Your first concert?

Options

Replies

• Stacyplus5
    Options
    AC/DC Back in Black tour, Dallas TX Aug 1980, senior year. 3 days after my 17th birthday. it was awesome!
    \
    I would love to have done this!

Growing up with a Southern Baptist preacher for a father, I lived a pretty sheltered life, so that concert was quite an amazing experience! I later saw Van Halen and Loverboy in 1984. They were great too. Loverboy had an awesome laser show.
    I would love to go to some concerts now, but the tickets are so dang expensive, and my body probably couldn't handle it now. lol. I got old!
    same problem I wasnt allowed to wear pants or listen to secular music haha moved out the day I turned 18 and never looked back
  • louiselebeau
    louiselebeau Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    The Bangles, I was 6. I think it was 1987.
  • hey_everyday
    hey_everyday Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Pearl Jam, Perth Entertainment Centre 1994
  • Tatonka_usn
    Tatonka_usn Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Heaven help me for admitting this, but Bryan Adams in October 1985.....*shudders at the thought*
  • ericaknight95
    ericaknight95 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Kenny Wayne Shepherd in 2010. I was 15 at the time.
  • ericaknight95
    ericaknight95 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Heaven help me for admitting this, but Bryan Adams in October 1985.....*shudders at the thought*

:drinker:
  • chelseabuns88
    chelseabuns88 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Spice Girls in 1998, before Geri left..

I don't really remember anything about it, other than being told off for dancing on my chair, buying a bright pink Spice Girls scarf and scribbling out Geri's face on my programme after she left later that year, haha..
  • MbiggsHFD319
    MbiggsHFD319 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    George Strait at the Woodward, OK Elks Lodge, in the fall of 1986 then again in OKC in the spring of 1987 ( His #7 tour)
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    Def Leppard. 1988.
  • TC1728
    TC1728 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Bachman Turner Overdrive, not sure on the year.
  • srm1960
    srm1960 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Bachman Turner Overdrive, not sure on the year.
    :bigsmile:

Mine too!!!!!!-I think 1974???-LOL- (The Forum-in CA.)

Then it was Seals & Croft 1975-YIkes??? I was 15
  • RobfromLakewood
    Options
    Go-Go's in 1983. :blushing:
  • ab_shutterbug
    ab_shutterbug Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Black Sabbath . . and it was awful! 2nd one was KISS - Much better! :*0
  • ab_shutterbug
    ab_shutterbug Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I saw that concert, too. I though Adams was better than Aerosmith!
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Family Values Tour 98 or 99 ( can't remember what year) in Portland, OR. Limp Bizkit, Korn, Staind, Primus......it was awesome!
  • upgetupgetup
    upgetupgetup Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    What the hell? People can remember this kind of thing? I think I've got it pegged but am not sure, feel like I'm missing something :frown:

It would have been in the early-mid 90s, so the problem's not related to age :/
  • dejastar
    dejastar Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    My first was New Kids. I have since seen many other concerts. My favorites are Umphrey's MeGee and Roger Clyne and The Peacemakers.
  • traceyjj
    traceyjj Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Rush, Permanent Waves tour... way back when :)

Swiftly followed by whitesnake, black sabbath, and the Police (not all one gig LOL)
  • NyxariaMoon
    NyxariaMoon Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Def Leppard - Pyromania Tour - May 21, 1983 - Veterns Memorial Coliseum, Jacksonville, Fl.
  • AmandasaurasRex
    Options
    Plus One concert when I was 12 or 13. My friend and I got bored, so we ran around the church it was being held at and she ran into a door and spilled her drink on the floor, I tripped over her and spilled mine too- on her. The only thing we had to clean it up with was the button up sweater jacket that turned my inappropriate dress into a manageable one. Lets just say my mom wasn't happy when she saw me with my wadded up white sweater with coke stains on it. She almost made me wear it, especially since we took pictures with the band afterwards! ROFL!