May 2010 - no more snacking after dinner

Options

Replies

• rosemary10
    rosemary10 Posts: 253
    Options
    Rose 4 vs Snacks OOOO

Yeah for Teetee! :flowerforyou:

Of course Jason your computer is breaking down. It must be smokin with over 7,000 posts since u began MFP. Nice wt loss though. :glasses:

Way to go ZaaZaa. :flowerforyou:

Way to go Lorna. You are surely BACK :flowerforyou:
  • NotSurprised
    NotSurprised Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    So, it's Lulabelle, Rosemary, Zaza, Jason and me. Nicola, are you still around?
    Where's everyone else from last months? :glasses: (can't see you, guys)
    Btw, Teetee's doing well on maintaining, I hear :smile: .

I'm here sorry, shoot the days go by fast.

Jason 4
    Snacks 1
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    Of course Jason your computer is breaking down. It must be smokin with over 7,000 posts since u began MFP. Nice wt loss though.

:laugh: Thanks rosemary10, a flower for you. wait right here>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>:flowerforyou:
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    Oops :blushing: Snack 1/Lorna 4

Got home late last night and we were sort of celebrating so I was energized. My small victory was that I ate a little homemade vegetarian chili and a bowl of fruit salad instead of cupcakes and cookies.

You all are doing great. Keep it up.

Tonight for me. 7:30
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    I'm here sorry, shoot the days go by fast.

Oh, how I agree!!!
    Lorna, you did fabulous! :flowerforyou:.
    I didn't do bad myself :wink: (finished it all by 9) - Dew: 5 - Late snacks: 0
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    Shoot just in time:)

Jason 5
    Snacks1
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    Well, my cut off was 7:30 but I didn't get home til 8:30. I kept making excuses for why I should eat, but then realized I wasn't actually hungry, so I stayed strong.

6 me/1 snack. I'm off to a much better start this month.

This weekend is 9:30 (although depending on hubby's schedule, I'm aiming for 8:30 if I can convince him to feed me sooner)
  • rosemary10
    Options
    Lulabelle, You did great. Personally, I think you should count that as a success. You got home late (not your fault). And the food was nutritious. :flowerforyou:

I'm 5 vs the snacks 1
  • dewdrop
    Options
    I finished all my eating before 9 :drinker: (though I ended it with sweets, which is not really like me :embarassed: ). Anyway, nothing past 9, so Dew: 6 - Late snacks: 0.

Tonight I'll try hard to eat well before going out, but should that be too long before going to bed, I'm allowed to eat something after my cut-off, provided I stay within calories. Gotta be reasonable, right? :wink:

Everyone's doing so well! Can you believe it's been a week and we're all far ahead of the late snacks? Keep up the good work, team! :flowerforyou:
  • fitnessgal13
    Options
    Me - 4
    Snacks - 2

Here's hoping to continuing to scale back the snacks over the weekend and next week!
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    6 ME / 1 snack

Tonight is 9:30, but trying to cut off at 8:30. Was successful with that last night :)
  • dewdrop
    Options
    fitnessgal, you are doing great! Keep up the good work!
    Tonight I'll try hard to eat well before going out, but should that be too long before going to bed, I'm allowed to eat something after my cut-off, provided I stay within calories. Gotta be reasonable, right? :wink:

I haven't eaten past 7! :noway: So it's Dew: 7 - Late snacks: 0 :bigsmile: Yeay!
  • rosemary10
    Options
    Rose 6 vs Snacks 1
  • slimkitty
    slimkitty Posts: 418
    Options
    Hi everyone! I know it's the 8th of the month but I'd love to join you in this challenge. I am a big nighttime snacker. Cheese, olives and crakers are my vices. I could easily lose 10 pounds just by cutting those foods out. I am not even hungry when I eat them - it's just a habit.
    Any words of advice?
  • dewdrop
    Options
    I regard last night as another success - no snacks, thought I had a very light "dinner" a bit past my cut-off (but was under my calories even after eating), so Dew 7 - Late Snacks 0

slimkitty, welcome! Brush your teeth after dinner and stay strong - no more food afterwards! If you need to put something in your mouth, make yourself a cup of tea. Report here every day, if you can - having to tell us how it all went might make you think twice :wink:. And be prepared for some struggle - it's not easy to break a bad habit. Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    Jason 7
    Snacks 2

I did eat cake after Dinner at my brother's then once again at home.:(
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    8 me/snacks 1

Did pretty good this weekend. My cut off was 9:30 for Friday through Sunday, and I was done each night by 8:30, so I had a pretty good weekend.

Tonight, 7:30
  • dewdrop
    Options
    Last night went pretty much according to the plan I had made in the morning. I knew I was going to go past my cut-off again, but it was a light dinner and not munching, so Dew: 9 - Late snacks: 0. :smile:
  • mindalyn
    mindalyn Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    with this challenge- are you all still eating at the same time as before? or eating later?

thanks!
  • dewdrop
    Options
    with this challenge- are you all still eating at the same time as before? or eating later?

Well, earlier!, since there's nothing after dinner. Dinner is at the same time, or even earlier, if it works for you.