So Who Married Youngest??

Options

Replies

• 3tmom3t
    3tmom3t Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    20 (my Lady) and 22 for me. 43 years ago now and still in love with one another. I bring her breakfast in bed every day - coffee first then breakfast to start the day. She's a queen and the love of my life, and we believe in doing it right the first time. There's been ups and downs - the first year was wonderful - the third a horror story - then we realized that marriage was a lot of give on both of our parts and we've been blessed ever since.

Now if the boys can figure out the concept of grandchildren....

We've had a horror story or two, but always worked it out. He's worth it!

Congrats on your long happy marriage!
  • TheNewMrs
    TheNewMrs Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Not married the youngest but maybe the shortest at this point...not yet 4 months but in it for the long run.
  • Songbird1104
    Songbird1104 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I was I was 22 and my husband was 25. Committed to each other after 2nd date, dated for 10 months before the wedding day; never lived together until after we tied the knot. We'll be married 3 years in June.

My husband's grandparents are all in their 80s and all still alive, and both sets have celebrated over 65 years together! How lovely is that? :smooched:
  • mommiejohnsonof6
    mommiejohnsonof6 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    me and my husband were 21, oct will be 14 years . we have six kids we only dated for 4 months before we married, it was a religous decision for us as well . we have had our ups and downs but don't regret a thing .
  • bolesbe
    bolesbe Posts: 212
    Options
    I was 20. She was 19. We've been married 23yrs. 2 daughters
  • milf_n_cookies
    milf_n_cookies Posts: 2,244 Member
    Options
    I was 21 and my husband was just about to turn 40, we have been married almost 13 years.
  • CarmenSRT
    CarmenSRT Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    It's lovely to see so many other couples here who married young and have gone the distance. It really takes dedication to not cut and run when adversity hits, but damn is it worth it! :flowerforyou:
  • pwittek10
    pwittek10 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    married at 29
    he was 28
    we will have been married 30 years in Feb!
  • spa9177
    spa9177 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    My husband and I got married when I was 17 and him 21. We have been married for for almost 18 years this June and have been together for 19 years. We have three beautiful children and wouldn't change a thing.
  • sclarktiw
    sclarktiw Posts: 217
    Options
    I was 21
    She was 16

We have been married for 23 years

5 kids
    4 girls - 23,22,21,15
    1 boy - 4
  • MissAMcDowell
    Options
    My twin sister got married at 19, he was 23, :) xo Married for six years now. Me, on the other hand, am not married :)
  • meyllisa
    meyllisa Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    ME 17 HIM 23 Married for 42 yrs.
  • Kalee34
    Kalee34 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I was 17 and my hubby was 20 when we got married. We will celebrate our 12th anniversary this year! We have 5 kids!
  • losing101in2013
    Options
    Me = 9
    Him = 54

It was an arranged marriage and he paid my father 6 goats and a basket of potatoes. (JK, not funny...... right?)
  • InfoomaousTete
    InfoomaousTete Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    I was married at 21 (him 22)....had first baby at 22.... had second baby at 23.....still in love and married to my high school sweet heart....yep...18 years this May....been together 21 years.

Young love can work as long as you work hard and have similar boundaries and goals.
  • BellaFe
    BellaFe Posts: 323
    Options
    me - 19
    him- 30

ETA- He passed away 8 years ago, I had 4 children with him, I am re married.
  • Sambytheway82
    Options
    Me 20
    Him 20

Been together 11 years married 10 in July 4 girls 9,8,5,2
  • imnoangel80
    Options
    so not me since i was 29, he was 31 we are celebrating our 4th anniversary this year, renewing out wedding vows next year on our 5th anniversary (couldnt have a church wedding as OH had been married before)
  • carloumom
    carloumom Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My husband and I were 23 and 20 respectively. We'll celebrate 20 years married, 24 years together in August. <3
  • xXxHBICxXx
    xXxHBICxXx Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    My hubby was 17 and I was 18 and we were together since we were 16, it will be 5 years in October.