better breakfast options

Options
1235»

Replies

• luckychef13
    luckychef13 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hey there! Breakfast has been a challenge for myself as well, but I've found some great options that are working for me. here's a list of suggestions to mix and match. Hope it helps - Enjoy!
    Oatmeal
    banana, apple, grapes, or berries
    whole grain english muffin or toast with peanut butter
    quick fried eggs in olive oil
    nonfat greek yogurt
    adkins day break morning meal shakes (love the strawberry banana)

If you include some fiber in your breakfast it will hold you over better til lunch and having a boost of natural sugar (from fruit or lowfat dairy) will help kick start your metabolism for the day. You can easily have a nutritional breakfast under 250 calories in less than 10 mins. After you kick the McD's habit, you'll notice yourself having more energy and feeling better from am til afternoon. I actually said goodbye to my last biscuit yesterday. It was a weekly treat for myself on days I have to be at the restaurant at 6am. Haven't had one in a couple weeks and after eating it yesterday I felt sluggish, gross and wished I had just stuck with my oatmeal & banana :smile:
  • jj1973
    jj1973 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I am thinking about putting a list of breakfast ideas on my fridge so that I can "think" of something in the morning while my brain is still foggy!

I have to quit stopping at the local convenience store for chicken strips out of the deli for breakfast!!!!!