What do you do while working out?

Options

Replies

• ton40orbust
    Options
    Music mostly, if I'm at home I'm watching tv and if I'm at the gym doing cardio and theres something good on ABC or NBC I'll plug my headphones into the treadmill and watch that instead of jamming to my ipod.
  • Poorgirls_Diet
    Poorgirls_Diet Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Reading a good book does it for me and the time goes quickly by
  • RobfromLakewood
    Options
    Weights listening go music and people watching
    Cardio read a book. If I don't read I don't work as hard or as long. If I'm not reading I spend the whole time looking at the clock every 20 secs

Almost me exactly, weights or running, it's music. For cardio machines, it is my kindle. For biking, it's audiobooks.
  • Lovett123
    Lovett123 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Listen to music or watch tv on the screens attached to the equipment. Watching The Chase or Pointless is best because I'm always trying to guess the answers to the questions which distracts me.
  • estrobabe
    estrobabe Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Music, YouTube or Netflix, or reading something on my ipad (treadmill)

Music only for weight lifting and running outdoors
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    When I would go to the gym, I would print out lyrics of songs I wanted to learn and sit and read those while I listened to them.

Can't really do much else when you're riding a bicycle outdoors besides ride your bike.
  • emills1970
    emills1970 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I enjoy listening to music while working out on the treadmill and watching my husband lift weights...:love:
  • dough21
    dough21 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Blast the music on computer. I workout in my room. I don't like to do too much. It takes away from the intensity.
  • LeggyAmericanGirl
    LeggyAmericanGirl Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    breathe hard and try to not pass out
  • MsJulielicious
    MsJulielicious Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I listen to music, and daydream, and people watch. Sometimes I create fictional back stories for other regulars in my head,
  • carleighsmama
    carleighsmama Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    If I am on an elliptical or treadmill, I listen to music. I work out at home 99% of the time to the Just Dance series, so I listen to music all the time for that one obviously. :)
  • bartcal
    bartcal Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Just music and people watching (while on the elliptical). Just music the remainder of the time.
  • johnsonB2
    johnsonB2 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I like listening to music. There is a radio station out of New York that I listen to off of IHeart Radio. I also like to chew gum.
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    I'm always watching my form and preparing my mind for the next set.
  • speedgraphic19
    Options
    Mostly I listen to music, sometimes audio books. If I'm doing cardio I'll sometimes watch TV or netflix.

I don't understand how people can read while on the stationary bike or whatever. I have to be going impossibly slow in order to focus like that. Some people I see are studying textbooks while just pounding away on the elliptical etc, and I'm just like...HOW???
  • SunKissed1989
    SunKissed1989 Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Workout playlist on my iPod - listen to it as I get ready for my workout too...get 'pumped up' for it :smile:
  • ejmcam
    ejmcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    If you are focused on anything but working out, then you are not working out hard enough. I do listen to music, but its more of a background thing.
  • TitanKT
    TitanKT Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    It's definitely listening to music. I don't know how people read... seems like that would be difficult. There are a zillion TVs on in the gym, though, so I kind of look at TV as well. But really it's the music. Absolutely essential.
  • DDsMrs
    DDsMrs Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I don't do anything except PUSH< PUSH< PUSH. When going to the gym I usually take classes rather than stand on a treadmill in front of a mirror. Not that there is anything wrong with that, it just isn't my style. I've made many friends at the gym and we enjoy taking the classes together and encouraging each other. It's the best motivation for me. :happy:
  • FinallyFindingLisa
    FinallyFindingLisa Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Swimming I have a waterproof MP3 player - so music, I look forward to cardio sessions to read my book while listening to music. At home the TV is on all the time so the music & reading is my time