What food's calories have you been shocked by?

Options

Replies

• WendyBlendy
    WendyBlendy Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Definitely peanut butter!

^^^^ Agreed.
  • Susay2942
    Susay2942 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    TGIF Shrimp Pasta compared to thier Jack Daniels Flat Iron Steak.
    The shrimp Pasta won out!
  • lawyerette
    lawyerette Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Olive oil and japanese habachi yumyum sauce. WOW!
  • the_seraphim
    Options
    im shocked by the amount of calories i can get through in one go....

especially if im drunk... i ate nearly 3k calories last night on top of the beers calories. ¬_¬

but then im on holiday so ive decided sod it, ill gain this weekend and lose next.
  • laurenz2501
    laurenz2501 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Definitely peanut butter!

This, and it makes me so sad, because peanut butter is delicious and healthy. But I can only allow myself a little each day or I'll ruin my calorie goals :(

Get PB2.

Also, this is why I pretty much stopped eating fruit and drinking juice. I do take vitamins though.

And yes the Baileys is ridiculous!! And I unfortunately got a bottle as a Christmas present :(
  • samantha1242
    samantha1242 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Apples. I have had some 200+ calorie apples depending on weight. I know that is not a lot of calories, but it still shocked me.

Peanuts. Cashews. All nuts actually.
  • poopaloop11
    Options
    Same salad dressings packs have up to 300 cal holy moly.
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    macaroni for me. I though it would be around the same calories as spaghetti.
  • ashleeliza
    Options
    dominos garlic and herb dip - 160 calories a pot. I used to have 4 pots for a pizza, thats 640calories before I even get started on the pizza. I'd eat a whole large pepperoni passion, altogether thats 2920

and id consume this after a night out, so thats on top of the daily junk I ate and all the alcohol!
  • lmataloni
    lmataloni Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Nuts sadly - and salmon. Good healthy oils but wow!
  • AZxChick90
    AZxChick90 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    My Fiance brought me a 44oz of Sprite yesterday. When I looked online to look at the calories, i was like OUCH! lol. It was like 428 calories! or close to 500! i was like =0 =0 =0 =0 literally lol
  • missability
    Options
    Chorizo sausage.

I haven't eaten it since November when the last of my sausage casserole was removed from the freezer!

Using a lot of smoked paprika in other foods though.j
  • missability
    Options
    LOVE SMOKED PAPRIKA!
  • mteller04
    mteller04 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter :(
  • andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Homemade rice pudding, was gutted when I realised how many calories were in it and its much nicer than a pre-made pot of Ambrosia which is only 99cals.

Also mackerel, its healthy but so high in cals and doesn't fill me enough to warrent eating it at the mo
  • bellevie86
    bellevie86 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    The stuff from fast food restaurants. I don't eat Whoppers at BK or those burgers topped with eggs at Red Robin, but no wonder we have an obesity epidemic!

Two days ago I had an Einstein's bagel and it turned out to be 290 calories, even without a topping. I wont' be eating those very often.

RED ROBIN is horrible for high calorie meals. Their onion ring tower has 1700 and that's just an app!!!! What I love is that their veggie burger has 9 GRAMS OF TRANS FAT! How do they even get away with that???? Ridiculous!
  • Hadabetter
    Hadabetter Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    Apples. I have had some 200+ calorie apples depending on weight. I know that is not a lot of calories, but it still shocked me.

Peanuts. Cashews. All nuts actually.

I've decided that nuts are nothing more than a fat delivery system.
  • lh1626
    lh1626 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Olive oil....avocados.....and 90/10 ground beef! I was absolutely shocked at how little one ounce cooked is. I made sloppy joes the other night....I measured out my beef on my scale and could not believe what one ounce looked like!

Also......chicken and broccoli Chinese takeout......I always thought I was being healthy. What is not healthy about chicken and broccoli???? Turns out everything! LOL! :-)
  • Boogage
    Boogage Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I have been shocked my many foods especially as others have said, peanut butter, nuts, seeded bread and types of beans.

Garlic really surprised me as I'd never have though there would be any calories in it
  • ohenry78
    ohenry78 Posts: 228
    Options
    This might seem silly to some, but I was surprised at pop tarts. 400 calories for both pastries that come in each wrapper.

I ate those all the time as a kid and my wife keeps them in the house because she snacks on them like crazy. I used to have them once in a while too, but man, they are NOT filling enough to be worth 400 calories.