Grossed out!! Can't eat!

Options

Replies

• quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options

As long as I don't see what I'm about to eat being prepared, then I'm happy remain blissfully ignorant about what small creatures may or may not have been crawling on it.

My philosophy exactly. In this case, ignorance is bliss.
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    holy *kitten*....if it was on FBook and TV it must be true.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    When I was in college, I would eat dinner not looking down at my plate because the meats were so horrible looking.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Living and growing vegetables here in farm country, bugs don't really bother me. Unless it's a spider..alive,,crawling on me. Back to topic,, you wouldn't be safe with just veggies either. Libbys grows pumpkins here and they are 'allowed' only a percentage of protein in their canned pumpkin. Well, you don't get protein from pumpkins, so guess where it's coming from? Yep, bugs! That applies to other vegetables too, even ketchup. At least bugs wont hurt you like the tons and tons of chemicals they spray on the crops.
  • SoozeE512
    SoozeE512 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I've found bugs in my vegetables before.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Spiders crawl into your mouth sometimes when you are sleeping.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    You'll get hungry enough soon. Just think of it as extra protein.

Does MFP have a calorie count for them?

I gotta make sure I'm logging everything!

IIFYM...
  • dayquil
    Options
    I watched Food, Inc on netflix a few years ago.

I will honestly say, I have never been the same. I won't go so far as to say I'm "vegetarian" but I do struggle buying/cooking raw meat (always have, but much worse now).
  • SDHudgins1976
    Options
    Ok so there is information for some of the bug world in MFP, I would love to link the information but can't seem to...
    But just in case you're wondering Crickets-yes, Maggots- yes, Ants-yes, but I lost interest after fly and spider came back void.

*hangs head in shame* I know I'm bad I couldn't help myself.
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options

do you suck them in when you breathe in ?
  • SDHudgins1976
    Options
    You'll get hungry enough soon. Just think of it as extra protein.

Does MFP have a calorie count for them?

I gotta make sure I'm logging everything!

MFP has calorie count on Crickets, Ants, and Maggots... just can't figure out how to make the links to the info work :D hehee

I blame you for making me look just for the record... I blame work for making me enough of a troll today to attempt to post the links
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Just think of them as another protein source..... :drinker:
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options

do you suck them in when you breathe in ?

I guess so. I don't know, though. I'm asleep when it happens.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Don't drink water...fish make love and poop in it.
  • Sandytoes71
    Sandytoes71 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Most everything you eat will have unfavorable things in it.
    Meat (from mass producers) have feces, bacteria, etc.
    Market vegetables have those same as stated above, plus occasional live creatures.
    Milk has pus, blood, and scabs in it.
    As others have said, you've been fine up until now, and there isn't much way to avoid it unless you grow and butcher your own food.

Oh my! U just seriously grossed me out with the milk lmao!!
  • leopardjunkie
    Options
    I can overlook some of it like the amount of rat hair allowed in peanut butter. But If pass a thing of canned mushrooms or marichino cherries it makes me want to throw up in my mouth a little bit :) Pretty much not going to eat canned mushrooms while knowing it same with marichino cherries. Oh and raspberry candy...nope but most of it I can overlook or just prefer not to hear what is in it!
  • leopardjunkie
    Options
    ha ha then there is pistachios...I allways make sure to have a few ready to eat so if I get one one questionable one where it has either gone bad or you ate a dead bug you can just throw a bunch more in and chew really fast to try and forget! HA HA blech
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    MmmProtein.png
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    When my wife was young in England, they fished with maggots as bait. When it was really cold, they'd keep them in their mouths so they wouldn't freeze and stay nice and wiggly... :laugh:
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,638 Member
    Options
    Don't overthink it