What is the biggest unexpected surprise after losing weight?

Options

Replies

• Caseyann2501
    Caseyann2501 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    :smile: Bump! Cant wait to experience some of this things soon
  • CrazyTrackLady
    CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if it was the tight shirt that shows my ample bosom, or that I am just happier these days, but yeah, I got winked at by a young guy while I was going into the grocery store. hee hee
  • JamieG8991
    JamieG8991 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    Well, sex is better, my clothes are looser, I can see definition in my stomach again....basicaly, EVERYTHING is much much better!!! :bigsmile:
  • Beethoven1827
    Beethoven1827 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    The horrible flabby loose skin on my tummy. :-( I've lost about 35lb since July last year, and while I love how I look now (although I'm not done yet!), if I lie on my side or lean forward, I have this horrible wrinkly squelchy stuff. Euuch.

On the bright side, I'd forgotten how much I love my collarbones! :-)
  • jonesie84
    jonesie84 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I've had a few suprises, some good and some not so great. I've lost 57lb since Jan 2012.

Good:
    I only did cardio for a year and no weights and the extra skin from having two kids via c-section is almost all gone!
    I get compliments constantly and asked if I'm 20-21(I'm 28)
    I have abs!
    I fit into my first 2 piece bathing suit since 2006!
    While in Disneyworld at the pool with my kids, I got hit on by a guy who wasnt 21 haha

Bad:
    I cannot stop seeing the "old" me
    I am more self conscious than I was before
    Now I am almost diet and workout obsessed and sometimes its not good

22233788.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • JJESQ
    JJESQ Posts: 1
    Options
    since no guys have said it. apparently every 30-40lbs you lose youre little soldier is said to gain an inch.

now, im not sure cause i dont have two yardsticks to properly measure but.....

For some reason this totally made my day, and made me send a motivational email to my husband! LOLOL
  • Caramel_24
    Caramel_24 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    My feet got smaller! Went from a 9/9.5 to an 8.

Yeah I went from a UK 6 to a UK 5 and I have only lost 20plus lbs.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    learning to like burpees, lol!!
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,731 Member
    Options
    It looks bigger now. Wife like it.
  • FatDadSlim
    FatDadSlim Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Being a Asthma sufferer since school i was most surprised when i could stop using my preventer & Inhaler.
  • Puggy33
    Puggy33 Posts: 300
    Options
    I get more response out of people for everything I do and say now, granted I know it's because i'm not a fatbody anymore it's still awesome to have people show interest.
  • Lanise_10
    Lanise_10 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    :noway: Bad: I'm freezing all the time (my heater is on right now at work), loose skin (YUCK!), sometimes it feels as if my bones are protruding through my butt when sitting.

:laugh: Good: I'm no longer in size 22/24/26/28...now in 8/10. My shoes size went from a 9 years ago to a 7 1/2. Boots fit and I love my over-the-knee boots and sweater dresses. I have collar bones too!!!! :) I get hit on by younger men and more men in general. Love to shop (maybe this is bad). LOL My self esteem is much better!!!!
  • Les_Lamb57
    Les_Lamb57 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Good - been a long time since I could wear a good pair of 32" jeans
    Climbing Scafell Pike without feeling like im going to die
    Great to be slim on the beach last summer

Bad - my toes get cold when i'm cycling
  • Anycleavers
    Anycleavers Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I have bones! Bones, I tell you. Hip bones, collar bones, ribs! Ribs? Where the hell did these come from?
  • jeanmoreno
    jeanmoreno Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Thats so true ! lol
    I would think the improvement with all the weight loss is better sex. i could be wrong. but that is one of my motivations lol.
  • meowkapow
    meowkapow Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Spooning (in the cuddling sense!) is a lot nicer and intimate now that my bf and I are smaller in size, no booty or belly in the way haha
  • jeanmoreno
    jeanmoreno Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    being able to move in the bath,and wearing tight clothes!!!! :-)
  • P05T5CRIPT
    P05T5CRIPT Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    The attention from the opposite sex, the last time anyone asked me out I was at University, that was nearly 8 years ago! Since I've lost weight, I get a lot of compliments and have had quite a few guys ask me out, it's very flattering, but I take it with a pinch of salt, as there will always be a part of me that is hurt people couldn't see past the outside to who I am as a person....I guess it will take time to adjust to the attention.

I get MUCH better service in shops, it's actually been a real eye-opener....before when I shopped for clothes (heck even when I went grocery shopping), it was like I was invisible, now shop assistants say hello to me and ask if i need any help, even bringing me different sizes in changing rooms, it's been a revelation.

My confidence and self-esteem have really improved, I feel good about myself and I think that now shows through, I'm more outgoing and have a tonne of energy. My outlook on life is more positive, I'm actually thinking about switching careers, to do something I've always wanted to do, I would never have even thought about it last year when I was 70lbs heavier!

The funny thing is I now have bones hahah....hip bones and collar bones, I haven't noticed those....well...since forever! The bad is that I am always cold!
  • Lilyyy7
    Lilyyy7 Posts: 41
    Options
    My stretch marks are almost invisible.... I had some stretch marks on my love handles (love handles that are GONE now) and on my arms. I can't even see them anymore, I love it! :)

My confidence has gone way up. Not necessarily with how I look, but in what I can accomplish. I feel pretty confident telling people I can run 4 miles a day, and I have no problem flexing my biceps. ;)
  • lisavirani
    lisavirani Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I have had 4 people not even recognize me. FOUR people! These are people I have met 5-10 times before. And they have all said "I'm not sure we've met" or "hi, I'm such and such" and each time I'm slightly offended that I am not that memorable, yet slightly pleased that I have changed my look so much that I don't even seem like the same person. Aside from dropping the weight, I have gained confidence and a better sense of style. I take care of myself more. So much, I guess I am a new person, ha :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!