Lose 5 Pounds A Month- May 2010 Challenge

Options

Replies

• medrewiske
    medrewiske Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I've been stuck between 138-140 for what seems like forever!
  • bslclay
    bslclay Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    So I updated my mini goals and weighed myself this morning...I lost 3.8 pounds since my last weigh-in. I am ready for this months challenge. I feel very motivated today...could be the 3.8 pound lost talking...but I am going to take advantage of the good feeling.

We can do this!
  • Connie48
    Connie48 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I"m in! I"ve lost 15lb since Dec'09, but need to kick it up a notch. I"ve been diagnosed with slugglish thyroid (no meds yet) maybe this challenge will keep me encouraged on days I just want to give up!
  • amesnc
    amesnc Posts: 32
    Options
    I'm in! I need to keep my focus this month since it is a busy one!

SW: 162.5
    GW: 157.5
  • maytanewfie
    maytanewfie Posts: 47
    Options
    I'm in, 5 lbs for May!! I just started to get myself back on track again today, so I'm starting from today. I have a month of birthdays and baby showers and such, but I might try a protien shake before events to curb my hunger and make it easier to avoid the food that is set outl. Social eatting is my downfall (well, and bored eatting, and comfort eatting).
  • anniemartens32
    Options
    I am totally in,I just hope the weather clears up soon so I can go for a job or long walk.
  • Elokyn
    Elokyn Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I'm in again, only lost 3 last month but I need to really crack down this month! My bday is June 1st so I want to have lost atleast 11 lbs by then....I'm hoping I can lose 10 since I started the 30 day shred 5 days ago but idk if that's gonna happen.
  • tjptaylor
    tjptaylor Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'll join this one!!!
    May 1 wi -- 190

:)
  • merguson
    merguson Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    My Game Plan for May

* 30 min walking 3x a day
    * shred with Jillian as often as possible
    * 3 meals a day (breakfast is hard for me)
    * more veggies/fruit
    * wean down the coffee intake

(I'm printing this out and sticking it on the fridge or maybe the bathroom mirror too :wink: )
  • shawnae2
    shawnae2 Posts: 105
    Options
    I am in!! I need some motivation because I have seriously been lacking any. Ordered power 90 yesterday so hopefully next week I will have it and can start working out. 12 hour shifts all this week and plus came down with a bad cold so doubt I will be getting much of a workout until this calms down. But ready to lose 5lbs and hopefully more this month!!

sw- 300lbs

cw- 272.6
    ew (5/31/10)- 267.6

gw- 160
  • evaeva28
    evaeva28 Posts: 23
    Options
    I hope it's not too late to get in on this challenge!! I have a walking challenge at work that a group of us are a part of and I have found that challenges work well for me :smile:! I have been doing really good in terms of exercising so this time around what I want to try to do is focus more on my water intake and my eating. That's been my downfall :grumble: .

I weighed in today and I am at 208lbs. My short term goal is to get down to below 200 and then from there 180 and then 145 - 150. I don't want to get super skinny just healthy! It is very nice to meet all of you and I am really looking forward to this!!

Plan:
    Continue the Walking off the lbs 5 mile plus boost workouts at least 3 but trying for 5 times a week.
    Continue walking at least 1 mile twice a day during breaks - 5 days a week
    Eat more veggies and fruits
    Continue logging my food and drink intake
    keep the Diet Coke away!! LOL
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I am sitting here with the 3 month old on my lap and he is starting to doze. It would be so easy to just hold him and watch him sleep, but they will all be sleeping so I will put him in his crib and walk on the treadmill. I love babies:heart::love:

Terri
  • Maude52
    Maude52 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm in! 5 more pounds and I reach my goal weight! Current weight 139, target 134!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Hey Terri, sounds like you are starting to feel a little better. I am really pumped up this week to work my butt off. the 150's are getting so close I can taste it. I am going to get there soon. I hope you get to your treadmill soon.
  • BridgetE
    BridgetE Posts: 10
    Options
    I'm in! I would love to lose 5 pounds this month. I'm hoping our treadmill get fixed today. That would be a big help since I hate gettign up in the morning to go to the gym.

CW 214
    GW (5/31) 209
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

Wow, lots of new faces! Welcome everyone that's new, and hello again to the regulars. :flowerforyou:

RJ-Cute new picture and Happy anniversary! Glad you had a nice dinner with your Husband and so happy that you don't feel guilty about it.

Beth (and RJ)- I have 4 celebrations/challenges in May as well. My son's birthday party is May 7th, followed by Mother's Day Sunday, then my son's real Birthday on May 14th we are having dinner with Grandma who can't come to his party, then mt birthday on the 27th! Oh god help me, that's a lot of cake! Good luck to us all! :ohwell:

Phyljen- yes, injured lady, you sure can do it! Love ya :love:

Terri-50 MPH wind, wow! :noway: I hope it ended up being less than 149 :laugh:
    I really like your advise to make a plan, so I did just that...

CW:144
    May Goal: 139

The Plan: Not over snacking at night. This is really my biggest issue as most of you know. I will eat my healthy meals and then when the late night snacking bug hits me I will fold laundry to keep my hands busy. If that isn't working well I will go to sleep early. On the 4 days that I have celebrations this month I will enjoy my normal healthy meals but also indulge in a slice of cake or whatever treat is around tempting me the most. I am typically really strong at the event but then break after the kids go to bed. Last night was a perfect example. I went to my guys mom's house for dinner, she made yummy Tri Tip and a cheesy noodle side dish. I brought some asparagus in my purse just in case and was so glad I did. I told her that I had so much at home that I brought some to share (true I do have a lot, but no really why I brought it :devil: ) so I made them quickly and filled half my plate with salad, loaded up on asparagus, and had only two small slices of meat, I am guessing about 6 oz. Passed on the yummy smelling cheesy gooy goodness and passed on the cake and ice cream for dessert (well I did have a small bite of my son's who had a special dairy free gluten free cake slice). But as we went to leave she gave us a box of cinnamon grahams she said she got for the kids to try. Well once I got home and got the kids to bed I had like 7 cinnamon grahams and then looked at the calories. :mad: 120 for two? REALLY? TWO? So I went over by 640 calories. I could have just had a slice of cake and been done with it! I have made this mistake before. Many times before. I am not going to say I wont do it again. I the plan it to TRY to just eat the darn thing I want so I don't do this again! And if I do it again, I'll try again next time.

Sorry for the long post. Happy Monday!
  • kRpRpLgRl
    kRpRpLgRl Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I would love to join in on this challenge. I just started with MFP last week and I've been getting used to logging everything I eat each day. I think I'm ready for a challenge now. I will weigh tonight and go from there.

Thanks for posting this challenge.

Kim
  • phyljen
    phyljen Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    HI PALS!
    Hello from the land of the pharoahs!! It is 5 to 10 PM and I am heading to bed very soon. I can't belive how many new folks we have in the group this month. MAY just be the month to shed!! LET'S DO IT LADIES and gentlemen ( if there are any joining us) :laugh:
    Happy anniversary to all your celebrators! and like many of you I have quite a few days that will be a challenge for me since there are occasions to join in on with the end of school. Good bye parties for departing faculty! plus my sons birthday, Mothers's day and end of year parties with my school kiddies. But what the heck! Who needs cake,,, who needs ice cream.... who needs those extra calories. NOT ME!! NOT YOU!!! Let those other folks have those goodies. The way I look at it is...I have already tasted enough of those things in the past... and what I want to taste now is a thin healthy body. That is the taste I am craving!!!:wink: HOW ABOUT YOU?
    Terri hope that you are feeling as good as you sound.
    THANKS for all the well wishers to the injured ole lady!!! I will hobble to bed now. But FYI... the knee support is helping to keep my knee stable but going down stairs still kills the heck out of me. OUCH!! Why do I live on the fourth floor and work on the third floor in buildings withOUT at lift!
    Good night my pals.. I'll be dreaming that you stay healthy while I am sleeping! PHYLJEN:smile:
  • katieann2
    katieann2 Posts: 26
    Options
    My plan is to keep my calorie count to 1200, my fat grams (good fats) to no more than 30 and to walk 2 miles (3 times this week) !

Have 5 fruits and vegetables daily! I will write everything down that goes in my mouth!

EAT HEALTHIER!

I know, we all can do this!
    Don't confuse thirst with hunger
  • ukredhead19
    ukredhead19 Posts: 176
    Options
    Hi all - I did the April challenge and fell off the band wagon...ended up gaining 3 lbs last month. I'm having a rough time getting my head in the right place to lose weight. I'm a stress eater, and i'm swimming in stress. I'm almost done with my classes for the semester, so at least I will have the summer off!

I'm going to shoot for at least 5lbs or more. My little one's first bday party is coming up in just over a month and a good loss would make me feel so good!

My plan....must stay focused on the goal, just have to keep reminding myself all day that i'm not really hungry when i'm just bored or stressed and come up with other ways to cope!!! AND start exercising, no more classes means no more excuses!

Current weight: 183.6
    May 31 goal: 178.6

Overall Goal: 135