Oh no, Superbowl weekend!

Options

Replies

• polarsjewel
    polarsjewel Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    Don't drink alcohol then. You'll still have fun I promise!

This is a dangerous fiction that you speak.

I think this falls under the fantasy section....:drinker:
  • dlveck
    dlveck Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Everyone keeps saying "It's just one day." Halloween was just one day. Thanksgiving was just one day. Christmas was just one day. New Years Eve was just one day. New Years Day was just one day. There's always going to be "just one day." Valentine's Day, St. Pat's Day, Easter, 4th of July, etc... You just have to manage those "just one days" and realize that even though there's "crap" food, you don't have to eat it. I struggle with this ALL THE TIME! Just the other day I was out with friends shooting some pool and one of the guys ordered a giant nacho tray. Did I have some? Yes, but only a few bites. Moderation...it's all about moderation!
  • Katbody10
    Katbody10 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    What the heck are you working for if you can't go and have a fun day with friends??!! Since it's now officially in your plan, so much easier than the surprise party you got 2 days BEFORE your b-day :laugh:

Just work out a little harder this week before the game .. kinda hold back on the calories a little more .. and do the same the week after the game .. You'll be perfectly fine!

Life's no fun if you have to sit and panic because of a party! Enjoy yourself .. live your life freely. What's the point otherwise. You're not partying every day like that :wink:

Drink up .. eat up .. I'm sure you'll control yourself a little better than racing everyone to the booze and food table, making sure you eat it all up before they even get their plates out :tongue:

Cheers! :drinker:
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    You already said your willpower will be gone after the first 2 drinks so it's pointless to give you any tips about food but here is one we all have heard before"Do not drink and drive".
  • fluffy925
    fluffy925 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    STAY AWAY FROM THE NACHOS!!!!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    There are always going to be celebrations, BBQs, birthdays, holidays, special occasions, etc. Are you going to go through the rest of your life trying to avoid these things? Take a bigger picture...it's one day out of many. I pretty much plan to eat to maintenance as I usually do with these types of things...it's good practice. I'll probably go a little lighter on breakfast and lunch and skip my snacks so I can go all in for the big party.
  • alaskaang
    alaskaang Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Eat a bit less for a couple days before or afterwards, and enjoy your party. It's the easiest way to enjoy and still come in at goal for the week.

I'm the one making the wings for the party we're going to and my wing sauces are the bomb - Chipotle Buffalo and Sweet n Spicy Bourbon Habanero - so yeah I'll be having some! and who knows what else. :)
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Go, enjoy and try to stay conscious in order to muster up some self control. It's about enjoying life to the fullest and putting food into perspective even when surrounded by it. My secret is I take an inventory of the food served and try to decide where I'm spending calories. Then I implement the plan allowing modifications. Sometimes i have to walk away from where the food is served. Often someone else wants to join me with the same idea :wink:
  • ngressman
    ngressman Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Bring a fruit tray or veggie tray, and eat that fist. Also just remember the fun part is watching the fame with friends and family. Drink water, and that should help with calories. Also if you go over your calories one day it won't matter in the long scheme.
  • CancunJulie
    CancunJulie Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I like the idea of a good work out and bring your own food to munch on. Low cal popcorn, veggies, hummus, veggie tray and a crock pot of lower calorie chilli.
  • NewMnky1
    NewMnky1 Posts: 264
    Options
    Offer to bring some snacks and you can make some healthy ones that you know the calories like Faux Fried Onion Rings (Hungry Girl) or Faux Fried Pickles (Hungry Girl) or texas style french fries (skinny taste).
  • Mathguy1
    Mathguy1 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I would treat it like Thanksgiving. Get a workout in during the morning. Try to eat more vegetables and less fried food during the game. Use a smaller plate. Enjoy the day with your family and friends and get back to it on Monday.
  • pacosal
    pacosal Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Iceman420
    Iceman420 Posts: 195
    Options
    I'm bringing my own snack this year: Two bags of Twizzlers. It's not the best choice, but there is very little fat in Twizzlers :)
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    No worries here, don't watch football!!! :happy:
  • 386lindsey
    Options
    I just found this great website with hundreds of recipes. You could pick a couple to make and take for yourself so you won't feel so guilty and maybe help someone else out too :)

It's skinnytaste.com

My new favorite site!!
  • Our team is going so we will be celebrating. I'm nervous about the party food. So I am making mini broiled crab cakes and ill bring those. Ill also bring a veggie tray and gum and probably strawberries or some other fruit for dessert.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    eat all the snacks!!
  • kaylinn9
    kaylinn9 Posts: 112
    Options
    I've heard that if you're ever at a party, it's advisable to always have one drink (it can be alcohol, just make sure you monitor your intake on that too) in your hand.
    Keep one hand busy, the other free. That way, you won't be tempted to eat, especially if there's a buffet line, because oftentimes, you need both hands to help yourself to servings.
    Also, limit yourself to half a portion each. But you know, it is superbowl sunday. I guess you can let yourself have 100 calories over your budget. 100 calories is not going to kill your diet plans.

Remember! One bad meal won't make you fat, like how one good meal won't make you skinny.