained back weight that I'm now in the process of losing again, but I have never been sorry I had the surgery. Congratulations on your hard work!
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    You worked very hard and you took care of a problem that exercise and diet couldn't fix.

And you look fantastic!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!