Options

Replies

• Synapze
    Synapze Posts: 499
    Options
    Im 36 and have a 17yo that tells ME to grow up! :laugh:
  • jasondcooper
    Options
    I will hit the big four-oh in August, but I'm at the highest fitness level and lowest weight of my adult life in part thanks to this site. I'd love to connect with more late 30s/early 40s types!
  • HoorayforScott
    Options
    Here is my recent pic....next month I turn 74 not bad huh?
  • 0408boys
    0408boys Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I am 38, but feel like 23.
  • Takes2long
    Takes2long Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    LOL...I have NO idea how old I look to other people. I don't think I look 43. Certainly don't feel 43. I'm more active(kickboxing, karate and muay thai), have more endurance and more muscles NOW than when I was younger and weighed less!!! LOL...although, i WOULD like to weigh less :laugh:

40 shmorty. Age is a state of mind:bigsmile:
  • trchristy
    trchristy Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Just turned 40 here *eep*

Still mentally freaked out by that, since mentally I'm stuck on about 25.....and coming to terms with a couple of facts:
    1) A 40 yr old me doesn't lose weight like the 25 year old me did
    2) A 40 year old me with a 1 hr commute each way, just doesn't have the 2+ hrs a day to spend at a gym like the 25 yr old me did
    3) A 40 year old me can't eat the same way I did at 25.....(meaning pretty much the exact sames foods daily for every meal, the husband would rebel at unseasoned skinless boneless chicken, steamed veg, and a couple of baby reds for dinner every night of the

feel free to add :) Always looking for additional motivators, and motivatees.

I can totally relate.. Feel this same turned 40 in Oct
  • trchristy
    trchristy Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Looks like we all have so much in common... Please feel free to add me as well. We all are in the same boat.. ;)
  • smgasch
    smgasch Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm 43 after 40 has been a yoyo of weight problems. Working on ending that cycle this time. Anyone can add me.....
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    42 and almost 43 here

ive never been accused of acting like it. probably more like 7th or 8th grade mentaility...but i tend to look at the funnier things in life than dwell on the sucky.

have been accused of lying about my age, but i guess thats not a bad thing to be accused of

i officially started seriously 6 months ago and have lost 60lbs so far....
  • Rockstar_JILL
    Rockstar_JILL Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I will be 42 in April of this year...I have lost 80 lbs. in the last 2 years and I am happier now than I have ever been! My 40's have been the best years of my life, so far!! I still act like a 16 year old some days.... ;)
  • bolesbe
    bolesbe Posts: 212
    Options
    43 and if I shave the grey beard off i have a baby face LOL I feel pretty dang good most of the time, life has been good post 40
  • purplecharm
    purplecharm Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I will be 44 in a few months and I don't feel as old as I am.
  • Tennolina
    Tennolina Posts: 2,413
    Options
    My life is just beginning! I'm 42 and NO, I'm not old! :)
  • shortyinspicewood
    Options
    43 and just signed up today! Looking forward to tracking my progress to lose the last 8 pounds of fat! I haven't added any friends yet. Feel free!
  • Stacyplus5
    Options
    Im 38 and totally love when my 16 yr olds friends tell him his sister has awesome legs, (no sister) and my 13 his friends thought I was his sister too and said wow your sisters hot! I love it yet I dont feel like I look younger but hey I will take it!
  • Helenov
    Helenov Posts: 56
    Options
    I'm late 30's, I hear what you're saying.

I'm always happy to have more friends on MFP, feel free to add me - that's an open invite to anyone non-judgmental.
  • brians_girl_89
    brians_girl_89 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    41 here and feeling better every day. Anyone wanting to add me, please feel free. :0)
  • emills1970
    emills1970 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I'm 42. Feel free to add me for support!
  • spinqueen72
    spinqueen72 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I'm 40...getting ready to turn 41 in a couple months. I can definitely tell younger people that it's MUCH harder to lose weight at this age! The metabolism just isn't what it used to be!
  • NYCbaby28
    Options
    Hey everyone! It's so funny...my home page reads, "Approaching 40 but feel like 20!" I go to law school with kids right out of college & they say I look like I'm in my late 20's...:o)) Please ADD ME!!!