tortillas- I will miss u!

Options
13»

Replies

• allisonlane61
    allisonlane61 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Well, if you want to eat how our ancestors did, raw is definitely NOT the way to go. Homo erectus (our direct ancestor) was cooking food with fire 1 million years ago. The human digestive system is based on cooked food.

I do eat my meat cooked, just like our ancestors. And just like our grazing relatives, I stick mostly with my veggies raw.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    There are many different brands of tortillas with many different calorie and carb combinations. Try looking for another brand. You can also use whole lettuce leaves or romaine leaves in place of a tortilla if you want to have more than you have allowed for your tortillas for the day.
  • SunshineT83
    SunshineT83 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Have you tried making your tortillas? Corn tortillas are actually REALLY simple to make and are only about 50 calories and somewhere around 12 carbs each depending on the size. All you need is a tortilla press (you can even find them at Bed Bath & Beyond), some Masa Harina, a little salt, and warm water. They are much less "offensive" to eat and less time consuming to make than their delicious counterpart the lard & flour tortilla. :devil:
    I'm from Texas so I can completely relate to the pain of losing tortillas. So I chose not to let them go completely but instead to eat corn more often (making them myself) and to load up on the veggies so that I would be okay with eating 2 intead of 4. Good Luck
  • jr1985
    jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    I eat Santa Fe Homestyle whole wheat tortillas... LOADS of fiber and I love them... You may want to try them if you don't want to cut out tortillas from your diet.
  • cksoto
    cksoto Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I love my corn tortillas and have already given up flour, there is no way I'm giving up my corn ones. They have carbs yes, but not so much that means you should swear them off. I have tostadas 2x a week for lunch, I bake the corn tortillas in the oven with a bit of cayenne added to them and they are delicious!! Don't give up stuff just cuz they may have a bit of carbs, just continue to watch your carb intake and you will be fine. :heart:
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Never cut out something you use so often! Just find a good alternative :) Even if you have to make it yourself to make it an alternative.

I have seen quite a number lower in carbs though, just keep looking through the shelfs and find some that you'd like and compare brands for the best option.
  • deb2799
    deb2799 Posts: 45
    Options
    I like the Carb Chopper white ones. They are 4 net carbs each
  • all4my3boyz
    all4my3boyz Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I eat lots of carbs and I'm still losing... Peanut M&M's and chips and salsa are a staple at my house!