Do you treat yourself after weightloss?

Options

Replies

• Manapaws
    Manapaws Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    i really dont treat myself, but i do have a day a week i use as a cheat day if i so desire.
  • janeite1990
    janeite1990 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Non-food treats so I continue to change my attitude toward food. Massage, pedicure, hot new jeans, new JM video...stuff like that. Keep the motivation, but don't let it be food!
  • athenaheim
    athenaheim Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I'm realizing that I treat myself way too much with food, so I need to find different ways to treat myself than with food, especially since my 'treats' tend to be things like hot wings and ice cream.

But they are so good. Good job on your weight loss though.
  • _kannnd
    _kannnd Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    i lost more than expexted this week and wondered to you guys treat yourself in this position or carry on with the diet?

My rewards to myself usually have to do with shoes or body mods. I got pierced when I hit 15 lbs lost. I have a tatt planned for 20lbs lost. When I first started, the hubby made a deal with me that for every 5lbs gone, I got a new pair of shoes. :)

I don't really reward myself with food.
  • Vegan_Runner
    Vegan_Runner Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I do. With a massage, new workout clothes or tickets to an event I want to see.
  • NRSPAM
    NRSPAM Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    If you want to treat yourself with food, maybe you could do it by going to a restaurant, but getting a low cal meal, or treating yourself by getting something healthy, but something you wouldn't normally get. For instance, I love sushi, but usually don't eat it, because it's kind of expensive. Maybe some crablegs, easy on the butter. :) I love sea food, but like I said...expensive! :) Or you could do a new outfit, instead.
  • pamwhite712
    pamwhite712 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Lots of different views i like it, i dont agree with the people saying treating yourself is like a dog at all and i see no problem with treating yourself with food, I love pizza and havent had one since the diet but if i cut it out completely ill break, having a pizza but staying under my calorie goal is a treat and will keep the cravings away for a while.

I had pizza last night. And I stayed within my calorie goal. It's entirely doable.
  • coppertop_4
    coppertop_4 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Lots of different views i like it, i dont agree with the people saying treating yourself is like a dog at all and i see no problem with treating yourself with food, I love pizza and havent had one since the diet but if i cut it out completely ill break, having a pizza but staying under my calorie goal is a treat and will keep the cravings away for a while.

So make pizza at home!!! Control your ingredients and it doesn't have to be "bad" to have pizza!!!
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Heck yeah I do for every 10lbs I lost I get to buy something.
  • Kadesha72
    Kadesha72 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I small edible treat is good every so often... but I'm hoping to treat my first 25 lbs with a massage.... new clothes... things that aren't food.

That being said.... if I've been thinking about one particular thing all week that is unhealthy, I save it til Saturday, when I don't try SO hard to stay to my calories, and then I don't gorge on the thing, just have enough to satisfy myself that I had it (it usually works into my calorie goal though).... except this Saturday. My birthday... too many free desserts and such were offered!! LOL
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    I don't. But I am not motivated by rewards. Some people are and do.
    For me, the feeling and how I look is my reward.
  • Anycleavers
    Anycleavers Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Beer. I cut out beer because it's so high in calories. Now I pick out a craft brew that I have been wanting to try and just stick to one and still stay within my goals.
  • lizjohnson2169
    Options
    If pizza is what you want your reward to be then I wouldn't recommend going all out and getting a large meat lovers. Lean cuisine makes a 3 meat pizza that is pretty good. I also love pizza and it@ 380 calories satisfies my craving. If you don't want to try a microwave pizza but would prefer pizza hut or papa johns ect.. both have healthier options then their greasy meats.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    you should treat yourself every day. life is for living.
  • mrsburghart
    mrsburghart Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I don't treat myself with food, but every 10 lbs I give myself something I want. For instance, when I hit 10 lbs I got a pedicure. At 50lbs, I'm buying myself a gps HRM. When I hit my goal weight, it's allowing myself to get that new car that I want, but don't necessarily need....
  • Routerninja
    Options
    No food rewards. I think that's a bad precedent to set. If you want something, eat it, but don't gorge yourself.

*A* Slice of Pizza
    *A* Cookie

Denying yourself things you want will just set you up for failure. You should be able to have anything you want in moderation, and as long as it's within your limits you set for yourself.

That being said, I do a non-food reward system. Every milestone I buy a Bluray, a video game, a new gadget, etc.
  • millipedey
    Options
    A treat, but not often food. I treat myself to a book or something instead.
  • bpotts44
    bpotts44 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    i lost more than expexted this week and wondered to you guys treat yourself in this position or carry on with the diet?

Never reward yourself with food. Bad to do with kids as well.
  • wendybird5
    wendybird5 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Usually I reward weight loss with new clothes and a ceremonial purging of the clothes that are suddenly too big. That way I have to maintain my size or else I'm going to have to go spend more money to buy bigger clothes.
  • fatnomore201220132014
    Options
    I usually treat myself to a new piece of workout gear. Sometimes I allow myself a beer. lol