taking superbowl sunday OFF. yes or no?

Options

Replies

• 5stringjeff
    5stringjeff Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Life is too short to drink crappy beer. I would rather have a good tasting, higher calorie beer and have less of them than to drink anything with Ultra in the name, or some piss water that I have already professed to not liking.

This. Not to mention, the difference between crappy beer and good beer is usually less than 100 calories/serving. For example, Bud Light is 115 calories, but Sam Adams Boston Lager is 160. See here: http://www.beer100.com/beercalories.htm
  • dfquigley
    dfquigley Posts: 186
    Options
    I didn't even take christmas off! :p
  • BogQueen1
    BogQueen1 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    The only reason I would even watch the game would be to see the Ravens get beat. Since that's probably not going to happen, I doubt I'll be watching it. So it will most likely be business as usual. =)
  • underwater77
    underwater77 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I am going to try to do a 75 min yoga > 60 minute spin > a bit of gluttony segue on Sunday. My buddy cooks his game (elk, moose, javelina) for the SB, so I will enjoy odd meats and plenty of good beer.

I feel like I have taken all week off though.
    :bag
  • RobfromLakewood
    Options
    I'm not much of a drinker, but I am a wings maniac and will be doing long bike rides Saturday and Sunday in anticipation of Wing's Bowl, I mean Super Bowl.
  • alikat2986
    alikat2986 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    DO NOT TAKE THE DAY OFF!! Yes, do your workout in the morning and enter every beer into MFP just to keep yourself in check. Have a water between every alcoholic drink, your body will thank you.

I will be drinking beer as well ;):drinker:
  • girlykate143
    girlykate143 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    It'll be carb-central at my house. i don't even really like football, but I do like to eat. I probably will not have alcohol though.
    i plan to include some homemade salsa, some guac, some healthyish chips, some meatballs in a croc, stuff like that.
    Yes, I'm definitely planning my "fun food day"!
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    Not enough people laughed at my groundhog joke so I'm reporting this post.
  • betsij
    betsij Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I won't be logging on Sunday for sure. I live in Baltimore. :drinker:

Go Ravens!!:drinker:
  • loveadrianna217
    loveadrianna217 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am definitely going to take the day off. I am going to try to control my intake for the day but I plan to eat pizza and wings.
  • extraordinary_machine
    extraordinary_machine Posts: 3,028 Member
    Options
    OP, seriously...if you like beer, drink beer. Good beer. Don't count cals that day, and maybe do an extra workout in the morning to account for the food you'll be eating. It takes approximately an extra 3,500 calories to gain 1 measly little pound, so any weight gain you might see will be water weight.

People, this losing weight thing isn't rocket science...eat a bit less, move more, lift some heavy things, moderation is key, and stay hydrated. Not counting for ONE FRELLING DAY isn't going to derail your entire life.
  • brittrose33
    Options
    If my boyfriend decides to do a thing like last year, I will be prepared. Work out enough that I can have a beer or two (or three...) then switch to a low calorie liquor mixed drink (or two, or six...). Making some half way healthy snacks for myself and whoever else wants some:

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2012/02/skinny-baked-mozzarella-sticks.html

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2013/01/spicy-buffalo-cauliflower-bites.html

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/01/skinny-baked-jalapeno-poppers.html

These. Look. Awesome. Thank you for sharing! We're having a fish fry, but I'll probably bake some for myself. My biggest weakness is chips and dip, but I'll do my best.

I'm running 7 miles that morning, so I'll definitely have a few extra calories to burn :)

Chips and dip!

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2013/01/hot-and-spicy-buffalo-shrimp-dip.html

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/09/hot-spinach-and-artichoke-dip.html

I love that website, so so much. It saves my life all the time. :tongue:
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    since I will be at the game and in New orleans the whole weekend..I am taking the whole weekend off...!
  • alimarie53
    alimarie53 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I'm not a superbowl person at all. However, I love food and drinks! I wont be going overboard, but I will indulge a bit.
  • BigDnSW
    BigDnSW Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    What's the superbowl???
  • _LilPowerHouse
    _LilPowerHouse Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I hate that the Superbowl is on Sunday's.. It should be moved to Friday or Saturday, so that I dont have to take Mondays off. :bigsmile:
  • taliesyn_
    taliesyn_ Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    If this year is like other years when I am attempting to lose weight then I will say I am taking the day off, buy naughty things and then not eat them as the guilt pangs kick in. So I then either give them away or eat them over the course of a few days instead.
  • taliesyn_
    taliesyn_ Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I hate that the Superbowl is on Sunday's.. It should be moved to Friday or Saturday, so that I dont have to take Mondays off. :bigsmile:
    Yes... being a football fan living in the UK, the Monday following Super Bowl Sunday hits my annual leave for a day every year!
  • knitwit704
    knitwit704 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Too young to drink, but I'm making buffalo chicken breasts, meaning I cut the chicken breast into thin strips, marinate them in a hot sauce and season them a little bit, maybe bread them thinly, or batter them in a healthy batter, and cook them in a non-stick pan with a teaspoon of canola oil... or cook it on a cooling rack in the oven upside down on top of a cookie sheet. And using fat free dressings and eating a lot of veggies. Maybe making a chili that can be kept in a slow-cooker and maybe a healthy enchilada with low-fat or fat free cheese, lots of veggies, and fat-free sour cream. Or low-fat scalloped potatoes. I have a recipe. Or baked chips homemade from potatoes and tortillas and SALSA!!! Which is low-calorie.
  • aadutton
    Options
    I never make a premeditated decision to take a certain day off, or not. That said, I may or may not stay within my caloric goal on Super Bowl Sunday. Regardless, I try to make better decisions than I would have made pre-"lifestyle change". I take a smaller portion, I skip a dish I probably would have tried before so I can indulge more in something I know I like and want, I drink a couple less beers. I don't stress about one day. So, to answer your question, I don't think I ever decide to take a "day off" from my new lifestyle, I just make it work, and still enjoy the things I enjoy, and if I don't stay within my calories that day, I don't stress out about it.