Less than 1200 calories

Options

Replies

• skyline2055
    skyline2055 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    about 7 or 8 years ago i got an a 1000 calorie diet. on a daily i would probably consume about 600 calories a day. i lost about 45lbs in 5 weeks. i went from 220-175. best part is i'd still eat fast food just watched what i'd eat. i would get grilled chicken burgers and cut out the fatty stuff like cheese and mayo. it took me about 6 years to finally gain wait again, i was getting married at the time, wife was pregnant, working 2 jobs ect.

i don't see what the big deal is, i think a lot of people really talk down on it on this site because they themselves can't do it. it's probably more jealousy than anything else. they read too much into what people say on this site.

i'm doing the same diet again and i lost 11lbs in the first 6 days.

just be careful. not everyone's body is the same
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    about 7 or 8 years ago i got an a 1000 calorie diet. on a daily i would probably consume about 600 calories a day. i lost about 45lbs in 5 weeks. i went from 220-175. best part is i'd still eat fast food just watched what i'd eat. i would get grilled chicken burgers and cut out the fatty stuff like cheese and mayo. it took me about 6 years to finally gain wait again, i was getting married at the time, wife was pregnant, working 2 jobs ect.

i don't see what the big deal is, i think a lot of people really talk down on it on this site because they themselves can't do it. it's probably more jealousy than anything else. they read too much into what people say on this site.

i'm doing the same diet again and i lost 11lbs in the first 6 days.

just be careful. not everyone's body is the same

out of curiosity? why are you needing to do the "diet" again?
  • skyline2055
    Options
    read the last sentence after the first paragraph..

my lifestyle changed after marriage, work , and kids .. i didn't have time to "eat healthy" and i sure didn't have the income too be choosy. i'd go fill up on $1 mc donald burgers for lunch and dinner because that's all i could afford and that's all i had time for

life is breezy now though, figured i'd go back to my old weight
  • sbjmorgan
    sbjmorgan Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    That's funny, I can get a bag of beans, a bag of rice, and a bag of broccoli for $1.50 each and feed my entire family for two meals. I hate that whole "eating healthy is expensive" stereotype being perpetuated. It's about learning about nutrition, not about cutting out as much as you can from your chicken sandwiches.
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options

I am a person who was anorexic through my teen years and not only that but during fasting (sunrise to sunset) has forgotten to eat for days on end and ended up in the hospital more than once for it. Just because my body didn't say I was hungry didn't mean it didn't need the food/calories to function. If there is something medical behind why you eat less than your body needs then I wouldn't question it but if you are doing that just to lose the weight fast I know from my own experience how that can be hard on your body.
  • AmIhealthyyet
    AmIhealthyyet Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    read the last sentence after the first paragraph..

my lifestyle changed after marriage, work , and kids .. i didn't have time to "eat healthy" and i sure didn't have the income too be choosy. i'd go fill up on $1 mc donald burgers for lunch and dinner because that's all i could afford and that's all i had time for

life is breezy now though, figured i'd go back to my old weight

I did that about 30 years ago, dropped 40 pounds in about 3 months by really limiting my calories. i maintained an awesome, healthy weight for years, through many preganancys. (gained a reasnable amount and lost after the babies) after going through a divorce i started using food for everything and put on a ton. I have seen that with many, super low calories to get where they want and then maintain for years and years by eating healthy. Trick is to maintain it with healthy changes. Good job, you'll do it again! For me I am doing Primal/Paleo this time, it is really how I ate for so many years to maintain my 125!
  • Miss_Aurora
    Options
    Haven't seen a person yet that can pack in all the vitamins, minerals, nutrients, carbs, healthy fats and protein into 1000 cals a day - you're depleting your body of something, whether it's calcium, vitamin D, protein to build muscle or healthy fats to keep your brain going. Keep that in mind.

Take a look at my diary then. My bloodtests always come back fine.

lol you take 800 supplements a day instead of eating. if you just ate those foods instead, you'd lose weight faster.

It's more like 4, dear, and 22 lbs since December 1st is pretty darn fast. :-p

I've lost 17lb since over January .. and I eat 3 meals a day plus fruit. Cereal & toast for breakfast, a sandwich OR salad (with meat) for lunch, and dinner with meat & veggies.

I know how I'd prefer to lose weight ... eating food!
  • skyline2055
    Options
    That's funny, I can get a bag of beans, a bag of rice, and a bag of broccoli for $1.50 each and feed my entire family for two meals. I hate that whole "eating healthy is expensive" stereotype being perpetuated. It's about learning about nutrition, not about cutting out as much as you can from your chicken sandwiches.
    it's a fact fatty foods are cheaper
  • wmoomoo
    wmoomoo Posts: 159 Member
    Options

i didn't have time to "eat healthy" and i sure didn't have the income too be choosy.

This is a sad statement..... Time doesn't make you chose to eat unhealthy/health. You make the choice. As for the income, I don't know about you but I see people who are willing to give up choosing healthy for the luxury of life (such as smartphone, better cars, tv, etc) or they are more than willing to spend the money for pills than food. Our local farmers market / local bakeries has 50% of on all their products in the last hour before they close. We always have choices.
  • skyline2055
    Options

i didn't have time to "eat healthy" and i sure didn't have the income too be choosy.

This is a sad statement..... Time doesn't make you chose to eat unhealthy/health. You make the choice. As for the income, I don't know about you but I see people who are willing to give up choosing healthy for the luxury of life (such as smartphone, better cars, tv, etc) or they are more than willing to spend the money for pills than food. Our local farmers market / local bakeries has 50% of on all their products in the last hour before they close. We always have choices.
    this is a sad statement as well .. being judgmental

smartphone, cars, tv ?? i wish i had that

and i don't have a "local farmers market" .. i live in the 3rd largest metropolitan city in the US.
  • skyline2055
    Options

I am a person who was anorexic through my teen years and not only that but during fasting (sunrise to sunset) has forgotten to eat for days on end and ended up in the hospital more than once for it. Just because my body didn't say I was hungry didn't mean it didn't need the food/calories to function. If there is something medical behind why you eat less than your body needs then I wouldn't question it but if you are doing that just to lose the weight fast I know from my own experience how that can be hard on your body.

not sure why you're trying to lose weight now , you look fine in your pic
  • Jamie0149
    Options
    DEFINITELY fill up on all you 1200! Even if it's not to satisfy your hunger - your body/muscles/organs ect NEED those calories, whether you're hungry or not! Try liquid calories if you're having trouble with it :)
  • Miss_Aurora
    Options
    Ohhh .. I live in Sydney, but we have a famer's market ... LOTS of them ... I hate the one just down the road ... The traffic jams because of it mean I can never take the short cut to the pool LOL
  • Gymtrainer_23
    Options
    Not enough calories. Eat more
  • AmIhealthyyet
    AmIhealthyyet Posts: 361 Member
    Options

and i don't have a "local farmers market" .. i live in the 3rd largest metropolitan city in the

Why does everyone assume people who are over weight are too 'lazy' to cook or blowing money elsewhere? My daughter managed a fast food restaurant and worked like crazy! She also went to school full time. She lost over 50 pounds eating primarily at work. That was 4 years ago, she hasn't gained anything back.
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    not sure why you're trying to lose weight now , you look fine in your pic

Very nice of you to say, but you don't always see chub in a picture. I am losing for healthy and to feel good in my own skin. I felt my best and was the most pleased when I was 120 lbs so I am heading there again and I am actually pretty chubby so compliments like that are actually appreciated and thank you for that.
  • wmoomoo
    Options

and i don't have a "local farmers market" .. i live in the 3rd largest metropolitan city in the US.

Everyone has the same 24hours/day. And I am sure time doesn't tell me what to eat and not eat. I can't tell you what to do either. It's your life and still your choice to do what you want. But your statement is blaming "time", so you can't be healthy. Unless you decide that YOU are the one in control of your life and not something else, you are most likely going to repeat the path again.

Also, I am not judging you on your finance as I don't know. I have been living in my area for over 20 years and I only recently found out that our farmers market do the 50% off. If my friend didn't tell me, I would never know. Maybe you can ask your local markets and see if they do something similar.
  • karenminett
    karenminett Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Iv only just started this week and only seem to be havinf 900 th 1,000 cals so i hope i loose weight but friends keep telling me i need to eat to loose !:noway:
  • wmoomoo
    Options

and i don't have a "local farmers market" .. i live in the 3rd largest metropolitan city in the

Why does everyone assume people who are over weight are too 'lazy' to cook or blowing money elsewhere? My daughter managed a fast food restaurant and worked like crazy! She also went to school full time. She lost over 50 pounds eating primarily at work. That was 4 years ago, she hasn't gained anything back.

I didn't assume he is overweight in any of my post nor have I said the guy is too lazy to cook. I quoted what he said. Unless time is magically telling people how to eat healthy/unhealthy and have control over us, then everything I said are false.
  • Jaulen
    Jaulen Posts: 468 Member
    Options

it is a sad statement.....back when I was in college, I netted about $250 a month after paying rent and utilities.....and I was able to eat healthy then. Probably ate McDonalds 1 a month. (and that was working 25 to 30 hrs a week, and taking a 27 credit hour course load)

It's called 'knowing how to shop' and 'knowing how/taking time to cook'