Struggling to name my hamster

Options

Replies

• MrsT99
    MrsT99 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I bought my first hamster with my partner when I was 20, we wanted a dog but our living situation made a hamster much more realistic. We called our first hamster Stewie.

We moved into a new house and got a puppy who we called Dexter but Stewie was no less loved (although less money was spent on him)

Stewie died a number of months ago and we got a new hamster and called him Sheldon. It's nice to have fur-friends, regardless of whether people think us in their 20's having such pets is stupid!

I call my pets after favourite TV shows - as you can see :-)

Yay
  • hdutoit17
    Options
    Pippen
  • MrsT99
    Options

In sharing random hamster stories our last hamster only once escaped in the night. I was woken up by my husband saying, "Ninja's out" so I got out of bed thinking he had heard the hamster moving around the flat then I realised he already had the hamster in his hands. It turned out Ninja had broken out of his cage and come into the bedroom, where we were asleep. There was a cushion from the bed on the floor next to the bed and he climbed onto the cushion, and onto the duvet that was hanging from the bed - he was running up and down James's legs in the night! It's a good job he realised who it was as his instinct was that it was a rat or something!

Sheldon isn't bad.

Oh my goodness I'd be freaking out if that happened!

In ref to the other post, my best friend Emma is 33, her husband is 40. They have 2 miniature Wabbits two cats and 2 Roborovski hamsters. My aunt and uncle are 72 and have (as long as I can remember) had 2 guinea pigs!

It did make me relieved his side of the bed is closer to the door....
  • trancenhouse
    trancenhouse Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Jimmy Rustle.
  • tadpole242
    tadpole242 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    My daughter's hamster was called "Killer" - the most vicious creature I've ever known.

Up the upside - I did get to master the "hamster flick" after about the fifth time it sunk its fangs in me.....

My best friend's teeny russian hamster when I was little would be absolutely lovely, lull you into a false sense of security, then take a chunk out of your finger when you least expected it. I've never trusted russian hamsters since...
    My daughter still bares the scar from one of her three Russian who bit through the nail of her middle finger and from the other side of her finger, they were all lighting fast to bite and run away.
  • MrsT99
    Options
    My daughter's hamster was called "Killer" - the most vicious creature I've ever known.

Up the upside - I did get to master the "hamster flick" after about the fifth time it sunk its fangs in me.....

My best friend's teeny russian hamster when I was little would be absolutely lovely, lull you into a false sense of security, then take a chunk out of your finger when you least expected it. I've never trusted russian hamsters since...
    My daughter still bares the scar from one of her three Russian who bit through the nail of her middle finger and from the other side of her finger, they were all lighting fast to bite and run away.

Ouch! Not nice!
  • BlackStarDeceiver
    BlackStarDeceiver Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    super cat food
  • Hirgy03
    Hirgy03 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    tumblr_md8kc1xcfR1r2gj7wo1_400.gif

RHINO

/thread
  • MrsT99
    Options
    I've not seen Bolt. Maybe should give it a watch!

Thanks everyone I will go over all the suggestions with the husband later....
  • Kevin.

deffo! lmao!
  • feistymoon
    Options
    Looks like he enjoys running on that wheel

Call him Forest.. or Gump lol

Alfie
    Oscar
    Blue
    My first one was called Monty, after General Montgomery. Technically a hamster is a desert rat, so my dad thought it would be a good name.

Enjoy him, whatever you decide to call him
  • HappyNinjaStar
    HappyNinjaStar Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    If you're a fan of How I Met Your Mother:

WaitForIt
  • n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    <<<<<<<<<<<My daughter called her's Major Fluffy, Destroyer of Toilet Rolls! He get's called Fluff Puff, Hammy Ham Ham, Little Fluffy. No wonder he's totally insane! Constantly trying to escape and has no sense at all!

Last night he was climbing upside down on the bars at the top of the cage until he was over his wheel, he then let go so he was lying on his back ON TOP of his wheel. Then the wheel start turning and he either falls off head first or tail first! Then he goes and does it again!! Totally nuts!

The other thing he does is climb up the side of the cage til he's next to his wheel then stretches across to his wheel so he's hanging by his front paws from the top of the wheel Eventually it will start turning and he'll fall off!

We think he's some sort of secret hamster agent!

Edit to add.....I think your hamster looks like a Sheldon!

My Hamsters name is Fluffy!!!

I'd name him Rufus, he's a famous cartoon mole guy :)
  • JessicaRobin67
    JessicaRobin67 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I have not read(only the first few) posts so I hope I don't repeat.

Sandster (color of sand)

We had a small hamster named Butterscotch one time.
  • nonstopper
    nonstopper Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    HAM
  • PottsvilleCurse1925
    PottsvilleCurse1925 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry for your struggle. I hope you find peace soon :cry:
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Richard Gere.
  • RenfieldX
    RenfieldX Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Lemmiwinks

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRdt_VWk1P29tAHlihDfW4lQ8FabXrVpAFfuzR3MSI_jl3CAnST2qTwx5fjpA
  • imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    RE-RUN
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Master Shifu?