Come clean

Options
1234568»

Replies

• NatalieG926
    Options
    Lucky...I live where right now it's -24 degrees Celsius (-11 Fahrenheit) and that is not even the coldest it gets, it sometimes goes down to -40C lol, so I envy your 18 degree weather! :P
  • Fittreelol
    Fittreelol Posts: 2,535 Member
    Options
    I don't really think about this when going through the till. But sometimes I do notice what other people get. Loved this one lady who was behind me and had a box of kitty litter, 2L of ice cream and a box of tampons. Best combo I have seen yet.

I was behind an old guy once that had a 6 pack of Harp and a box of depends. He is forever my hero.
  • Amber1070
    Amber1070 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    That's funny. I order our food and pick it up and feel funny when I buy crap or pre made because they see it all as they bag my order lol
  • breeshabebe
    Options
    LOL! GEEZ man... I didn't realize my evil comment would get so.... deeeeeeep. It was totally sarcastic and meant to be funny. Usually I'm way bigger than the person behind me checking out.... where is there room to judge?

So serious.. lighten up. And stop judging my "judgementalness"... it only makes you a hypocrite.
  • alx263
    alx263 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    There being a lack of facial expressions in forums can lead to frowns, use emots :-)
  • ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    I don't care if anyone comments on my healthy choices but I love it when I bust out my coupons and they get excited about how much I saved. lol this one cashier actually happily hollered at my husband 'your wife does a great job of saving money! you should be proud!' you would have thought it was her money I was saving she was so happy lol.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    LOL! GEEZ man... I didn't realize my evil comment would get so.... deeeeeeep. It was totally sarcastic and meant to be funny. Usually I'm way bigger than the person behind me checking out.... where is there room to judge?

So serious.. lighten up. And stop judging my "judgementalness"... it only makes you a hypocrite.

But... you asked a question. Did you not want answers?
  • PaulineKK
    Options
    I was the person with the cart full of processed sugar and meats. I remember being behind a lady whose cart was full of colorful fruits, veggies and "wholesome" foods. I really got cart envy. I can't say I'm perfect now by any means, but I feel so much better when I'm checking out. At least the money I spend (and it's not near as much as it was before) is going for stuff my body really wants. It is satisfying physically, mentally, and emotionally. As I am learning to navigate the grocery stores, it is taking much longer, but in the end it is so much more satisfying.
  • robbienjill
    robbienjill Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    We do this too! I ALWAYS look (and comment) on what is in other people's carts. Lol
  • bkr45678
    bkr45678 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Not the cashier- but I like to see the shame on the face of the person checking out behind me when they have a bunch sugary cereals, frozen pizzas and icecreams. Does this make me evil?

Not evil..another word.

<---regularly has ice-cream in her basket, feels absolutely no shame.

Yesterday I bought Lucky Charms and Frosted Flakes.

Do you eat all the oat bits out of your Luck Charms first and then eat a pure marshmallow delight, or is that just me?

My mom would always yell at me for picking the marshmallows out until eventually all that was left was cereal, so what I would do is pour a big bowl, then pick out half the cereal and throw it away.

<.<
    >.>
    >.<
  • Hinxx
    Hinxx Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Who else gets to the checkout at the grocery store with a cart full of fresh veges, fish and meat with little or no processed foods and secretly hopes that the cashier will comment?

I never hope that the cashier comments on what I get, it's really none of his/her business anyway. I'm never rude if they do though but it doesn't make me feel any different.

Btw, I think a lot of people perceive a certain holier-than-thou attitude from this thread because it comes across as if you feel you're "better" than people who eat "less cleaner" foods.

Those are my two cents. :)
  • RitaSantoss
    RitaSantoss Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    haha Actually when I go grocery shopping and I have my little cart and I just put all healthy foods in there, I almost feel like parading through the store and having people checking me out and see how committed and healthy I am. :tongue: