Giving popcorn flavour without calories?

Options

Replies

• mamaof3grlz
    Options
    bump
  • Corjogo
    Corjogo Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Love the suggestions. Just got 2 new ones, on line - Cabela's - CARMEL APPLE 10 calories per teaspoon and Urban Accents (from World Markets) Popcorn seasoning (Buttery CARMEL CORN) - 1/4 teaspoon = 0 calories. Haven't tried them yet, but have them on hand for my next "snack attack".
  • NikkiHann17
    NikkiHann17 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I spray mine with butter PAM nad then shake it in a ziploc baggie with Taco seasoning. If I really want to go wild I add cheese on top. The other way is less calories though.:smile:
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    I pop my popcorn in a brown paper bag in the microwave! It really does work! I actually splash some water on it and put on salt and pepper.
  • Oliver_Cat_13
    Oliver_Cat_13 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I like using a little bit of chile powder. Not enough to make it spicy, but enough to give it a little flavor.
  • SPBROOKS68
    SPBROOKS68 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Garlic Pepper....then shake good and enjoy:bigsmile:
  • mallen404
    mallen404 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Spray becel? I haven't tried it thought...
    Parmesan cheese tastes good!!
    Black pepper
    garlic

parmesean cheese and hot sauce!! soo good!
  • 1fatmom
    Options
    My family likes to eat seasoning salt or dry ranch dressing with a little parmesan cheese. There are several different types of popcorn seasonings that can be found usually right around the popcorn in the store. Some of the flavors that I can remember are sour cream and onion and white cheddar. Hope this helps a little!
  • dan_IRL
    dan_IRL Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    You can put away the air popper and just use the microwave and a brown paper bag. Put an 1/8 cup kernels in a brown paper bag (like a lunch bag), fold the top twice over and use the Popcorn button on your microwave. Does the same thing the air popper does.

for seasoning, my fave is using a Misto Olive Oil spritzer with fresh cracked black pepper and sea salt. The oil adds a few calories but with the mister, it's very minimal.

When bored with salt and pepper, I just raid the spice cabinet and use any sort of blend that catches my eye.
  • Gimpdogg
    Gimpdogg Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I'm from Maryland...can't go wrong with Old Bay Seasoning.
  • Tannis77
    Options
    bump
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Did anyone say ranch seasoning yet? Yummy! I also like garlic salt.
  • SameMe_JustLess
    SameMe_JustLess Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I am just giving my 2 cents.... a few sprays of I Can't Believe It's Not Butter and garlic salt!
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    I usually use cheese flavored popcorn salt. Some of you have some really good ideas though. I'm going to have to try Mrs Dash.
  • barb1241
    barb1241 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I use cooking spray to dampen the popcorn and then sprinkle on fajita seasoning or taco seasoning-any kind of spice packet thingy-or butter buds. A few extra calories, but lotta flavor for just a few cals.
  • Tat2dDom0105
    Options
    I love hot sauce on mine! Mmmm. Texas Pete and popcorn!

I put Sriracha on mine all the time..........unless i'm at the movies......
  • jae6704
    jae6704 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I've got an air-popper (you know, you put the kernals in and they come out as popcorn!) but I find after a couple of mouthfuls I'm just bored with eating it. Good in a way, but if I've specially mad a healthy snack I'd like to eat it!:bigsmile:

Anyone have any ideas for adding flavour (savoury preferred) without piling on loads of calories? I asked this question on another forum (not diet-related) and all people came up with was adding loads of butter/oil, or cheese, or chocolate, or sugar........

And if I could portion it into ziplock bags without it going bleugh I could take it to work:glasses:

I use this paperica lime lemon seasoning. It is yummy and no calories.
  • puddlesiam
    puddlesiam Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    bump
  • BaristaX
    BaristaX Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I sometimes melt a little bit of coconut oil and add a pack of stevia and mix it with a small pinch of sea salt, adds just a few extra calories, but tastes almost like a fully loaded sweet kettle style pop corn
  • rvhorsburgh
    rvhorsburgh Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I am all about the green tabasco.