Green Coffee Bean Extract... results?

Options

Replies

• Sportsgrl
    Options
    My Mom and I bought a 2 month supply of the Green Bean Extract and we bought the expensive ones....to be honest, neither one of us has lost any weight or felt any different. So I am not sure if it works better for others or not....:smile:
  • nicki2415
    Options
    A couple of my mother's friends are taking them. One has lost 17 lbs in three weeks, not eating differently or exercising. She is 5 foot 5 and starting weight was 160. The other one's starting weight was 150, and has lost 10 lbs so far.
  • wilez
    wilez Posts: 2
    Options
    I read through all the posts hoping to find different brands that people had used that worked. The only brand I saw was the Walmart brand and I'm gathering that one is a fake. Does it have Svetol and 45% or more of chlorogenic Acid? Can anyone tell me what brand they used that they know worked very well? Thanks.
  • wilez
    wilez Posts: 2
    Options
    I want to update on my post above. I did more research and found out that Svetol is owned by Naturex and the Walmart product PURE HEALTH is one of their recommended products ... as is the following brands ....Geneis Today, Re-body, ResVitale, Reserveage, Vitamin World, Puritan's Pride, Nutrigold, Sports Research, and a few others that you can find on the Naturex website.
  • tpt1950
    tpt1950 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    My sister bought them and has been taking them for about 3 months. Her energy level is up her weight is NOT down. I am sure that this product probably "works" for some and doesn't for others. She bought the most expensive on the internet and then also purchased those that Wal-Mart is now selling on an end-cap where they sell their vitamins at a much more economical price. I did not try them, however, I believe that no matter what everyone says that has taken these, everyone is different, so the only way to truly tell how they will work for you is to get them and try them - or just lose weight naturally, by working hard, being persistent and not giving up. Good Luck :)
  • staciedee10
    staciedee10 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I bought the product and took them for a month and have actually GAINED weight. I stopped taking them and decided to go back to eating right and exercising to get back in shape. The only thing the pill may do for anyone is give them an extra bit of coffee energy. Forget the pill and drink some coffee. BUMMED that it did not work like everyone said it would. :-P
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    My father swallowed these, along with a few other recommendations by Dr Quack.
    He got heart palpitations at the study dosage. No weight loss.

These have now been dumped as well as Dr Oz.
  • karaharrison2012
    karaharrison2012 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I have lost 43 lbs strickly with MFP alone, I am taking Green Coffee capsules now to see if they can help me through a plateau. We will see what happens.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    My father swallowed these, along with a few other recommendations by Dr Quack.
    He got heart palpitations at the study dosage. No weight loss.

These have now been dumped as well as Dr Oz.
    Smart move on both counts.

Somebody made a good point in one of these "magic pill" threads....if all this junk worked, wouldn't Oprah be the most slender and fit woman in the world by now? She's one of the richest (if not THE richest) women in the world, has Dr. Oz and all his "magic" at her beck and call - yet she yo-yos up and down like a hot air balloon and can't seem to maintain her weight loss. That should speak volumes about the effectiveness of all those "magic pills".
  • jeremy268
    Options
    First off I know everyone that's on the Internet thinks they are a know it all. Apparently I'm one of those just for this topic.
    To answer your question, yes they do work! How they work is simple.
    The green coffee bean is not roasted so it still has all it's properties in it. I.E. chlorogenic acid.
    It has to be pure 100% pure and at lest 45 to 50% chlorogenic acid in it.
    Now what that stuff does is ion so many words bypasses the liver (fats)(suger) so it does not process it. What that means for someone like me who is chunky is it does not cause it to be stored where the (energy) fat will sit and collect giving you that wonderful muffin top affect:) I'm not a doctor and this stuff is not magic but I've been using it on a 1200 to 1500 calorie diet with no exercise at all (yet). I am 6'1 and started out at 268.8 lbs and now weigh in at 255.0 lbs. pretty sexy I think. I know some of you will say "It's because of the cut down on calories!" And I'll say "is it though?" "Is it?" I eat what ever I want but don't go nuts and no fried food at all. I also try to cut down on my carbs because fat people like us don't need it like runners do. The green bean coffee extract when taken makes your body burn off your stored fat as energy instead of storing it.
    As with anything beware of fakes. Some companies will put suger inside the pills and an easy way to tell it has to say 100% real or pure have 45 to 50% chlorogenic acid and taste very very bitter.
    So it does work but again if you take it, you won't be at your goal in a week it makes the process a little faster that's all and it helps lower blood presure . Some will still tell you it's a scam but its kinda like taken fish oil. Most know it works but how did they determine this? Studies. Someone had to try it first to prove it worked.
    And the star bucks thing Is BS because the roasted the bean in hot temps causing the been to lose the chlorogenic acid. And it's not the caffine because raw beans have way less caffine then roasted ones.
    Btw I've been on my diet for 21/2 weeks.
    Now, who's going to say I'm wrong because someone will. They always do! Everyone's smarter on the Internet.:)
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    First off I know everyone that's on the Internet thinks they are a know it all. Apparently I'm one of those just for this topic.
    The green coffee bean is not roasted so it still has all it's properties in it. I.E. chlorogenic acid.
    Now what that stuff does is ion so many words bypasses the liver (fats)(suger) so it does not process it. What that means for someone like me who is chunky is it does not cause it to be stored where the (energy) fat will sit and collect giving you that wonderful muffin top affect:) I'm not a doctor and this stuff is not magic but I've been using it on a 1200 to 1500 calorie diet with no exercise at all (yet). I am 6'1 and started out at 268.8 lbs and now weigh in at 255.0 lbs. pretty sexy I think. I know some of you will say "It's because of the cut down on calories!" And I'll say "is it though?" "Is it?" I eat what ever I want but don't go nuts and no fried food at all. I also try to cut down on my carbs because fat people like us don't need it like runners do. The green bean coffee extract when taken makes your body burn off your stored fat as energy instead of storing it.
    As with anything beware of fakes. Some companies will put suger inside the pills and an easy way to tell it has to say 100% real or pure have 45 to 50% chlorogenic acid and taste very very bitter.
    So it does work but again if you take it, you won't be at your goal in a week it makes the process a little faster that's all and it helps lower blood presure . Some will still tell you it's a scam but its kinda like taken fish oil. Most know it works but how did they determine this? Studies. Someone had to try it first to prove it worked.
    And the star bucks thing Is BS because the roasted the bean in hot temps causing the been to lose the chlorogenic acid. And it's not the caffine because raw beans have way less caffine then roasted ones.
    Now, who's going to say I'm wrong because someone will. They always do! Everyone's smarter on the Internet.:)

Were you tracking caloric intake?
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options

Wait, what? What does your liver have to do with a muffin top? Abdominal fat and fatty liver disease are not the same thing. Abdominal fat is caused by fat depots in your belly. If your liver is causing you to look obese, then you have much more serious health concerns than being over weight...

Besides, even if the green coffee bean bypassed the liver, everything else you eat still gets processed through your intestines and liver. What you are saying is making absolutely no sense, and yes, your weight loss is because you've restricted your calories to 1200 a day (a ridiculously low number anyway.)

Also, roasting actually decreases caffeine. Raw coffee beans have the most caffeine in them, the longer it's roasted, the less caffeine is in the bean. This is why lighter roasts have more caffeine than darker roasts.

Oh, and the chlorogenic acid you're so excited about? It's in pretty much every plant. You'll find it quite abundant in most fruits and vegetables. Probably in much higher amounts than a ridiculous supplement like green coffee beans, which are really just caffeine shots. And the bitterness is from caffeine, caffeine is an incredibly bitter tasting substance.
  • Shawnalafray
    Options
    I didn't read all of the responses so pardon me if this is a duplicate thought. I have taken the Green Tea capules before. Are they effective? I'd say yes. I took 1 in the morning and 1 at lunch because I was cautioned about not being about to sleep if taken late. For me, the it didn't curb my cravings or anything like that. It makes you poop. Alot. But its regular. Nothing sudden or uncontrollable. :wink: Good luck!
  • cmelot
    cmelot Posts: 1
    Options
    I've been taking it for 5 weeks now and I've lost 0 pounds. I plan on taking my 3 months worth but the results are not looking promising.
  • chanadeturnbull
    Options
    what brand did you use please x
  • nesper1
    nesper1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just got some today from the local herbal store. The man that owns this store has done so much research and has even developed his own products. He refuses to carry anything in his store that hasn't been studied or has health risks. I was told to take 200mg, two times a day. The ones I bought do not carry caffeine, for everyone saying it's the caffeine!! It has other health benefits also..helps lower blood pressure as well as control blood sugar for those that are diabetic. Like I said today is day 1, will report back after a week of use. I am not looking for a quick fix, but maybe something to help make it a bit easier.
  • shermangirl2
    Options
    I am on day 3 of green coffee bean extract. I purchased 400 milligrams (39.00 $)(taking it two times a day) at atkins health food store. im trying to lose body fat percentage and give me more energy. this is an experiment curious if it will work.
  • EdwardsY
    EdwardsY Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have been trying Greek Coffee ULTRA for about 2 weeks now, i dont do it faithfully thought, i have a problem with sticking to things, but i lost about 11lbs and thats only taking 1 or 2 a day ( if i remember). the recomended dose is 3 times a day 30 mins before a meal, but i dont do that part ither, maybe i would get better results if i did...
  • Missyann68
    Missyann68 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Hexahedra
    Hexahedra Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I use it and it works, but not much. However, this could be because I am not on a strictly weight loss plan. I would like to lose fat while gaining muscle, so the lost weight would be minimal. My daily limit is set to my correct TDEE (sedentary office job) then I eat back all my exercise calories spent. I think I lose about half a pound a week at most, but my pants size is down by 2 inches.

The way I see it these pills just give me a slight boost in my quest for fat loss. However, only exercise and a sensible diet can keep me at the desired body fat level.