Options

Replies

• terem00
    terem00 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Me 21
    Him 26
    Married after dating for 3 months
    Still married 13 years later...no one thought it would last :)
  • dragomom
    dragomom Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Me 19
    He 26 married for going on 30 years.
  • Tatiyanya
    Tatiyanya Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    >.> I'm scared to start a flame war,but..gosh, why get married so young? Heck, why get married at all?!
  • _namaste_
    _namaste_ Posts: 246
    Options
    I was 20, he was 22 when we got married. Been together since 14 and 16 (moved out when I had just turned 16 and he 18) and celebrating 12 years together this year!
  • ExcelWithMel
    ExcelWithMel Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I married my husband when I was 30. We just celebrated our 10 year anniversary. I think 30 was young, but not too young. All these people who get married in their 20s, get divorced. I'm only doing it once! I can't say the same for DH since I'm his 2nd wife, but at least this time, he got a hot one. :)
  • ericalynn104
    ericalynn104 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    We aren't married yet, but we met when we were 13. We first started dating when we were 14. We broke up a couple of different times but we could never fully break apart. We are 21 now and engaged and I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with him! (We are planning on getting married when we are 23.)
  • sunshine421969
    sunshine421969 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Me-24
    He-23
    This June will be 20 years together.. :heart:
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    >.> I'm scared to start a flame war,but..gosh, why get married so young? Heck, why get married at all?!

Agreed!!!!Getting married young was a big mistake for me. It lasted a year hahahhahahahaha and my life started right after divorce! its been fabulous!!!!!!!
  • obolton756
    obolton756 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I'm 20.. And my boyfriend is 21.. We've been together 3 years.. I don't hear wedding bells just yet!!!!
  • Tennolina
    Tennolina Posts: 2,413
    Options
    My parents were 16 and 17...been married 43 years!
  • angimac
    angimac Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    We met in September 1985.
    I turned 14 in October and we started dating 3 weeks later.
    He turned 18 at the end of November.
    He asked me to marry him on December 1st.
    He officially got on one knee and proposed in front of my mother on Valentines Day.
    We got married at the end of June.

I was 14, he was 18. We've been married going on 27 years.
    We have 3 children and 3 grandchildren.
    We've gone through heaven and hell and everything in between.
    There's not another person on this planet that I'd rather go through life with.

He's the love of my life. We just fit.

We aren't typical people. We don't have a "burger king" state of mind (my way right away)
    We meant it when we said till death do us part...
  • ChaosMoosie
    ChaosMoosie Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    20 (my Lady) and 22 for me. 43 years ago now and still in love with one another. I bring her breakfast in bed every day - coffee first then breakfast to start the day. She's a queen and the love of my life, and we believe in doing it right the first time. There's been ups and downs - the first year was wonderful - the third a horror story - then we realized that marriage was a lot of give on both of our parts and we've been blessed ever since.

Now if the boys can figure out the concept of grandchildren....
  • jj1973
    jj1973 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Met him in June, married him that September after dating for 2 months. I was 19, he was 21. 2013 will make our 21st year.

And NO we did not live together first....
  • JasMikkol89
    JasMikkol89 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    one week after my 18th bday he was 22. We have been together for 6 years, married for 4
  • BrookeBQ
    BrookeBQ Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    How lovely!! What a story, congrats on 27 years.
    We met in September 1985.
    I turned 14 in October and we started dating 3 weeks later.
    He turned 18 at the end of November.
    He asked me to marry him on December 1st.
    He officially got on one knee and proposed in front of my mother on Valentines Day.
    We got married at the end of June.

I was 14, he was 18. We've been married going on 27 years.
    We have 3 children and 3 grandchildren.
    We've gone through heaven and hell and everything in between.
    There's not another person on this planet that I'd rather go through life with.

He's the love of my life. We just fit.

We aren't typical people. We don't have a "burger king" state of mind (my way right away)
    We meant it when we said till death do us part...
  • m0mmypee
    Options
    Me: 20
    Him: 21
    Going on 4 years this April :)
  • BrookeBQ
    BrookeBQ Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Not the youngest here, but we grew up together, were close friends for 5 years, started dating at 16. Engaged now, will be married at 21 and 22 respectively. :)
  • babycakes1970
    babycakes1970 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Me 18

Hubby 20

We have been married for 23 years.
  • _namaste_
    _namaste_ Posts: 246
    Options
    I married my husband when I was 30. We just celebrated our 10 year anniversary. I think 30 was young, but not too young. All these people who get married in their 20s, get divorced. I'm only doing it once! I can't say the same for DH since I'm his 2nd wife, but at least this time, he got a hot one. :)

"All these people who get married in theirs 20s, get divored."

I think this is a pretty outlandish statement. Tons of people who get married in their 30's and 40's get divorced. It has nothing to do with age and everything to do with the people getting married.
  • 3tmom3t
    3tmom3t Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I was 21 and he was 22. We dated for six years before that....been married now for 21 years. He is my Superman<3