Less than 1200 calories

Options
1235»

Replies

• skyline2055
    skyline2055 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    not sure why you're trying to lose weight now , you look fine in your pic

Very nice of you to say, but you don't always see chub in a picture. I am losing for healthy and to feel good in my own skin. I felt my best and was the most pleased when I was 120 lbs so I am heading there again and I am actually pretty chubby so compliments like that are actually appreciated and thank you for that.
    i actually meant to say "pics" but i didn't want to sound like a creep going through your photos LOL
  • sandradev1
    sandradev1 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Iv only just started this week and only seem to be havinf 900 th 1,000 cals so i hope i loose weight but friends keep telling me i need to eat to loose !:noway:

If you want to lose weight in a healthy way and also retain your muscle mass then definitely listen to your friends and be grateful that they take the time to tell you that you definitely need to eat more.
  • SMMiller712
    Options
    I have been wondering about this as well. I am constantly slightly under 1200 calories a day and on days I workout I am significantly lower, but I do not feel hungry enough to eat all of these extra calories. I might try a snack today but even with the dinner I calculated for tonight I will still be under. Suggestions
  • NataBost
    NataBost Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Don't eat less than 1200 calories a day, even MFP advises not to.

IBTL_zps4ce4b261.gif

XD Awesome
  • sandradev1
    sandradev1 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I have been wondering about this as well. I am constantly slightly under 1200 calories a day and on days I workout I am significantly lower, but I do not feel hungry enough to eat all of these extra calories. I might try a snack today but even with the dinner I calculated for tonight I will still be under. Suggestions

Do not rely on your body to tell you when you are hungry or not. If let you down when you put the weight on, why do you listen to it now. Eat the amount of calories that your body needs to maintain both its health and your lifestyle and only deduct a healthy deficit of up to 20% and then you will still lose weight, but retain most of your muscles and finish with a body shape that you always dreamed of, rather than the 'skinny fat' version that we see so often amongst peope who lost weight too quickly.
  • sbjmorgan
    sbjmorgan Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Ok, tell me how the $1.50 bag of lentils (that can be thrown into a crockpot or precooked) are fattier than the $3.99/lb package of ground beef or even the $3.99 bag of doritos? Yeah, didn't think so. Two of your McD's burgers could have gotten you at least 4 servings of lentils for less fat, less money and more nutrition. Your argument is a strawman - you simply chose to eat unhealthy after following a low calorie plan.
  • pefaulkn
    pefaulkn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am doing the eat to live plan which is raw and cooked veggies a PD of each a day at least 4 servings of fresh fruit 1 cup of beans and an ounce of raw nuts. You are also allowed to have an ounce of seeds and you can eat the other items as much as you like. You are supposed to lose 20-30 pounds in 6 weeks. I have been doing this 3 weeks and have only lost 8 pounds. I am not eating sugar or artificial sweeteners. I am totally vegan. I have started to tract calories and have not been getting even 1000 calories a day. I feel so much better than I did but feel I should be losing more, of the 8 pounds I have lost 6 of them were in the first week. Have any of you tried this program?
  • kaylinn9
    kaylinn9 Posts: 112
    Options
    I'm doing the same thing. Eating around 900-1100 calories a day. It doesn't really bother me, I guess it depends on your body. The risk with eating so little is that when you "starve", you'll end up binging and gain back all the weight that you lost and MORE. So if you can keep yourself at this constant calorie intake without feeling deprived or malnourished, then I don't see why not!