What food's calories have you been shocked by?

Options

Replies

• caitipa
    caitipa Posts: 11
    Options
    Milk! It's not a lot of calories but I always used milk as a filler for something. I will stick to my almond milk which has half the calories than skim!
  • Athena125
    Athena125 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Pei Wei Spicy Chicken. I knew it was bad for me but 1400 calories for a meal?! NOT including the rice! Holy cow, no wonder I'm fat, I was eating that at least once a week for a good 5 months.

Agreed. And all the Thai food I thought was "healthy." Calories and sodium add up fast, and most of the time my stomach hurts after I eat this stuff. Not worth it!
  • Speazzy
    Speazzy Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    ummm, yeah!!!!! So, we went to Jersey Mike's, thought I would treat myself to something other than a salad, so I went with a grilled veggie wrap (wheat wrap, no salad dressing)...it was over 700 calories!!! WTF!!!??? I usually look at menus before I go places, so I know what I should or should not order...next time I will be sure to stick to my rule!
  • justjo83
    justjo83 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Sushi. and not fried either! I was just curious the other day about how many calories were in one Crunchy Shrimp roll, come to find out it was almost 1/2 of my daily intake of cal's I freaked out! How can 1 small roll of Sushi have 500+ Calories??! So upsetting I could eat sushi everyday..

I don't think that's correct. It probably means the roll before its cut, therefore actually 6-9 pieces.
  • rblesd
    rblesd Posts: 28
    Options
    Groats ,,, which is steal cut oats.. yeeks,,, back to regular oats for me
  • jlbryant2
    jlbryant2 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Homemade subs I used Cobblestone whole wheat buns turkey, ham, lettuce, tomato, and mustard. It was crazy high in calories after I thought that it would be super low.
  • justjo83
    Options
    Ribeye streak....750 Cals!!!
  • Daysednconfused
    Daysednconfused Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Pistachios!! I absolutely love them, but don't eat them often because I ask myself "do you want a steak or some pistachios?" LOL - the steak normally wins!!
  • justjo83
    Options
    Ribeye streak....750 Cals!!!

Steak *
  • athenad121
    athenad121 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Have any of you tried the Flatout brand wraps? They have a few flavors that are 90 calories for the whole wrap and they are good sized. I love them and use them all the time. They make great individual thin crust pizzas too!
  • fatjavotte
    fatjavotte Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Honestly, none. I have had a calorie calculator inside my head since my teenage years.
  • BigAndyT
    BigAndyT Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Pasta salads you think pasta you think healthy and pizzas around 1500 - 2000 a whole pizza!!
  • barbaramitchell101
    barbaramitchell101 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    when I logged ROASTED, SALTED ALMONDS...don't remember the amount of cals, but now I buy ONLY raw and unsalted almonds....MUCH BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!
  • jhvf1958
    Options
    Chilean Pisco Sour lemmon spirit like limoncello). 300c
    My Gosh!!!
  • asaw00
    asaw00 Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options
    Pizza dough, It looks so innocent!
  • purplecharm
    purplecharm Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    olive oil
    salmon
    peanut and almond butter
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    Watermelon! I thought it was mainly just water and a little bit of sugar, so I thought I could tuck in. Wrong. 1400 calories each. I ate most of a whole one. I used up my calorie allowance and couldn't eat for the rest of the day.
  • devrinator
    devrinator Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Fried Chicken!! I mean it should be no shock that's it isn't good, but over 500 calories for one breast!!! Oh the horror.
  • Synapze
    Synapze Posts: 499
    Options
    Watermelon. I was blown out of the water when i found out how low in calories it was.

I thought because it tasted sop good it was bound to be bad. What a fool ive been . :tongue:

Salmon surprised me.

Pizza base. I thought i was safe buying the base and making my own. I was fooled. :grumble:
  • LGLinWinter
    Options
    I was shocked by corn on the cob, even without butter it took a lot of my daily calories with it being veg i thought it would be safe!
    :sad: