What is the biggest unexpected surprise after losing weight?

Options

Replies

• shayemimi
    shayemimi Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Crossing my legs! I really notice my legs are smaller when I cross my legs, weird I know, but it feels great! And my shoulders feel so much smaller, lol. I touch my collar bone a lot too, lol. And I can feel my hip bones. So weird! It's great!
  • bobcar1001
    Options
    Having to get my wedding ring re-sized
  • LauraDotts
    LauraDotts Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I'm not even at the half way mark yet but:

Being able to reach across my own spine. Able to reach other body parts.

Looking down and not recognising my own legs. My thighs and feet look longer.

How uneven everything is. My right thigh and knee is a lot bigger than my left.

Being uncomfortable in bed because my shape is changing.

And, yes, my feet are getting smaller.
  • JeryJo
    JeryJo Posts: 5
    Options
    You hit the nail on the head! Was just discussing this with my trainer today! I definately felt like I was treated differently especially by men. It really made me mad as I didn't like the idea that I was dicounted more when I was heavy. So mad that it sabotaged me and on the weight came. I am in the process of losing the 40 lbs I gained and I think I am more prepared this time. More secure within myself. Just tellin it like it was for me!
  • Rodhands
    Options
    As a guy, and I apologise if this is rather crude

My junk has like an extra inch if not 1.5 inches through losing the weight :D I was already average so now I just look like a monster...

WOO WOO :D
  • PoshDinosaur
    PoshDinosaur Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I always like buying a new belt, or using a new hole on my watch strap.
  • jsan5933
    Options
    calves got smaller and my boots fit :)
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    Well...half way through my weight loss I met the man of my dreams. :heart: I even inspired him to start losing weight too. :)
  • Retrograde_Orbit
    Retrograde_Orbit Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Now that I have reached my weight goal, I am hoping to inspire my brother to look after himself better. He has a lot of ailments, some of which are caused by his being overweight, not eating properly, smoking, drinking and not exercising.

All the things I used to do up until seven months ago. The fun thing is that I am seeing him this Saturday and the last time we got together was just under a year ago. He has no idea that I have been getting back into shape.

I lost a half measurement in show size... Definitely feel the cold more quickly than I used to... Feel stronger and fitter.
  • sanndandi
    sanndandi Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    My cutest pair of jeans, that I LOVE and wear all the time, are too big and don't look too flattering on me....which I hate. I LOVE that that they are getting too big but the next size smaller is still a little snug in the waist....something I didn't think of, they should make jean half sizes! But where I shop they don't.

Yes! This is me as well. My original goal was to get back into my size 10 jeans as I had been creeping into 12's but now the 10's are loose, and the size 8's are still a little tight.
  • ShellB8585
    ShellB8585 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I got pregnant after being told I couldn't.
    Congratulations :)
  • Gemz321
    Gemz321 Posts: 64
    Options
    Before, I always used to look older for my age. Now im losing weight people ask me how old I am, and when I say im 25 they really cant believe it, They thought I was about 18 maximum 20. I live in the uk, and I seem to get asked a lot for ID now when buying alcohol, I was never really asked before.
  • CSassWJE
    Options
    Well, happily, people have noticed that I have lost weight, but the biggest surprise is that some people ask if I have been ill, or if I lost weight because of stress in my life. That was surprising. I only lost 35 pounds and I am down to 180, so I wonder why people would assume that I have been ill. And relative to stress, I tend to eat more when my stress level rises.
  • ruggedBear
    Options
    I am more tolerant of others and less judgemental. I never realized that I used a "judge others before they judge you" defense mechanism until I lost weight.

Instead of assuming the worst when I meet someone new, I expect to like them, and for them to like me. It's much nicer that way!

11894292.png
  • ashleen7
    ashleen7 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I am more tolerant of others and less judgemental. I never realized that I used a "judge others before you they judge you" defense mechanism until I lost weight.

Instead of assuming the worst when I meet someone new, I expect to like them, and for them to like me. It's much nicer that way!

11894292.png

I was just going to post this! I find that I'M a nicer person and more open to meeting new people and trying new things when I don't have to worry about my weight being an issue, it's actually less effort to have a better outlook on life than waiting for life to give you a kick in *kitten*!
  • ashleen7
    ashleen7 Posts: 258 Member
    Options

My junk has like an extra inch if not 1.5 inches through losing the weight :D I was already average so now I just look like a monster...

How you doin?!
  • ruggedBear
    Options
    I HATE the way my face looks now. I'm so sad about it. I've worked so hard to lose this weight and still have 30 pounds to go and I hate to look at pictures of myself now. I look so wrinkled, old and tired. Everyone else on here looks so much younger and healthier in their after pictures. :-(

I don't see that in your picture - but I know that how you see yourself is different. I feel like that sometimes too - like - where did that mini-waddle in my neck come from? How do I get rid of it? I just have to tell myself that I will never be perfect but that I still look a LOT better than I did overall.
  • naturallynikki
    Options
    since no guys have said it. apparently every 30-40lbs you lose youre little soldier is said to gain an inch.

now, im not sure cause i dont have two yardsticks to properly measure but.....

LOL!!!!! Good one!
  • naturallynikki
    Options

How you doin?!

LOL!!!
  • RadioactivePirate
    Options
    the biggest surprise was that when I looked in the mirror, I still saw the fat girl. It took quite a long time to truly see myself as I now was as opposed to how I used to be.

This was a surprise to me as well. I still see myself as much bigger than I actually am. I look at other women who wear the same size clothes as me and they register in my head as being much smaller even though I know logically they can't be. I hope my brain catches up soon!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!