What is the biggest unexpected surprise after losing weight?

Options

Replies

• ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    HOLY HELL! If the sex get betters with weight loss I might end up killing my partners. MWAHAHAHA! cant wait.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,871 Member
    Options
    I wasn't expecting to ever like having my picture taken. These days i'm happy to smile for the camera instead of hiding behind the dog. :bigsmile:

I'm also cold all the time! Two pairs of socks, layers of shirts, and still constantly messing with the thermostat.

Do you know if you're getting enough iron? A lack of iron often results in being cold all of the time.
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options
    The thing that has surprised me the most is how many people tell me I am an inspiration for them to lose weight.
  • thenewleda
    thenewleda Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I have really enjoyed the little surprises. Realizing I was putting on socks while standing up... with complete balance to boot. Washing my face and feeling my jawline. Finding out that I was strong enough to assemble my daughter's solid oak bunk beds on my own. :smile:

I love all the big surprises that people mentioned above too. It's especially exciting when people don't recognize you!
  • djames92
    djames92 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    the love from the ladies lol
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    That I wasn't done! Geeze, I thought this would all end with weight loss. No! Now I have to track my fitness, my nutrition, my MFP friends. Now I have to motivate people and let them motivate me. I'm sure someday I will be here less frequent, but the most surprising thing to me is my addiction to improve myself because of the motivation I receive from others.
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    My belly button changed shape AND location. It's an inch higher now, and vertical instead of horizontal. Really weird thing to notice in progress pics.
  • beautsarah
    beautsarah Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Actuate16
    Actuate16 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    My friends always told me that as you age you either love your face or your *kitten*. Now I get it. I look older but thinner. But hey my *kitten* looks good :)
  • ImmaZombie
    Options
    My sex drive went through the roof! I never realized how much my body image and self-esteem affected my libido. But now that I know I look hot, I wanna GET hot, noddamsayin? *Elbow, nudge, wink, wink*

Hilarious! Can't wait to feel that way. lol
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    since no guys have said it. apparently every 30-40lbs you lose youre little soldier is said to gain an inch.

now, im not sure cause i dont have two yardsticks to properly measure but.....
  • BettyIW
    BettyIW Posts: 103
    Options
    My feet got smaller! Went from a 9/9.5 to an 8.

I chuckled when I read this because my sandals started to get really sloppy on my feet!! I paid a lot of money for those sandals. I discovered they were sloppy because I had lost weight in my FEET!!! I had to tighten the strap on my sandals. I just never thought about my feet getting smaller!!! But hey, I like it!! No complaints here. :wink:
  • hph442
    hph442 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    My sex drive went through the roof! I never realized how much my body image and self-esteem affected my libido. But now that I know I look hot, I wanna GET hot, noddamsayin? *Elbow, nudge, wink, wink*

^^this, after three years without, I suddenly got my drive back
  • Kimbrlee715
    Kimbrlee715 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I had lost nearly 50 Lbs last year, not to mention 185 lbs of useless BF weight, I was single and skinnier and I felt GOOD. The fact that I knew I looked good certainly helped. I was never without a date on a Friday night, and enjoyed every minute. And then I fell in love and gained 15 Lbs back :( haha He's worth the extra work though :)
  • healthyformeanMona
    healthyformeanMona Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    that is a good quesiton! I am not at goal yet, but getting close. I am surprised how much more pleasant I am to be around. And also, I realized I was kind of emotionally tied to my extra weight. I am still processing that.
  • liesevanlingen
    liesevanlingen Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Being cold and having a increased sex drive were two things I really noticed, too.
  • KyahRose86
    Options
    Lot of people telling me as of recently that I'm an inspiration for them to get back on track, exercise, eat healthy, etc.
    My biggest unexpected surprise after losing weight was I noticed for the first time, that my inner thighs no longer seem to excuse and pardon each other when I walk. When I first noticed this, it felt very weird, and odd...but now, I like the feeling as it means I've lost weight, and am soo happy. I still have a lot more to lose, but this was probably my most shocking surprise.
    My biggest unexpected surprise after losing the weight I have so far...was how much and often I touch my neck (collar bone) area. Feeling the bones there now, feels just...hard to explain. But when I noticed it at first it was like, "OMG! I have bones!!!" and it almost seems like a habit to just touch them, and such. :laugh:
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    mostly reaction from people.
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    I lost some overweight friends. I never would have thought in a million years that my friends would abandon me after I lost the weight, but sure enough, they are long gone. :cry:
  • bemott
    bemott Posts: 180
    Options
    Am about 60 lbs down from a year ago.
    Was down to 147 but back to like 156 right now.
    5'6'' (thought I was 5'7'' until today!)
    Negative: My tailbone REALLY hurts when I sit. Well more when I actually get up.
    Colder easier.

Positive: So many. Am visible now in a way I never was before. People are actually kinder and do treat me with more respect (sadly).
    I am a bit vain all of a sudden. Enjoying mirrors and taking too many "selfies" as I heard the kids call the m (photos of self).
    I love to cook and am decent at it. Hated it before.
    Sick much less.
    Stomach issues mostly cleared up.
    Sometimes I feel like I'm floating when I walk. I feel so light.
    People seem to like me more and feel like I'm more approachable, but I know that too has to do with my attitude, confidence.
    Wearing much more feminine outfits.
    Enjoy shopping.
    There are tons. Great question.
    The thing that surprised me the most I think is how much nicer people are to me. And that does make me sad.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!