the dangers of diet soda

Options
Dihydrogen Monoxide is a colorless and odorless chemical compound, also referred to by some as Dihydrogen Oxide, Hydrogen Hydroxide, Hydronium Hydroxide, or simply Hydric acid. Its basis is the highly reactive hydroxyl radical, a species shown to mutate DNA, denature proteins, disrupt cell membranes, and chemically alter critical neurotransmitters. The atomic components of DHMO are found in a number of caustic, explosive and poisonous compounds such as Sulfuric Acid, Nitroglycerine and Ethyl Alcohol.

And, if you are drinking Diet Soda, you're drinking Dihydrogen Monoxide. Google it: you'll be glad you did.

Replies

• BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    I drink zevia (diet soda sweetened with stevia) so I think I'm good.
  • kenna44cat
    kenna44cat Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this, no more diet soda for me.
  • pamelak5
    pamelak5 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Smirk.
  • pamelak5
    pamelak5 Posts: 327 Member
    Options

Check the label - Zevia has dihydrogen monoxide in it, too.
  • MissyMouse2323
    Options
    I really just have to say... If diet soda was really that poisonous... I would have been dead by now!!!
  • Amber1070
    Amber1070 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I kicked all soda to the curb! :-) no room in my diet for sugary crap drinks
  • aross001
    aross001 Posts: 237
    Options

Yeah, hate to say it even zevia sweetened diet drinks have DHMO
  • ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    mmmmhmmmm....*sips another Diet Mnt Dew*....it's ok, my wife, the Phd in Genetics, says this is all bs....moving on.
  • TakinSexyBack
    TakinSexyBack Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Proud to say I have been diet soda free for 5 days! Yeah, I know it's not long but it's a start! Thanks for the reminder of WHY I am giving that up!!!
  • ShrinkinAmberina
    Options
    The thing is.. diet soda may not be amazing for you but if thats the way you choose to treat yourself its much better than a binge or a regular drink... I think personally the most important thing is you are getting in enough water and not substituting it w/ something else
  • aross001
    Options
    mmmmhmmmm....*sips another Diet Mnt Dew*....it's ok, my wife, the Phd in Genetics, says this is all bs....moving on.

I'd love to hear what your wife who has a phd in genetics has to say about dihydrogen monoxide
  • angelams1019
    angelams1019 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options

hahahaha YES!!
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Diet soda doesnt' count as dihydrogen monoxide. Only dihydrogen monoxide counts, that's why it's called dihydrogen monoxide.
  • daffodilious
    daffodilious Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    There are worse things to worry about than diet soda. The thing is, nobody who drinks it actually thinks, "This diet soda is GOOD for me." We know. We get it. Diet soda is terrible, we should drink water, ok.
  • aross001
    Options
    I'd also like to add you'll find it in shocking quantities flowing from your very own tap, and .. yep.. if you're drinking bottled water you'll find it there too. Thousands die each year from aspirating this stuff yet the government/FDA allows it to stick around. You really have to ask yourself WHY.
  • Ghiizhar
    Ghiizhar Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    It's H2O folks.....
  • angelams1019
    angelams1019 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    The thing is.. diet soda may not be amazing for you but if thats the way you choose to treat yourself its much better than a binge or a regular drink... I think personally the most important thing is you are getting in enough water and not substituting it w/ something else

I'd much rather binge on a pizza with quality ingredients that you would probably consider bad for me than drink a diet soda and put all those chemicals into my body.

The chemicals in diet soda are are actually worse for your body than non diet sodas. Research babe.

But you are right, if you choose to put that into your body, its your own choice.
  • AnitaS71
    AnitaS71 Posts: 25 Member
    Options

I'd love to hear what your wife who has a phd in genetics has to say about dihydrogen monoxide

I don't think that very many of the people responding have taken your advice and Googled DHMO. Personally, I've known the dangers of DHMO for years, and I find the DHMO Research Division website fascinating, yet I continue to consume the stuff in large volume. <sigh> ;-)
  • denvervegan
    denvervegan Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    LOL IT'S WATER GET IT GUYZ

This joke is so old and so irritating. Give it a rest.
  • aross001
    Options
    LOL IT'S WATER GET IT GUYZ

This joke is so old and so irritating. Give it a rest.

apparently not old enough
This discussion has been closed.