30 Day Shred!

Options

Replies

• lindaamarie
    Options
    I'm starting it....and completing it this time!
  • Rhozelyn
    Rhozelyn Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    How heavy are the weights that you are using?
  • selflove916
    Options
    I'm starting i tonight :)
  • ashlee2901
    Options
    i use 5kg weights!
    level 1 - day four completed, its getting easier now!
  • MomiTia
    MomiTia Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    L1 day 5 today yeah it gets easier, but i was using coke cans, today it will b weights
  • gettingfit65
    gettingfit65 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Level 2 Day 1 done. Nine to go....Weighed and measured yesterday. Looks like I was down 2 lbs and 4 1/2 inches.:happy:
  • naturallyrandom
    naturallyrandom Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm starting 30 Day Shred tomorrow. I had a Target gift card laying around and since I needed to run there to get soap and I said...hmmm lets stroll over to the fitness section and what did I find....this DVD everyone is talking about. I'll track my stats at Day 1, (considering Day 15) and definitely Day 30. I've never actually focused on measurements...just pounds. So I'll get my hubby to help me measure along the way. Kinda excited, let's see where this goes!
  • kerryoneill22
    kerryoneill22 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hey really pleased with the results that i am getting from the 30 day shred, not that the scales are saying much but my shape is changing, took my measurements and photos again on Saturday a week on, and i have lost 2 inches on my bust, 2 inches from my waist and 1/2 inch from my hips, so i am really pleased.

I start level 2 today, so i think i might ache a bit tomorrow but with results like that it is all worth it.
  • SchizJophrenic
    SchizJophrenic Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Level 1 day 5 completed today.
    Squats and lunges are getting deeper for me. YAY! (I have really bad flexibility, so it is awesome to see it is getting better). Still doing easy "female" push ups, but able to push more out.

Have been using 2kg weights, but looking at upping it to 5kg. :)

Anyone feel free to add me for support :D

Starting measurements were:

Weight: 92.4 kg
    Height: 172cm

Chest: 101cm
    Waist: 92cm
    Abdomen: 97cm
    Buttocks: 107.5cm
    Distal Thigh: 57cm
    Calf : 40cm
    Bicep: 34cm
  • ellebegood
    Options
    Level 1 Day 7 today and weighed in at 3 lbs lost. I took measurements on day 1 but don't want to measure again until day 15 at least (to see biggest results). I started with soup cans as weighs but now use 3 lbs weights (when i finally got around to the store to buy them) and those side lunges and raises are kicking my butt!!!! Also, all that jumping around is getting easier but i honestly think thats the most difficult part of the whole thing!
  • flutterbug123
    flutterbug123 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm on level 2 day 3 ADD ME
  • McGlitterPants
    McGlitterPants Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I bought the DVD yesterday, and starting today! I did it for a week once when it was on my OnDemand menu, but it went away. Excited to see what it does for me.
  • SophieC19
    SophieC19 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Going to start 30 day shred right now after reading all these posts :) I never managed to stick with it but I am going to try again :D
  • heronfolder
    heronfolder Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I started on 23/1/12 so today will be my day 6 when I get home from work tonight.

My start weight (having been on a 1270 cal diet for the week prior) was 156lb, i'm 5'2" so trying to get to 135 and then take it from there.

Today is the first day i've woken up and my muscles (particularly my thighs) have felt ok. Waking up on day 3 was KILLER but if you push through it will get better.

I can't help myself measuring and weighing (too excited to see results) and so far i've lost about 2lb but also 1" off my waist, 1" off my hips. In real terms, I tried on a pair of summer shorts to see how well they fit now. They're the kind that you breathe in, do them up and then have a muffin top and hold your stomach in all day. WELL, today they fitted better! So that's something.

I only got 5.5 hrs sleep last night (my own fault for staying up late) and felt fine. Usually i'd be feeling like a giant bed slug and just lethargic all morning. I actually feel like I have some energy back!

If this is only after 5 days, I can't wait til the end of 30. Thinking of tackling Insanity once i'm done. Or maybe Ripped in 30 (another Jillian dvd) first.

By the way, if you're in the UK and wondering where sells handweights for a decent price, Tesco are selling a set of 3x pairs (1kg, 1.5kg and 3kg) for about £13.50 ish.
  • friendtotortoise
    friendtotortoise Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I will be on day 5, level 1 today. Day 2 was slighty easier for me than Day 1, but after Day3 I was totally zonked. I was absolutely exhausted and just kept feeling like I needed to literally go back to sleep! After eating a good breakfast and spending much of the day sitting playing board games with my family I felt recuperated enough to do Day 4. Now I feel millions of times better. So keep pushing through it!
  • DiamondJen
    Options
    To motivate myself to keep going at it hard, I keep telling my self "It's only 20 minutes, it's only 20 minutes, it's only 20 minutes"
    Then for each rep, like for cardio it's 2 minutes but she breaks it down to 30 seconds jumping jacks, 30 jump rope, 30 jacks, 30 rope. so I say "it's only 30 seconds on jumping jacks, only 30 seconds, only 30 seconds"
    If I concentrate on each only being a small amount of time, I am able to go all at it and push through to the end...
    It's only 20 Minutes total.
    YOU CAN DO IT!!!
  • sperocras
    sperocras Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I just got this DVD in my hands this morning, so I'll be doing my first day of Level 1 tonight. I'm likely to do more than 10 days on each level though. I'm kind of scared, but determined.
  • Shhhalan
    Shhhalan Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies, today will be (I work out in the evening) Level 1 Day 8 for me. For those of you taking a rest day, when are you doing that? One day a week, one day every 10 days etc?
  • cpa6533
    cpa6533 Posts: 12
    Options
    Tonight will be day 7 of level 1 for me. It's a bit easier, but still kicking my butt! I've gotten tired of listening to Jillian say the same thing over and over, so now I wear headphones and that helps me a lot. The music distracts me, so I don't focus on how much pain I'm in! Also, I can't really do the jump rope because of knee pain, but I still do the arms and kind of bounce up and down on my toes. It's a little less impact for me.
    I haven't seen much movement on the scale, but I have lost inches in only 7 days. That's pretty motivating! I'm trying so hard to stay committed to doing the whole 30 days.
  • BlazingJaya
    BlazingJaya Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm on Day 24- I had to have a 5 day break due to illness, so my Day24 is actual exercise days. Starting L3 tonite!!