What Have You Given up?

Options

Replies

• sofulnaturalee
    sofulnaturalee Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Not food, but excuses. I now force myself to get up and do my workout.

Me too! bye bye excuses
  • rushikareddy
    rushikareddy Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    My greatest sacrifice has been meat! I am a part vegetarian now ( I eat eggs or I'd face acute protein deficiency).
  • Ashlilee
    Options
    Eating at office parties. I moved away for a year and lost about 30lbs! When I moved back and was re-hired at my old job I gained 25lbs in a year. This office has donuts, cake, cookies, parties all of the time. I still attend but I no longer eat anything I didn't bring from home. I started seeing results pretty quickly.
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    About 1.5 hours of sleep in the morning. I started going to the gym before work most days. Pays off.

As far as food? Nothing. I eat everything in moderation. More healthy foods, make the less healthy foods a treat/rarity.

Works out. I feel good :)
  • Morethanwillpower12
    Options
    I used to drink Pepsi all day long, every day. I didn't drink anything else, no water, no tea, no juice, just pepsi. I gave it up almost a year ago and I don't even miss it anymore. :)
  • jbot78000
    Options
    Soda, chips, bread and candy.
  • tiffanyheth
    tiffanyheth Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Soda, Candy Bars, and unlimited portions.

Now I drink only water (maybe one cup of coffee or milk per week), I try to use alternative sweet tooth satisfiers, and limit myself to one reasonable portion.
  • TOMEKA18
    TOMEKA18 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Negative people, junk food and excuses
  • hcleving
    hcleving Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Pop - Coke is my absolute favorite, but its gotta go!
    Coffee - for the most part. I have the occaisional small Starbucks, but I've switched to green tea instead
    Cheese - I will eat it RARELY but I don't think having it as a part of my daily diet does me any favors
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    My size 18 pants, XL shirts and a whole plethora of clothing that no longer fits.

I've given up no particular foods.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    For me, I cut out as much sugar as humanly possible. Now I don't get as sleepy at lunchtime.
    I do miss my raspberry filled donuts though.

:frown:
  • hcleving
    hcleving Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Cut back alcohol to once every couple months. Its helped my weightloss and my mental health :)

^^^^THIS^^^^
  • eevincheezburger
    eevincheezburger Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Refined carbs (pasta, white rice, white breads, etc.), nightly dessert, nightly alcoholic beverage, more than one cup of coffee per day, PROCESSED FOODS, fast food, sugary juices, butter, milk, beef, any fried foods... Occasionally I have some of these, but it's more like once per month rather than -every- day. First difference I noticed was NO MORE HEARTBURN, nausea, or sleepless nights.

Wow... Just realized how much my diet has really changed!
  • hirnsa
    hirnsa Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Although I just started tracking in hopes of a leaner, healthier life....I gave up soda 2 years ago.
    My dad called to tell me he had a stint placed in his arm as he will eventually have to have kidney dialysis. At least that is what his dr. told him due to kidney his kidney counts. His dr. told him that due to the Cola (Kola nut) in soda (his choice was Dr. Pepper and he drak @ 50-60 oz daily or so), his kidneys were going to shut down. His kidney counts were in the mid 20s. So, my dad quit drinking soda and his numbers have gotten better. Apparently just about every soda has Cola/Kola nut in it and it destroys your kidneys. It does not list it on the can under that name but you can research it online.
    Soda is not only bad for your kidneys but also very fattening. Even the "zero" sodas are not good due to the "fake" sweetners.
  • FabFran33
    Options
    I LOVE my hazelnut coffee *light & sweet*.......had to give that up. But, I will treat myself once in a while, minus the cream & sugar. Also, gave up soda and processed fruit juice. The only juice I'll drink now are green juices I make myself. And those are usually meal replacements.
  • Kelly_Runs_NC
    Kelly_Runs_NC Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    All the things I gave and honestly, I don't really even miss anymore:

soda:
    sugar;
    pasta;
    cakes/cookies;
    white potatoes;
    white bread and flour;
    white rice;
    chips and junk food.

Funny to say, but now my body actually craves broccoli and oatmeal!!
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I gave up a carb-heavy diet that made my life a torturous cycle of binging and craving and gaining and stalling and losing and being a cranky, miserable beast.

Well worth it. Not saying I don't still have my days when a pastry, fries, a double cheeseburger and a milkshake don't sound like heaven, but those days are not every day anymore. Not even every week.
  • Lsteedly85
    Lsteedly85 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I've changed everything over the course of 2 1/2 years... no fast food, soda, red bull, fried foods, and about 80% on reduction of processed foods. I started off slowly removing things from my daily intake to the point where I no longer wanted it. If I have a piece of cake or a cookie, its no biggie now as long as eaten in moderation. Changing my intake helped me go down almost 60lbs and my life long acid reflex problem is gone!!! :wink:
  • Santerre1984
    Santerre1984 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Well with my coffee I gave up my 2 tbsp of sugar to one packet of splenda.
    I no longer drink OJ every morning, instead I eat real fruit or make my own juice.
    I went from 1% milk to skim milk or Soy milk.
    No MORE Wine :sad: I still miss it I used to have 1-2 glasses a day.
    Now I will have a Raspberry Stoli and diet maybe once every two weeks if my calories count allows it.
    Real Cheese, Bread, and a lot of carbs.
  • Breathing2theBeat
    Options
    french fries