Your first concert?

Options

Replies

• Stacyplus5
    Options
    AC/DC Back in Black tour, Dallas TX Aug 1980, senior year. 3 days after my 17th birthday. it was awesome!
    \
    I would love to have done this!
  • rockangel8907
    rockangel8907 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    ThreeDogNight, 1996, I was 7 there ended up being tornadoes later that night. We had backstage passes and I got some guitar picks and drum sticks.
  • jvkh127
    jvkh127 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Def Leppard Hysteria Tour 1988. Meadowlands Arena in Rutherford New Jersey. I was 12 years old. We sat in the highest level, very last row! Nothing but wall behind us lol. Tickets were like $20 or something like that. Still had the best time though :smile:
  • Queen_JessieA
    Queen_JessieA Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    I didn't go to my first concert until 2004. Eric Clapton. I am not a fan.

Bon Jovi was way better :):)
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Metallica 1992 ...and justice for all in cleveland
  • Avandel
    Avandel Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Oh Lordy! The Beatles 1964 Toronto, Canada:cry:
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Styx and Bad Company. In like 2000, I think. I'm not much for concerts. I don't enjoy crowds, uncomfortable seats or really loud music. I'm old. lol
  • OddballExtreme
    OddballExtreme Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    My first REAL concert...is coming up on March 22nd. I'm going to see Sir Elton John without having to leave Montgomery at all! I do NOT want to drive to Birmingham, Atlanta, and other big cities just to see a concert.
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    TMNT
  • GlitterMamma11
    GlitterMamma11 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    NKOTB in 5th grade! lol
  • cococa
    cococa Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Everclear 1995
  • tidesong
    tidesong Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    A piano recital of one of the music faculty at the University of Wisconsin. I think I was 12. Yes, I'm a classical music nerd.
  • GlitterMamma11
    Options
    never been but going to Pink in March in NAshville

Perfect first concert! She puts on THE BEST show!
  • galilanee26
    galilanee26 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Sammy Hagar, 2007ish.

Mine was also Sammy Haggar. I think I was 14 and it was with my mom, sister, and sister's husband. I don't know if it counts if you go with your parents, lol.

Sammy wasn't my first concert but I saw him when he opened for Boston back in the late 70's. No one knew who he was, but he stole the show.

My first concert was Cheap Trick... a little bar in the middle of nowhere managed to book them just before they broke nationally. Incredible!
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    AC/DC Back in Black tour, Dallas TX Aug 1980, senior year. 3 days after my 17th birthday. it was awesome!
    \
    I would love to have done this!

Growing up with a Southern Baptist preacher for a father, I lived a pretty sheltered life, so that concert was quite an amazing experience! I later saw Van Halen and Loverboy in 1984. They were great too. Loverboy had an awesome laser show.
    I would love to go to some concerts now, but the tickets are so dang expensive, and my body probably couldn't handle it now. lol. I got old!
  • GlitterMamma11
    Options
    TMNT

Awesome! lol
  • jedikrissy
    jedikrissy Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Def Leppard!!!!!!! in 1995 in Winnipeg MB Canada!!!!!!!!! I was eleven years old! I even had words with Joe Elliott, I remember it like it was yesterday!
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    Emerson Lake and Palmer opening for Jethro Tull 1993 with my dad, rest his hippie soul.

I was 13 and it was *kitten* awesome.
  • spearfox
    spearfox Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I THINK it was Quiet Riot sometime around 1984
  • RideaYeti
    RideaYeti Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    ELO 1981