What is the biggest unexpected surprise after losing weight?

Options

Replies

• willprovost
    willprovost Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Even just 20 pounds down, I can roll onto my stomach in bed .Comfortably, I mean... that's kind of cool!
  • willprovost
    willprovost Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, and the motorcycle is more wheelie prone, LOL... Surprise!
  • NRBreit
    NRBreit Posts: 319 Member
    Options

Negative: My tailbone REALLY hurts when I sit. Well more when I actually get up.

Yep, I have this problem too.
  • the_great_unknown
    the_great_unknown Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I had a weird moment a few weeks ago when I went to lunch with some coworkers and we all rode in one car. When I was heavier, someone would suggest that I sit in front (because I needed the room, of course) and then three smaller people would squeeze together in the back. Not this time. Apparently I am not "automatic shotgun size" anymore.
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,232 Member
    Options
    I am freezing, all the time (yes, I get plenty of iron-I'm assuming it's because 75lbs of insulation is gone).

And my weird one is that I feel like peope are constantly in my "space"-like always too close. I think this is probably because I still don't "see" the change. I am about 12" smaller around than I was, but I don't see it or feel it. I'm assuming that since I occupy a foot less space (not really, but not getting into geometry), I just feel like people are in my "space" that used to be occupied by flab and I still feel like it is. Idk - but people really need to back off - do you really need to stand that close to me in line at the store?

It also surprises me that I don't see it. I was wearing a size 20/22, now I'm in 8/10. How can I not see that? I honestly don't know-but I really don't. And that is a surprise to me. Everyone else sees it-but I don't.
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Cold all the time now. Also, it seems harder these days to find stuff that I like in my size than when I wore a 42-44 jean and a 2x-3x shirt.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    The thing that has surprised me the most is how many people tell me I am an inspiration for them to lose weight.
    You too? I get this as well.
  • jennimben
    jennimben Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    The most surprising is that the insides of my knees have bruises from sleeping on my sides, not enough fat pad now! Kind of funny when it finally dawned on me!
    An awesome feeling is that my butt doesn't hang down and touch the back of my thighs causing a sticky feeling when I walk. Kind of like getting rid of the inner thigh rub!
    And a great thing happened today when I went to purchase new bras- lost inches around but not so much the cup (whew. The saleslady called me "one of those tiny gals" and had to go searching for my size! NEVER heard myself referenced as tiny!
  • megleo818
    megleo818 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    The first unexpected surprise I remember happened when I was in the pantry-type closet we have that's a weird shape and tends to collect odds and ends back in the corner. I went back there for something and was able to move around remarkably easily. When I was done scrambling through the accumulated junk, I just stood there and felt ... small. In a good way. Bizarre feeling!

The one that hit me this week is that I never realized before that part of me dreaded traveling because I was going to have to plan my wardrobe and try to look presentable for strangers. Like when we went to Barcelona a few years back, I didn't want to look like a typical, fat American. It was stressful and horribly depressing. Especially true with international travel, for some reason. Anyway, the other day when my husband and I were talking about our upcoming trip to Cuba, I realized that I'm REALLY looking forward to packing! I have lots and lots of cute, small clothes that will be so much fun to wear in the hot weather. It's amazing to me that didn't truly recognize how affected I was by being overweight and how much of a damper it put on both my day-to-day and my extraordinary experiences. Talk about emotional baggage! Wow.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Oh surprise, men like me again. Suddenly I'm the nicest sweetest smartest funniest girl in the world.
  • cryswest57
    cryswest57 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    My surprise...that my friends and family think I look good lol! I'm almost 4 months post-partum. I still have some ab separation and a little pooch, but it has definitely improved. I tend to be too critical of myself which is not good.
  • sweetchildomine
    sweetchildomine Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I was surprised that I feel no different than I did when I was overweight. Yes, I feel stronger and more energetic BUT I still have bad self esteem issues and when I go shopping I almost ALWAYS pick out a size that is much too big for me. Weight loss may change your outside but you still have to fix what's going on inside that brain of yours!
  • tsikkz
    tsikkz Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I never realized how broad my shoulders are until I lost weight, also I never thought I would lose all my boobs

I totally agree about the lose skin even though I didn't lose that much, I really thought I wouldn't have skin as a problem but I do
  • RandiLandCHANGED
    RandiLandCHANGED Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I find that people are friendlier.
  • hulahooper17
    Options
    I simply lost around 10 pounds over a summer in high school, but it did wonders for my confidence. I suddenly felt beautiful and ready to take on the world. Apparently others picked up on this, because I became more social and ended up with my first boyfriend, who said he fell in love because my " amazing body was only an added perk to my gorgeous personality." I don't think this would have ever happened without the confidence boost that came from weight loss.
  • RockstarPunch
    RockstarPunch Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    :glasses: people act a little funny and some are a little rude with responses like:laugh: "wow, your so small now, you lost so much weight!" and sometimes you cant help but think:huh: wow i wanted to lose weight but i didnt think every one thought i was "sooo big" . you start focusing on other areas, rather then just loss but maintence, you need:heart: NEW clothes because you have the "sagging" problem:tongue: . you spend money on new clothes and other odds and ends so your focused on staying that size, some people save a pair of "fat pants" to remember how far theyve come. you consciously :noway: FIGHT THE URGE to get arrogant in thinking you can eat anything and everything because "your naturally fit with out work at all" (some people will try to pump :drinker: your head up to get you to go back to your past weight---:ohwell: --with werid tactics like always wanting to go out to eat, or offering and:devil: gifting food and pastries etc...)

:smile: other than that as long as you stay humble:wink: after weight loss and enjoy and maintain and still workout you'll be fine, its when you get laxed and :smokin: cocky is when things get blah* but shopping is:bigsmile: fun, clothes arent a hastle and sweats stop being your best friend* :flowerforyou:
  • cheshire29
    Options
    My feet got smaller! Went from a 9/9.5 to an 8.

This would be the most amazing change I could hope for! I wear a 13 women's but my feet are very narrow so I doubt my size will change.

I get hit on more, not a bad thing at all!
  • MucGay
    MucGay Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I actually can see my collar-bone! Haven't seen them for awhile!
  • DanetteNel
    DanetteNel Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Bump - Love this!
  • RockaholicMama
    RockaholicMama Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I'm flexible! I can twist in ways I never knew that I could!

Men actually look at me. Which is still...weird to me, because I haven't gathered if the staring is a good thing or not just yet.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!